Gerbil

Re: NHL playoffs

Sun May 25, 2008 10:03 am

Thanks for the signature.

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Mon May 26, 2008 10:11 pm

Wooo keep the sweep and the shutout going ozzy!

FroBozz_Inc
Darth Gerbil

Tue May 27, 2008 7:49 am

Thanks Pete!

Wow, The Wings are looking more dominant then I thought they would. They are totally in the zone.

Osgood for the Conn Smythe! Fillpulla's (sp?) goal was highlight reel worthy. That was awesome seeing Datsytuk go berserk and throwing punches like a madman when Hank was run against the boards. It sure appears that Wings can turn off the Pens vaunted offense like a lightswitch! Amazing.

I think both Franzen and Osgood did some pretty good acting (dives) on the ice last night too. The Pen's coach was livid.

Next stop: The Igloo. If things keep going like this it will be interesting to watch the lopsided playcalling.

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Tue May 27, 2008 8:14 am

Hell yes Pavel was dropping Bombs on Gary "Skeletor" roberts last night, and they were deserved. I know Osgood embellished it, it's plain to see, but you DO NOT touch another goaltender. There was NO reason for him to be anywhere near him. I fully expect Terrien to dress George "Can't skate, will punch" Laroque for tomorrow's spillover. I hope McCarty drops his ass.

So to review:

Defense: Owned.
Offense: Owned.
Speed: Pens have a CLEAR advantage here, why won't they use it? Oh yeah, Neutral Ice: OWNED.
Goaltending: Owned.

Screw hubris, the wings are dominating this series. Has a team ever swept the finals without allowing a goal?

idchafee
His Holy Gerbilness

Tue May 27, 2008 8:39 am

As someone who dislikes the Red Wings and doesn't care about the Penguins, all I wanted was a good series.

This has not been a good series so far.
YOU CAN RUPTURE SOMEONE'S SPLEEN WITH A WATER BALLOON!!!!

FroBozz_Inc
Darth Gerbil

Tue May 27, 2008 9:15 am

pete_roth wrote:
Screw hubris, the wings are dominating this series. Has a team ever swept the finals without allowing a goal?

They showed those stats for just a sec last night. No it has never happened. In one playof series (don't remember if it said finals or not) a team got 3 shutouts - Maple Leafs I think a long time ago. A few times (now including Osgood) teams got 2 shutouts in a series.

UberGerbil
Grand Admiral Gerbil

Tue May 27, 2008 10:04 am

I wandered into a university district bar with about 10 minutes to go in the third period. There was a small knot of hockey fans watching the game in the back and I walked past in time to hear one Penguins fan say "I've given up on the series, ok? I don't even care if they win a game. I just want a goal. Just one goal."
Last edited by UberGerbil on Wed May 28, 2008 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zgirl
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Wed May 28, 2008 1:50 pm

idchafee wrote:
As someone who dislikes the Red Wings and doesn't care about the Penguins, all I wanted was a good series.

This has not been a good series so far.

That all depends on your point of view. There is nothing wrong with this series at all.
"I used to think the brain was the most amazing organ in the entire body. Then I realized who was telling me this."
If ignorance were painful, half the posters here would be on morphine drips.

FroBozz_Inc
Darth Gerbil

Wed May 28, 2008 2:01 pm

If by "good", he means, "close" - then this has been a "bad" series by far.

I seriously think we will see some intent to injure tonight (by the Pens, like the elbow to the head of Franzen).

Also, I think Malkin must have some sort of significant injury.

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Wed May 28, 2008 2:55 pm

Malkin has been a ghost this series. I can't recall ever seeing him touch the puck. I did see kronwall lay his ass out though. Let Laroque or Roberts or anyone else goon it up. Datsyuk handed Roberts his hat the other night, THAT I like. You kidding me? A defensive forward (Selke candidate!) that can score, play D, and out goon you? Nice.

FroBozz_Inc
Darth Gerbil

Thu May 29, 2008 8:29 am

Well, not the outcome I would have liked - but it was the most entertaining game so far.
Sure enough, the Pens did their best to beat on the Wings every chance they had.
But if we win the next one, now we can clinch the cup @ home 8)

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Thu May 29, 2008 8:46 am

I feel the same way. I wasn't happy with the refs. They let some really bad stuff go like the staal high stick and the Gill pitchforking, but they called Malkin for a weak obstruction later. Bah. I feel the same way, rather win the cup on home ice. I think the Wings looked flat through 1.5 but really turned it on too late. 16-5 last period shots. I really felt they were going to take this last night, the pens played most of the third period on their heels. I think now that the nerves of playing away are gone, the wings will beat them up pretty good.

1) Dress Chelios, Lilja is terrible. I'd rather have the big old guy that plays mistake free than the fast dumbass.
2) Let Maltby **** someone up, please?
3) Kronwall - we need you to make those open-ice hits, make them scared to take the blue line!

