Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Kevin

krazyredboy
Gerbil Elite

Re: The blue TR Forum theme is live

Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:46 am

Oh, the blue makes me feel all warm and fuzzy again. Thank you so much.

Hance
Darth Gerbil

Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:27 pm

OK did I screw something up or is the blue theme broke with opera all at once. I am using Opera 9.26 and all at once instead of having white text on blue i have black text on blue :-? I have tried logging out and back in again, changing to brown then back to blue etc and nothing helps. Opera is doing this on three different computers they all show black text on a blue background. IE shows white text on blue just like it should be. On top of that when I type a message it shows up as white on blue but when it is posted it is black on blue. Quotes in a post show up as white on blue but the body of the post itself shows up black on blue :-?

MaxTheLimit
Gerbil Jedi

Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:44 pm

Thank you for the blue again. Th e colour of the new threads is much easier to see. I wonder if it's possible to make it the default colour as most people seem to like it more...I say most, but there are some that seem to like that icky gray brown colour.

Cyril
Gerbil First Class
Topic Author

Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:40 pm

Hance wrote:
OK did I screw something up or is the blue theme broke with opera all at once. I am using Opera 9.26 and all at once instead of having white text on blue i have black text on blue :-? ?

Looks like there was indeed a bug with Opera. Should be fixed now.

Usacomp2k3
Gerbil God

Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:42 pm

MaxTheLimit wrote:
Thank you for the blue again. Th e colour of the new threads is much easier to see. I wonder if it's possible to make it the default colour as most people seem to like it more...I say most, but there are some that seem to like that icky gray brown colour.

I'd assume that the tan default forum color is to match the tan default front-page color.

Cyril
Gerbil First Class
Topic Author

Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:01 pm

Usacomp2k3 wrote:
MaxTheLimit wrote:

I'd assume that the tan default forum color is to match the tan default front-page color.

Right. The beige and blue forum themes are meant to reflect the beige and blue looks for the front page. That's also why we have no plans to resurrect the subSilver and subSky themes right now.

MaxTheLimit
Gerbil Jedi

Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:16 pm

Usacomp2k3 wrote:

Which brings me quite nicely into my next request...

Hance
Darth Gerbil

Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:17 pm

Cyril wrote:
Hance wrote:
OK did I screw something up or is the blue theme broke with opera all at once. I am using Opera 9.26 and all at once instead of having white text on blue i have black text on blue :-? ?

Looks like there was indeed a bug with Opera. Should be fixed now.

Cool I wants going crazy after all :lol:

Cyril
Gerbil First Class
Topic Author

Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:51 pm

Usacomp2k3 wrote:
It is good because they seriously look the same to me. I really like the proposed icons. That'd be amazing.

Thanks so much for all the hard work!

OK, it only took three months, but I finally made the red icons orange. The change should be effective in both beige and blue forum styles, you'll wanna force a refresh if it doesn't show up.

Flying Fox
Gerbil God

Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:59 pm

Cyril wrote:
Usacomp2k3 wrote:
It is good because they seriously look the same to me. I really like the proposed icons. That'd be amazing.

OK, it only took three months, but I finally made the red icons orange. The change should be effective in both beige and blue forum styles, you'll wanna force a refresh if it doesn't show up.

OMG orange! :o It'll take some time to get used to but I guess for the sake of our fellow gerbils who may have trouble with red, I will adapt! :D
The Model M is not for the faint of heart. You either like them or hate them.

Gerbils unite! Fold for UnitedGerbilNation, team 2630.

UberGerbil
Grand Admiral Gerbil

Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:39 pm

Something that has been bothering me lately: I wish there was some way to jump from one news post to the next with the comments expanded. Even if it was just "<previous news post" and "next news post >" links in each one. I find that while I only want to read the post once, I often need to go back and go through a bunch of posts to review the comments (particularly the comments in reply to my comments). Right now I have to go through the news page, drill down into each one, and then back up (which isn't just one "back" -- it's as many as the comments I've added) and repeat. It's a small thing, but it's annoying. Unless there's some trick I've been missing. I suppose I could start at the news page and open each of them in its own tab, then go from one to the next, but... bah.

