Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Flying Fox, Thresher

shadow83blk
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

Memory4less Lies!!

Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:48 am

Placed an order for memory which was directly quoted through an email from Memory4less.com and they cancelled it 2 weeks later because they could not supply it even though their website listed stock AND the emailed quote also said that they had stock. They offered another brand equal that was also listed on the website as in stock and confirmed by email which I placed an order for. 2 days later I receive an email stating that the memory that I ordered was offshore and it would take a week or two to bring it in and I replied that I can wait. Well, it is 2 weeks later and I again received an email stating that they have cancelled my order because they cannot supply the memory. And to rub salt in the wound, the day after receiving the cancellation notice I received an email notice from memory4less.com that the quote that I placed the order against was about expire and I should place the order ASAP!! Hoe incompetent can one company be!?!?!?! Memory4less.com is now on my company's "Do Not Use" list and we will never get duped again!!! Buy at your own risk, but don't believe anything that they say.

Arvald
Gerbil Elite

Re: Memory4less Lies!!

Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:07 am

not that I think you will be back to read this... I'm guessing you are bouncing around the web posting complaints everywhere.

But... if your order is for a large quantity of a really good deal I can see them cancelling (usually most places reserve the right to limit quantities).
You say you are ordering for a company so I am assuming so.
I've had Dell cancel orders for similar reasons.

They should be completely up front about that.
But since they counter offered another brand sounds like you may just have been ordering too many units for their supply.

Sucks when companies cannot stand behind deals, especially in cases like this.

ludi
Lord High Gerbil

Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:18 am

Evaluate before you shop:

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Memory_4_Less
https://www.bbb.org/sdoc/business-revie ... a-29001251

Looks like nearly everyone has a uniformly positive or uniformly negative experience with this company, which might suggest that they deliver adequately when they have stock but don't manage their inventory very well.
Abacus Model 2.5 | Quad-Row FX with 256 Cherry Red Slider Beads | Applewood Frame | Water Cooling by Brita Filtration

just brew it!
Administrator

Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:21 am

ludi wrote:
Evaluate before you shop:

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Memory_4_Less
https://www.bbb.org/sdoc/business-revie ... a-29001251

Looks like nearly everyone has a uniformly positive or uniformly negative experience with this company, which might suggest that they deliver adequately when they have stock but don't manage their inventory very well.

Looks like a fair number of complaints about their RMA process as well.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Redocbew
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:26 am

Isn't memory4less the place people were buying OEM-only Samsung SSDs before they were officially re-branded for retail? If they make a habit of selling stuff outside of the channels the manufacturer intended, then it makes sense that support and RMA might be a bit awkward.

Aside from that, oversells happen to everyone and it always pisses people off. Setting up real time inventory that doesn't allow for corner cases where overselling can happen is actually a very difficult problem to solve.
Do not meddle in the affairs of archers, for they are subtle and you won't hear them coming.

blahsaysblah
Gerbil Elite

Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:01 pm

You must have gotten a pretty decent quote to wait two weeks. You gambled. Lost. That's what happens.

Puolitwer
Gerbil

Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:50 pm

Thanks for warning us about it. Recently, I was lurking in that website, glad I wan't able to order yet then I saw this post. Very helpful.

curtisb
Gerbil XP

Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:14 pm

It's been years, but I've ordered from Memory4Less before without any problems. That's not to say that things haven't changed...that happens with companies. I'm not going to condemn them just for one person's experience, especially when we don't have the full story. Since he has a single post, this is obviously a drive by complaint.

shadow83blk wrote:
Hoe incompetent can one company be!?!?!?!

Nice. Call someone out for incompetence without proof reading your own statement. :roll:

EDIT: A quick Google search on the username will tell you a little about the character of this individual. I'm not even going to bother posting links...
ASUS MAXIMUS VIII HERO | Intel Core i7-6700 | Zotac GTX 1080 8GB Mini | 2 x Corsair LPX 8GB | WD SN750 Black 500GB | 2 x Crucial MX200 500GB | 2 x WD RED Pro 4TB | Phanteks Eclipse | Seasonic X-850 | 2 x Samsung U28E590