Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Flying Fox, Thresher

ssidbroadcast
Graphmaster Gerbil
Topic Author

Help-ASUS TurboV EVO

Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:39 pm

Uh... Hey guys,

So I started using that TurboV EVO auto-tune feature because Geoff said it was easy. The thing is, something wanky must've happened when I originally installed that program, because I got these cryptic, short warning messages on bootup and also when the program started doing the tuning (when it was too late). Well, it tweaked the multiplier on the CPU but I don't think I'm stable since I've already randomly rebooted once.

Thing is, I can't uninstall the program if I try. Certain files are "locked" and the uninstall just hangs at 34%. So now I have a partially uninstalled program that has kinda screwed with my computer. I found the folder with all the files, but I don't want to just hit "delete" since I figure there's something in the registry. Is there a way to manually uninstall this thing or easily find where it's in the registry so I can re-install?

(Windows7 RC 7100)

Update:

Scratch that. I was somehow able to uninstall the program. When I re-installed, I got the same error message "Can't open AsIO.sys !!(2)" at startup, so even this downloaded version is borked. I haven't had any random restarts (yet) so it's possible that the first one was caused by the EVO when it was auto-tuning.

So now my CPU multiplier is set to 136.3Mhz instead of 133.7 and the voltage got slightly increased. It's hard to know by how much since the Lynnfield throttles itself all the time. The only clue I have is that idle the stock Core voltage was 0.896 V at idle, and now it's 0.904 V at idle.

If you guys think I'll be fine at those settings, then I'll just uninstall this program and live with the slight overclock.
2014 21" iMac w Intel Iris Pro