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:19 am

I still say Lilja is a huge liability out there, he turns the puck over all the time and never gets back. Glad to see the Redwings win a very hard game and take a 3-1 back to the Joe for what I hope will be a cup clinching game 5. I liked McCarty's energy and positioning all night, he took a HUGE hit from Gary Roberts and instead of dusting it up, he skated hard back into the play. Good on you. It's nice to see the "little" guys score too, Hudler worked hard down low on a small cycle for that and managed to chip an innocent looking play in the net. The Penguins are REALLY good at staying in the shooting lanes and forcing outside shots so I am really surprised to see Lidstrom score from the point nearly untouched, if at all. Great game!

LETS GO WINGS!

Dizik
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:50 pm

Holy ****! What an amazing game!
Heavy is good, heavy is reliable. If it doesn't work, you can always hit them with it.

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:54 pm

Those refs need fired. The Hudler call was the only **** thing they got right. They completely blew obstruction after obstruction on the wings and gave the pens a hgue advantage. I'm surprised they didn't call Goalie interference on Hudler instead of high sticking. **** cocksuckers.

Pissed doesn't begin to describe how I felt going into the first overtime. This is rage. I have to be up in 4 hours.

UberGerbil
Grand Admiral Gerbil

Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:03 am

That was a fantastic game (well, for everybody except Pete_Roth and a few other cranky people around Detroit). The best part is, now there will be another one.

Dizik
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:28 am

Heavy is good, heavy is reliable. If it doesn't work, you can always hit them with it.

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:44 am

Just look at the penalty statistics over the course of the games and tell me there isn't favortism. Last night was no different. The high stick was not my issue, that was a good call. But the Pens spent a lot more time on the powerplay for the same stuff the redwings never got calls for. IN DETROIT for Christ sake. I hope we win the cup on Pittsburgh ice now.

zgirl
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:25 am

I am not upset about the OT and the crappy penalties that were called.

Nope. Not at all. OT is like that and sometimes that is how the puck bounces.

What I AM pissed about was the **** lazy ass clearing attempt by Franzen with 30+ seconds left.

YOU DO NOT BANK IT OFF THE BOARDS DEEP IN YOUR OWN ZONE WITH NO ONE AROUND!!!!!!!!

Seriously carry that puck as far as you can to the blue line then do something.

It came back right to a pen and allowed them to keep pressure in the zone. Time is your ally here make them take it from you. The worst thing you can do is let the other team get possession too easily. Even if you are scrumming along the boards with it. THAT KILLS TIME!!! Which they don't have.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

This game should have ended in regulation. There was no reason for the OT. And thus, that is what I am pissed about.
"I used to think the brain was the most amazing organ in the entire body. Then I realized who was telling me this."

FroBozz_Inc
Darth Gerbil

Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:29 am

Trip guys with your sticks all night long, just don't dare lightly brush up against any goalies! :x

BKA
Gerbil XP

Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:45 am

I thought it was a good and entertaining game last night. I agree the tying goal in regulation should have never happened. I'm just upset that I stayed up so late and the Wings didn't get the victory. And I didn't get to run outside in my Red Wing pajamas to celebrate. :lol:

zgirl
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:54 am

I will agree it was a fantastic game to watch overall. No argument there. But to come back own the pens like they did in the third and blow it like that with 30 seconds left sucks.

UberGerbil
Grand Admiral Gerbil

Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:25 am

The shots on goal differential was tremendous. I'm amazed the score wasn't more lopsided. For all the time Detroit spent killing penalties, the Penguins certainly couldn't get anything going. Half the time it looked like Detroit was the one with the man advantage. Very impressive. But man, were both teams tired by the end. I think I could've kept up with them skating around by the end of that last overtime.

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:33 am

Every time I get up from my cube, I come back and it's plastered with Penguins stuff. Posters, stickers, whatever. I am now getting inner-office mail with calvin pissing on the redwings logo.

I can't wait to see all 20,000+ red eyes tonight. This is going to be a heart-breaker for them.

FroBozz_Inc
Darth Gerbil

Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:53 am

pete_roth wrote:
Every time I get up from my cube, I come back and it's plastered with Penguins stuff. Posters, stickers, whatever. I am now getting inner-office mail with calvin pissing on the redwings logo.

Man, that's funny. :lol:

It's going to be a HARD FOUGHT game tonight for sure. I cannot wait!!!!

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:41 am

Just call me Petr Sykora: I guarantee a wings win tonight. And tomorrow I will be draped in my wings flag and, well, just wait until casual friday rolls around. So owned.

Dizik
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:23 am

Pete, it still boggles my mind that you bleed black and gold for the Steelers, but not the Penguins. For shame.

Dizik
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:47 pm

Man, that was a good game. I'm surprised at the lack of penalties this game on both sides of the ice. Detroit, without a doubt, out-skated Pittsburgh and played smart. I can't believe how many passes the Penguins missed, and their lack of taking a shot on the goal are definitely contributing factors to their loss. Congrats Detroit, you earned it.

ghstbstr65
Gerbil

Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:50 pm

Whooo!!!!! Go Red Wings! It would have been cool to win it at home, but a win is a win.. That makes 11.

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:01 pm

VICTORY!!!!!