Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, JustAnEngineer

southrncomfortjm
Gerbil Elite
Topic Author

Help with fans

Mon May 31, 2021 9:51 am

Bought my wife a full setup worth of parts for a Lian Li 011D. She loves the RGB, so I got her 6 Bitpower Notos 120s. Me, being dumb and never read worrying about aesthetics (I have an all black Corsair Carbide 500R from years ago), never considered that RGB fans would be one direction only, as long as you want to keep the nicer side facing into your case.

In the 011D, I want to set it up so the side and bottom fans are intake. Can't do that nicely with the Bitpower Notos as they exhaust then the RGB wide is facing inwards. It seems dumb to me that the case will exhaust out the bottom.

So, generally, what do I do? Are there any reversible fans that look the same either exhausting or pulling? I generally prefer to have air flowing in from the front and bottom, and then out through the back and top with positive pressure. Seems like the best way to move air.

Is there any way to have a unified look to a build, with all the same fans and have it actually have good airflow? Or do all those RGB builds have terrie airflow?

Thanks!

JustAnEngineer
Gerbil God

Re: Help with fans

Mon May 31, 2021 8:46 pm

The translucent fan blades should glow with color when viewed from either side. Orientation may matter more for fans with halo lights on the frame rather than ones that illuminate the blades.
· R7-5800X, Liquid Freezer II 280, RoG Strix X570-E, 64GiB PC4-28800, Suprim Liquid RTX4090, 2TB SX8200Pro +4TB S860 +NAS, Define 7 Compact, Super Flower SF-1000F14TP, S3220DGF +32UD99, FC900R OE, DeathAdder2