Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Captain Ned

superjawes
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
Topic Author

Re: NFL 2016

Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:59 pm

Every Wild Card team has been knocked out of the playoffs.
superjawes wrote:
Wild Card Weekend

Saturday
Oakland Raiders at Houston Texans

Detroit Lions at Seattle Seahawks

Sunday
Miami Dolphins at Pittsburgh Steelers

New York Giants at Green Bay Packers

Divisional Weekend

Saturday
Seattle Seahawks at Atlanta Falcons

Houston Texans at New England Patriots

Sunday
Pittsburgh Steelers at Kansas City Chiefs

Green Bay Packers at Dallas Cowboys

From everything I've seen so far, I think the NFC has more legitimate Super Bowl contenders and will come away with the championship.
On second thought, let's not go to TechReport. It's infested by crypto bull****.

JustAnEngineer
Gerbil God

Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:34 pm

superjawes wrote:
From everything I've seen so far, I think the NFC has more legitimate Super Bowl contenders and will come away with the championship.

There are more plausible contenders in the NFC this year.  That doesn't mean that they're all better than the Patriots.
· R7-5800X, Liquid Freezer II 280, RoG Strix X570-E, 64GiB PC4-28800, Suprim Liquid RTX4090, 2TB SX8200Pro +4TB S860 +NAS, Define 7 Compact, Super Flower SF-1000F14TP, S3220DGF +32UD99, FC900R OE, DeathAdder2

superjawes
Topic Author

Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:04 am

JustAnEngineer wrote:
superjawes wrote:

There are more plausible contenders in the NFC this year.  That doesn't mean that they're all better than the Patriots.

The Patriots had one of the easiest schedules I have ever seen. They're good, but I have a feeling that they're going to get upset big time.
On second thought, let's not go to TechReport. It's infested by crypto bull****.

CScottG
Graphmaster Gerbil

Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:51 pm

The Texans/Patriots game is interesting from a "point spread" angle. Odd's makers are giving the Patriots a 16 point lead. Local news in Houston asked local Texan fans if: the Texans or Patriots would win and if it would be a "big" win for either. About 90% said the Patriots would win by a very large margin. :lol:

-you never know though, injuries can result in upsets (..presumably like with the Raiders, though given the way they play it's somewhat Karmic.).

superjawes
Topic Author

Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:37 am

JustAnEngineer wrote:
superjawes wrote:
JustAnEngineer wrote:
Los Angeles Chargers

That isn't official yet  :lol:

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local ... 20466.html
The Chargers' move to Inglewood will be announced before January 15, 2017.

It's official.

CScottG
Graphmaster Gerbil

Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:37 pm

..and the odds-makers breath a sigh of relief, the Texans came through for them - Osweiler in particular.

superjawes
Topic Author

Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:04 pm

superjawes wrote:
Divisional Weekend

Saturday
Seattle Seahawks at Atlanta Falcons

Houston Texans at New England Patriots

Sunday
Pittsburgh Steelers at Kansas City Chiefs

Green Bay Packers at Dallas Cowboys

WHAT A GAME IN DALLAS.

superjawes
Topic Author

Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:19 am

Conference Championship Weekend

NFC
Green Bay Packers at Atlanta Falcons

The Packers continue to be hot when it matters. The Cowboys played well (and no one should overlook that), but Aaron and the Pack came out on top. The Falcons look good, but I feel like this is going to be a shootout between Matt Ryan and Aaron Rodgers (I'll take the Packers in this matchup).

AFC
Pittsburgh Steelers at New England Patriots

This is a harder pick. The Steelers have some GREAT weapons, yet they weren't able to score a TD in KC. However, those weapons still matter, and I still don't think that the Patriots are as good as their record, so I'm picking the upset in New England.

paulWTAMU
Emperor Gerbilius I

Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:18 pm

I am incredibly bummed the Colts fired Grigson. They and the Titans need to be stuck in football purgatory for decades. I don't want them getting good
Ugly people have sex all the time. We wouldn't have 6 and a half billion humans if you had to be beautiful to get laid.

superjawes
Topic Author

Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:54 am

Whelp...I was wrong on both.
superjawes wrote:
Conference Championship Weekend

NFC
Green Bay Packers at Atlanta Falcons

AFC
Pittsburgh Steelers at New England Patriots

Super Bowl LI

New England Patriots vs. Atlanta Falcons

paulWTAMU wrote:
I am incredibly bummed the Colts fired Grigson. They and the Titans need to be stuck in football purgatory for decades. I don't want them getting good

Salty, bro? :wink:

I was a bit shocked that this happened now (as opposed to next year, when both he and Pagano would have expiring contracts--I think), but it was somewhat inevitable. We got used to winning with Payton Manning, and the Luck era started with three straight trips to the playoffs (plus one AFC Championship appearance). Missing twice in a row (to the terrible Texans) called for big changes, and we'll see if Pagano makes it out of this, too.

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:49 am

OK so whoever jawes doesn't pick is who will win the Super Bowl.
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.
Twittering away the day at @TVsBen

superjawes
Topic Author

Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:11 am

derFunkenstein wrote:
OK so whoever jawes doesn't pick is who will win the Super Bowl.

Har har. Don't let my Conference Championship predictions distract you from the fact that I went 3/3 on Wild Card weekend and 3/4 on Divisional weekend.

Yes, I underestimated Atlanta. It should have been closer, but a couple of early mistakes put Green Bay in a hole that they couldn't climb out of. Pittsburgh showed some early life, but their game plan fell apart when Bell left the game.

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:19 am

You miss all the shots you don't take, and I didn't take any. I just enjoy a good ribbing.
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.
Twittering away the day at @TVsBen

Captain Ned
Global Moderator

Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:11 pm

Team owner Arthur Blank is taking the entire organization to the Super Bowl on his own dime.

http://uproxx.com/sports/arthur-blank-a ... uper-bowl/
What we have today is way too much pluribus and not enough unum.

CScottG
Graphmaster Gerbil

Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:07 pm

superjawes wrote:
 ..terrible Texans..

Oooh, catchy - I like it! :P