Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Captain Ned

lex-ington
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
Topic Author

NFL Superbowl XLIV - Week 13

Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:20 am

It's that time of week again . . . . . . Football pick-'em time!!!!!!

Five more weeks people - just FIVE MORE WEEKS!!!

Thursday
NYJ @ Buffalo - I must be smoking something already.

Sunday
Philly @ Atlanta - How many injuries has atlant racked up? see . . .even the name atlanta is injured.
Tampa Bay @ Carolina - We'll see who gets Tim Tebow.
St. Louis @ Chicago - with the way the Bear's D is playing right now, I can't call this an upset.
Detroit @ Cinci
Tennessee @ Indy - Oilers may be hot . . .but not that hot.
Houston @ Jacksonville - This may be a run-off/shoot-out.
Denver @ Kansas City
New England @ MIami - I would say the Patriots would like to exact some vengance, but Miami could well win this.
Oakland @ Pittsburgh
New Orleans @ Washington - My upset pick of the week.
San Diego @ Cleveland - BUT . . . . . it's supposed to be cold this weekend!!!
Dallas @ NYG
San Fran @ Seattle - still boring
Minnesota @ Arizona

Monday
Baltimore @ Green Bay - IT IS COLD IN GB!!!!!!!!!
. . . this is the digital projection of your mental self. . . .

Obsidian
Gerbil Elite

Re: NFL Superbowl XLIV - Week 13

Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:19 pm

Thursday
NYJ @ Buffalo - Who cares no one's going to watch this

Sunday
Philly @ Atlanta - Battle of the birds! Mcnabb is gonna go buck wild on them Falcons.
Tampa Bay @ Carolina - Anybody could get Tebow, Lex. He's lucky if he gets picked in the second round.
St. Louis @ Chicago - The Rams aren't good enough to pick Cutler off.
Detroit @ Cinci - Really, do you even have to ask?
Tennessee @ Indy - LETS GO VINCE YOUNG!
Houston @ Jacksonville - I don't know how the Jaguars are over .500. MJD has slowed down a bit lately so I don't even think this will be a game.
Denver @ Kansas City - Denver is going to shut them down and ESPN is going to rave about how the Broncos are back until they actually face a good team.
New England @ Miami - Ricky Williams will keep it close but without Ronnie Brown or Chan Pennington the Dolphins are screwed this year.
Oakland @ Pittsburgh - Oakland has made a habit of making good teams play horribly. I wouldn't bet on it though.
New Orleans @ Washington - Washington's defense is playing great, but so are the Saints.
San Diego @ Cleveland - Rivers is gonna throw for 4 TD's, LT is going for 100 yards, and my friend is going to get way too cocky.
Dallas @ NYG - The Giants can't get anything going anymore, the Saints broke them.
San Fran @ Seattle - Lets see Singletary get his defense on track and Gore break the Seahawks.
Minnesota @ Arizona Without Warner and Boldin at 110% the Cardinals don't stand a chance.

Monday
Baltimore @ Green Bay - It should be snowing Monday but I don't think that will bother the Ravens too much.
Last edited by Obsidian on Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Intel [email protected] w/ Xigmatek HDT-S1283|Sapphire HD 4850 512MB|G.Skill Pi Black 4GB DDR2 800|Gigabyte EP45-DS3L|WD SE16 640GB|Antec Neo Power 500|Antec Nine Hundred|Dell S2209W|Logitech G9|Sidewinder X6|Razer Exactmat|Klipsch ProMedia 2.1|Windows 7 64

MixedPower
Gerbil Elite

Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:46 pm

Thursday
Jets @ Buffalo

Sunday
Philadelphia @ Atlanta
Tampa Bay @ Carolina
St. Louis @ Chicago
Detroit @ Cincinnati
Tennessee @ Indianapolis
Houston @ Jacksonville
Denver @ Kansas City
New England @ Miami
Oakland @ Pittsburgh
New Orleans @ Washington
San Diego @ Cleveland
Dallas @ Giants
San Francisco @ Seattle
Minnesota @ Arizona

Monday
Baltimore @ Green Bay
i5 4690K | Sabertooth Z97 Mk2 | 8GB DDR3 1600 | GTX 970 | 500GB 840 Evo + 500GB Spinpoint F3 | Xonar DSX | SS-660XP2 | Heligon | FT05 | U2413 + 2209WA | Corsair K90 | Logitech G502 | ProMedia 2.1 | Win 10 Pro x64

Grape Flavor
Gerbil Team Leader

Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:33 pm

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/gameTrax?g ... 0091206023

Well, that's it then.