Captain Ned
Global Moderator

Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:21 pm

Cyril wrote:

Thanks Cyril. The orange really pops out compared to the red on cheapo 6-bit TN laptop panels.
What we have today is way too much pluribus and not enough unum.

Usacomp2k3
Gerbil God

Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:50 pm

W00t. Thanks so much! It's so much easier to read!

FireGryphon
Darth Gerbil

Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:37 pm

I want silver back. :cry:

Cyril wrote:
Usacomp2k3 wrote:

I didn't even notice the red, and I probably wouldn't have noticed the orange unless you pointed it out. Still, orange is always cool.

UberGerbil wrote:
Something that has been bothering me lately: I wish there was some way to jump from one news post to the next with the comments expanded. Even if it was just "<previous news post" and "next news post >" links in each one. I find that while I only want to read the post once, I often need to go back and go through a bunch of posts to review the comments (particularly the comments in reply to my comments). Right now I have to go through the news page, drill down into each one, and then back up (which isn't just one "back" -- it's as many as the comments I've added) and repeat. It's a small thing, but it's annoying. Unless there's some trick I've been missing. I suppose I could start at the news page and open each of them in its own tab, then go from one to the next, but... bah.

Perhaps they could implement a drop-down menu to navigate news posts similar to how we can jump pages in feature articles. The drop-down menu could list the last two or three days' posts.
Sheep Rustlers in the sky! <S> Slapt | <S> FUI | Air Warrior II/III

grynnan
Gerbil In Training

Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:13 am

Dposcorp wrote:
I went to it, but for some reason I missed the beige so I went back to prosilver.
Am I the only one?

No you're not.

flip-mode
Grand Admiral Gerbil

Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:47 am

Do I exist in an alternate dimension? I've been using the "blue theme" for months. Seriously. What gives?

Captain Ned
Global Moderator

Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:49 am

flip-mode wrote:
Do I exist in an alternate dimension? I've been using the "blue theme" for months. Seriously. What gives?

Nothing but a 3-year necro.
What we have today is way too much pluribus and not enough unum.

JustAnEngineer
Gerbil God

Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:55 am

To change the forums to the blue theme: Click on Image User Control Panel near the top of the forum page. Select the Board Preferences tab. Edit global settings should be selected. The 8th option is "My board style." Use the drop down arrow to change tr_prosilver to tr_prosilver_blue. Click on the "Submit" button.
· R7-5800X, Liquid Freezer II 280, RoG Strix X570-E, 64GiB PC4-28800, Suprim Liquid RTX4090, 2TB SX8200Pro +4TB S860 +NAS, Define 7 Compact, Super Flower SF-1000F14TP, S3220DGF +32UD99, FC900R OE, DeathAdder2

Da_Boss
Gerbil Team Leader

Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:56 am

Thanks guys! I'm doing some serious office happy dancing right now..

Just saying. It's the little things.
2011 15" MacBook Pro Ci7 2GHz, 8GB DDR3-1066, Intel 510 256GB SSD

Corrado
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:27 am

Looks awesome. Now get back to work on the wide theme for the main page! Kthx.

yogibbear
Gerbil Elite

Thu May 05, 2011 4:09 pm

How come the front page forum links make me go to a scary evil eye straining "White" forum when I'm in "Blue" mode and logged in. :( It's annoying me.
Core i7 4770K | eVGA GTX1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | 16GB DDR3 2133mhz | Asus Z87-PLUS | Corsair HX650 | Fractal Define R4 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Windows 10 x64

SuperSpy
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Fri May 06, 2011 9:53 am

yogibbear wrote:
How come the front page forum links make me go to a scary evil eye straining "White" forum when I'm in "Blue" mode and logged in. :( It's annoying me.

You probably have http://www.techreport.com/forums/ as your forum bookmark, and the links on the main page point to http://techreport.com/forums/

The addition/lack of 'www' typically breaks login/session cookies.
Desktop: i7-4790K @4.8 GHz | 32 GB | EVGA Gefore 1060 | Windows 10 x64
Laptop: MacBook Pro 2017 2.9GHz | 16 GB | Radeon Pro 560