Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Captain Ned

VonMarchall
Gerbil In Training

Re: NFL 2020

Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:31 am

still cant believe brady made it to the superbowl again this time with a joke of a francise!

rogue426
Graphmaster Gerbil

Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:50 am

superjawes wrote:
AFC Championship Game
Buffalo Bills 24 at Kansas City Chiefs 38

NFC Championship Game
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 31 at Green Bay Packers 26

Barf. There was one team that I didn't want to see in the Super Bowl...heck, one player I didn't want to see, but here we are. If you thought NFL media were insufferable before...

Super Bowl LV
Kansas City Chiefs vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Anyway...gotta pick the Chiefs. They deserve it more, and two in a row for Reid and Mahomes is way, way, WAY more desirable than another one for TB. Plus, the Chiefs did with this matchup (in Tampa) earlier this season, and they played their best game of the year against the very good Bills last night. I also think Reid is smart enough to build in motion for his QB so he doesn't get sacked five times.

Brady winning a Super Bowl with a different team would be insufferable.
Probably exactly what the talking heads want most too.

Hopefully the Chiefs leave no freakin doubt in their smackdown.
ASUS P5B-E,ConroeE6400,2GB Mushkin DDR2 800,
EVGA 8800GTS,Corsair 520HX,Antec 900,WD320 GB,Samsung 204B

VonMarchall
Gerbil In Training

Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:30 am

rogue426 wrote:

Anyway...gotta pick the Chiefs. They deserve it more, and two in a row for Reid and Mahomes is way, way, WAY more desirable than another one for TB. Plus, the Chiefs did with this matchup (in Tampa) earlier this season, and they played their best game of the year against the very good Bills last night. I also think Reid is smart enough to build in motion for his QB so he doesn't get sacked five times.

Hopefully the Chiefs leave no freakin doubt in their smackdown.[/quote]

I never really understood the Brady hate.
What is the problem of talking heads talking about a guy winning 7 superbowls?

Obv Chiefs should destroy but why not chill on hating Brady for going the distance with a consisent 2 win team for decades

rogue426
Graphmaster Gerbil

Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:41 am

VonMarchall wrote:
rogue426 wrote:

Obv Chiefs should destroy but why not chill on hating Brady for going the distance with a consisent 2 win team for decades[/quote]

I dont hate Brady. I think he's the greatest QB to play the game.
In my opinion, the NFL long ago became an entertainment league and not a sports league, sort of like WWE .
Brady winning a 7th Super Bowl on a different team other than NE would cement, in my mind , yet another narrative for the pundits of said entertainment league.

Now that I've looked this very well be a bot
ASUS P5B-E,ConroeE6400,2GB Mushkin DDR2 800,

EVGA 8800GTS,Corsair 520HX,Antec 900,WD320 GB,Samsung 204B

idchafee
His Holy Gerbilness

Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:04 am

IIRC Rogue is a Bills fan. I think Bills fans are allowed to hate Brady
YOU CAN RUPTURE SOMEONE'S SPLEEN WITH A WATER BALLOON!!!!

JustAnEngineer
Gerbil God
Topic Author

Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:45 am

There's plenty of room on the Brady-hating boat. Captain Ned is commanding.
· R7-5800X, Liquid Freezer II 280, RoG Strix X570-E, 64GiB PC4-28800, Suprim Liquid RTX4090, 2TB SX8200Pro +4TB S860 +NAS, Define 7 Compact, Super Flower SF-1000F14TP, S3220DGF +32UD99, FC900R OE, DeathAdder2

VonMarchall
Gerbil In Training

Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:50 am

rogue426 wrote:
VonMarchall wrote:
rogue426 wrote:

Obv Chiefs should destroy but why not chill on hating Brady for going the distance with a consisent 2 win team for decades

I dont hate Brady. I think he's the greatest QB to play the game.
In my opinion, the NFL long ago became an entertainment league and not a sports league, sort of like WWE .
Brady winning a 7th Super Bowl on a different team other than NE would cement, in my mind , yet another narrative for the pundits of said entertainment league.

Now that I've looked this very well be a bot[/quote]

What I'm a bot?

I see what you're saying and ref tampering with games is pretty rife in NBA and rule changes to help QB's but still hard to help 1 QB over another with rule changes.

guess u d have to accept deflate gate etc as Brady agenda etc unless proof that there is foul play

VonMarchall
Gerbil In Training

Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:09 pm

man that defense. what a game and Brady managed to avoid throwing a pick this time.

turf toe must be a lot worse than i thought

cphite
Graphmaster Gerbil

Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:41 pm

VonMarchall wrote:
man that defense. what a game and Brady managed to avoid throwing a pick this time.

turf toe must be a lot worse than i thought

I really like Mahomes and I think he has a great future, but honestly - he should have been pulled before half time. He was definitely off his game. Not just physically, mentally too... He was not getting the ball out fast enough, and he was slow in the pocket. It's true that there were some really bad dropped passes on the part of receivers, but even a few of those can be attributed to timing issues - they were expecting the bell sooner in their route and he wasn't delivering.

For their part, the Bucs defense did a great job - they knew he would have trouble running and they took full advantage.

Buub
Maximum Gerbil

Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:31 am

It wasn't just Mahomes. He was doing everything he could to extend plays. Frankly, his O-Line was trash in this game. He was running for his life almost the entire game, trying to make something work. They had one guy out with an injury, but that shouldn't have resulted in that big a collapse. They have work to do on the O-Line in the offseason.