Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Kevin

Kevin
Administrator
Topic Author

Reorg in progress

Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:05 pm

Just wanted to let all the current forum browsers know that things are going to be a little bumpy for the next hour or so. I'm starting to shuffle the forums as per the reorg thread. This shouldn't cause any problems. If you encounter any, feel free to drop me a note.

Thanks,

Kevin
Last edited by Kevin on Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kevin
Administrator
Topic Author

Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:35 pm

Also, I should point out that over the next few days to a week, the moderators and I will be moving threads in large numbers to new forums. We won't be going through every forum, of course, but we'd like to clean out the first page of each forum and put things in their proper place. Mainly, this means that all the recent "help me build a system" or "what part should I buy" threads will be moved to the new System Builder's forum.

So if you can't find a post or a thread that you were participating in, check around the new forums, search for your previous posts, or ask a moderator for help. No threads will be deleted and no posts will be lost.

Kevin

Usacomp2k3
Gerbil God

Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:55 pm

I assume you made a backup? Just out of curiousity, how big was it? I've always wonderd.

bhtooefr
Lord High Gerbil

Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:27 am

You should have left the locked Matrox Niche up for a while as a novelty...

I got a screenshot of it on the front page (it's linked in the Farewell thread), but didn't get in it in time.

(FWIW, I did get in the System Builder's forum before it was unlocked, so I know there WAS something interesting in the Matrox Niche - just the idea that it's locked, and stuff can't be put in.)

So, did anybody get a screenshot of the inside of the empty Niche for posterity?

Alex
Maximum Gerbil

Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:40 am

bhtooefr wrote:
So, did anybody get a screenshot of the inside of the empty Niche for posterity?

Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

bhtooefr
Lord High Gerbil

Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:43 am

Hmm... then how was I able to look in the System Builder's forum, which was most definitely locked?

Also, nice ninja edit, there, Alex. I've still got the ImageShack link in my history, though.

Alex
Maximum Gerbil

Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:52 am

bhtooefr wrote:
Hmm... then how was I able to look in the System Builder's forum, which was most definitely locked?

Also, nice ninja edit, there, Alex. I've still got the ImageShack link in my history, though.

Not sure about the locked forum thing...

Don't worry about searching through your history, it's posted above. :wink:

Kevin
Administrator
Topic Author

Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:10 am

The worst of the reorg is over. There are a few forums that I still want to work on (the monitor/photo type forums, mainly). Also note that this certainly isn't set in stone and we'll definitely be looking at this again in a few months to gauge traffic levels in the forums.

I'll be leaving all these threads on the reorg unlocked here in the announcements forum so please, feel free to add comments at any time. So take some time, look around the layout and see how it feels.
Being right doesn't matter if no one listens.