Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, JustAnEngineer

whm1974
Emperor Gerbilius I
Topic Author

A new System Guide? What happen to this Guide?

Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:27 pm

For years I depended on the Tech Report's System Guide every six months(I think) or so to keep track of what is current in building Systems. In fact I built my current system around using the video on building one. Very helpful.

So will their be an update?

Captain Ned
Global Moderator

Re: A new System Guide? What happen to this Guide?

Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:34 pm

Highly unlikely.
What we have today is way too much pluribus and not enough unum.

whm1974
Emperor Gerbilius I
Topic Author

Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:13 pm

Bummer... I sure hope things get better in the future...

Chalesboon
Gerbil

Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:52 am

whm1974 wrote:
For years I depended on the Tech Report's System Guide every six months(I think) or so to keep track of what is current in building Systems. In fact I built my current system around using the video on building one. Very helpful.

So will their be an update?

Absolutely rightly said, everyone, likes techreport.com Everyone gets good and correct information here, by keeping patience and getting information, it sometimes comes in handy.

frybread
Gerbil

Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:28 pm

I loved TR's system build guides. They were detailed and always looked to the future, helping me buy PCs that had good upgrade paths.

I'm sad to find that they've stopped being published, but I want to thank everyone who worked on them throughout the years as you saved me money and educated at the same time.

If anyone knows a site that puts half as much effort into build guides, let me know.

Flying Fox
Gerbil God

Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:29 am

frybread wrote:
I loved TR's system build guides. They were detailed and always looked to the future, helping me buy PCs that had good upgrade paths.

I'm sad to find that they've stopped being published, but I want to thank everyone who worked on them throughout the years as you saved me money and educated at the same time.

If anyone knows a site that puts half as much effort into build guides, let me know.

JAE mentioned one.

Of course, you can always ask here in a thread and some still read the forums to help.
The Model M is not for the faint of heart. You either like them or hate them.

Gerbils unite! Fold for UnitedGerbilNation, team 2630.