Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, JustAnEngineer

Headloser
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

Boxing sale or This sale?

Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:05 pm

Hi there,
I trying to build a computer system that can play well.
I am limited to $300 CDN dollars right now. I got a case and power supply so that not the problem.
I saw this sale on www.memoryexpress.com:
Core i3 2100 Processor Bundle w/ Asus P8H61-M LE/CSM Motherboard for $149.99 CND dollars.
Even though the motherboard a basic level it still good i hope.
Should i get this sale or should i wait until Boxing day Sale come around? what you think?

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Re: Boxing sale or This sale?

Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:04 pm

without knowing what's coming Boxing day, that's a pretty good price. The CPU by itself is generally $130 so you're paying $20 for a motherboard. That's a pretty good deal. That leaves you with $150 - do you have drives as well as your case? What about memory? 2x2GB is cheap - $23 CDN for this Mushkin set. A Radeon 6770 would get you good performance graphically and leave you another $20 leftover.

Unfortunately I don't think you'll be able to do it if you don't already have a hard drive you can use at the very least - a DVD drive is optional if you have another system that can make the bootable USB flash drive to install Windows.
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.
Twittering away the day at @TVsBen