I'm not particularly upset this time because it is now abundantly clear that this football team does not deserve the playoffs. 3 long consecutive passing drives by the Raiders resulting in touchdowns. This is the 32nd ranked passing attack in the league and the Steelers can't stop ****, blowing play after play. Can't hold on to a piece of cake game-winning interception either.

So even if they made the playoffs I have no illusions about what would happen if you put this abysmal, F-minus 4Q defense against Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, or Philip Rivers. The Steelers are not an elite football team. By several measurements they are in fact a terrible football team. These are the facts, and I am accepting them.

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:41 pm

Another decent showing by the offense, another 4th quarter blown by the defenseless defense. The truth is that we haven't had a secondary in years but people are only now just exploiting it. Troy is great, and it shows how bad we play without him.

SpotTheCat
Gerbilus Supremus

Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:42 am

WTFvikings.

IAmGhostDog
Gerbil Elite

Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:17 am

SpotTheCat wrote:
WTFvikings.

Cards played like the team that went to the Super Bowl.
Offensive line did not give up a sack.
Peterson held to 19 yards.
All in all a pretty good game plan by the Cards.
Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | AMD FX8350 Black Edition | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | Corsair XMS3 16GB DDR3 | XFX R9 390 | Win7 x64
HT Omega Claro | Technics SL-1210 MKll w/ Stanton 681EEE MKlll | Klipsch Promedia v4.1 | Sennheiser HD 580 Precision

idchafee
His Holy Gerbilness

Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:48 am

IAmGhostDog wrote:
Peterson held to 19 yards.

I have AP in my offline league. Needed a win to make the playoffs. Way to come up big, Adrian. Thanks.

/me crosses fingers that Mason Crosby & the Packer D steps up tonight.
YOU CAN RUPTURE SOMEONE'S SPLEEN WITH A WATER BALLOON!!!!

Grape Flavor
Gerbil Team Leader

Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:37 pm

steelcity_ballin wrote:
Another decent showing by the offense, another 4th quarter blown by the defenseless defense. The truth is that we haven't had a secondary in years but people are only now just exploiting it. Troy is great, and it shows how bad we play without him.

Well hey, Mike Tomlin's kicking ass and taking names: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/1048 ... -lose-jobs We'll see how this turns out.

IAmGhostDog wrote:
Cards played like the team that went to the Super Bowl. All in all a pretty good game plan by the Cards.

That's great that at least one of us is playing like a Super Bowl contender. If the Steelers don't make the playoffs I have no problem with the Cards finally getting a Super Bowl win. Actually I don't really care who wins, as long as it's not the Patriots. Please, god, for the love of all that is holy, not the Patriots.

Grape Flavor
Gerbil Team Leader

Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:39 pm

idchafee wrote:

I have AP in my offline league. Needed a win to make the playoffs. Way to come up big, Adrian. Thanks.

/me crosses fingers that Mason Crosby & the Packer D steps up tonight.

Hey, I'm curious, what's it like being a Packer fan in Chicago? Anyone slash your tires yet? :lol:

idchafee
His Holy Gerbilness

Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:07 pm

Grape Flavor wrote:
Hey, I'm curious, what's it like being a Packer fan in Chicago? Anyone slash your tires yet? :lol:

I take my share of (usually) good natured crap, but OTOH I'm not one of those loud obnoxious in your face Packer fans either.

idchafee
His Holy Gerbilness

Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:43 pm

sitting here watching Packers/Ravens, I'm thinking we could use some more penalty flags. I haven't seen anywhere near enough of of the referees

druidcent
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:23 pm

Argh.. stupid Crosby... I got dinged for him missing a 39 yards, and lost a match up in my office league by .5 :( Here's to adjustments improving my score..