Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Kevin

Kevin
Administrator
Topic Author

Forum reorganization in progress

Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:03 pm

You may have noticed a few differences in the forums. I'm in the process of doing the reorganization as discussed here. This shouldn't cause any problems. If you encounter any, feel free to drop a note in this thread.

If you are having trouble finding threads as they get moved, this is where things are going:

All threads from AMD, Intel, SMP, and Processor Technology are going into the new Processors forum.

All threads from ATI, NVIDIA, and Graphics Technology are going into the new Graphics forum.

Once those steps are completed, two new forums will be created: Motherboards and the Visual Haven. Recent threads in other forums that would normally belong in those forums will be moved so that they won't start off completely empty.

This process will leave a number of threads in Processors and Graphics that normally wouldn't belong. However, in the interest of time and workload, we aren't going to be sorting through the thousands of threads and putting them in the proper place. I'm not that OCD...but, if in the course of a thread resurrection, mods will have the option of moving the thread.

If after all of this, you are still having problems finding a specific thread in one of the deleted forums, post here and I'm sure you'll find lots of help from the resident search master gerbils.

Thanks,

Kevin

Dposcorp
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:05 pm

GO KEVIN GO!!!!!!!

Sounds good, and I'll keep checking back.

Lets hear it for the soon to be lean and mean TR Forums!

Kevin
Administrator
Topic Author

Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:28 pm

I'm done deleting and creating forums so now it's just time to move threads.

I'm also going to snag any threads on the first page of the General Hardware forum that would be more appropriate in a more specific forum. Obviously, with the large amount of threads to be moved, we won't be posting a note in the threads saying that they've been moved. Hopefully the "shadow topics" will be left in the original forums (this is where you'll see "Moved: thread title" in the thread list).

I'll be taking a break for lunch soon and the two new forums will probably remain locked while I'm gone.
Being right doesn't matter if no one listens.

PRIME1
Darth Gerbil

Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:49 pm

Can I be the moderator of the newly created adult section?

:wink:

Good luck with your work today.
"Give me a scotch. I'm starving" ~ Tony Stark

king_kilr
Maximum Gerbil

Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:11 pm

Sounds awesome, I can't wait. Now it's time to excited about PHPbb3 :D
Damn the torpedoes , full speed ahead.

AMD X2 4200+, Asus A8N-E, 3GBs of RAM, 7900GS