Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Hoser

just brew it!
Administrator
Topic Author

Logitech M325 cordless mouse $12.99 + tax

Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:53 pm

Selected colors of the Logitech M325 cordless mouse are on sale for $12.99 + tax at staples.com. They will ship it free to your local Staples store for pickup (this works well for me since there's one on my way home from work). This is a pretty nice cordless mouse with a micro-step scroll wheel and wheel tilt switches (I already own two of them).

The ones on sale are:
http://www.staples.com/Logitech-Wireles ... uct_221264
http://www.staples.com/Logitech-Wireles ... uct_229908
http://www.staples.com/Logitech-Wireles ... uct_221263
http://www.staples.com/Logitech-Wireles ... uct_221261
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Flatland_Spider
Graphmaster Gerbil

Re: Logitech M325 cordless mouse $12.99 + tax

Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:46 am

I buy these for the office, any they are solid mice. They are light, smooth, and get a lot of use out of 1 AA battery. They're much, much better then the M525.

just brew it!
Administrator
Topic Author

Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:36 am

Flatland_Spider wrote:
I buy these for the office, any they are solid mice. They are light, smooth, and get a lot of use out of 1 AA battery. They're much, much better then the M525.

Assuming some of your users are OK with the oddball color schemes/designs that are currently on sale, you could stock up and save a bunch of money! :lol:

The M325 is currently my mouse of choice. I've only had two minor issues with mine: 1) the feet may not be quite slick enough depending on your personal preference and the surface you're mousing on; and 2) certain USB KVMs don't get along with the Logitech universal RF receiver (plugging the mouse receiver into one of the KVM's "regular" USB ports instead of the mouse port, or disabling mouse emulation in the KVM fixes this).

superjawes
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:46 am

I like my back/forward buttons on my mice too much to use these, but that is a great price.
On second thought, let's not go to TechReport. It's infested by crypto bull****.

just brew it!
Administrator
Topic Author

Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:55 am

superjawes wrote:
I like my back/forward buttons on my mice too much to use these, but that is a great price.

The default behavior is for the tilt switches on the M325's scroll wheel to act as back/forward. :wink: (And yeah, I agree that once you get accustomed to having back/forward on the mouse you really miss it when you don't have it!)

Flatland_Spider
Graphmaster Gerbil

Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:22 am

just brew it! wrote:
Assuming some of your users are OK with the oddball color schemes/designs that are currently on sale, you could stock up and save a bunch of money! :lol:

The M325 is currently my mouse of choice. I've only had two minor issues with mine: 1) the feet may not be quite slick enough depending on your personal preference and the surface you're mousing on; and 2) certain USB KVMs don't get along with the Logitech universal RF receiver (plugging the mouse receiver into one of the KVM's "regular" USB ports instead of the mouse port, or disabling mouse emulation in the KVM fixes this).

Yeah, I don't buy the psychedelic prints. :D Some of those are wild!

The M325 is much slicker then the M525 on mouse pads. I bought a M525 for home, and it plows on fabric mouse pads. It's also much heavier, so it's chore to push it around. It's better on hard surfaces, but I like resting my wrist on a mouse pad.

The M325 just glides on everything, and it's a much more comfortable shape.

Good tip. I haven't tried a wireless mouse with a KVM.

just brew it!
Administrator
Topic Author

Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:39 am

Flatland_Spider wrote:
The M325 is much slicker then the M525 on mouse pads. I bought a M525 for home, and it plows on fabric mouse pads. It's also much heavier, so it's chore to push it around. It's better on hard surfaces, but I like resting my wrist on a mouse pad.

The M325 just glides on everything, and it's a much more comfortable shape.

Personally I prefer a very slick/smooth mouse feel, so I put Teflon tape over the feet of all of my mice (the M325 included).

Flatland_Spider wrote:
Good tip. I haven't tried a wireless mouse with a KVM.

It seems to be an issue with the "universal" wireless receivers specifically. Most other wireless mice I've used didn't have the KVM issue, and it isn't even consistent between KVMs of the same brand; probably a matter of Logitech and/or the KVM vendors getting their firmware updated to improve compatibility.

I.S.T.
Gerbil XP

Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:28 am

I have one of these, it's a very solid mouse if you just want the basics.