Personal computing discussed

Moderators: Dposcorp, SpotTheCat

 
OptimumSlinky
Gerbil
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:03 pm

Re: 1440 monitors?

Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:32 pm

paulWTAMU wrote:
Wound up getting a good deal on a Dell Ultrasharp 25" 1440....


I have a Dell UltraSharp 24" 1200, and yes, I think you'll be pleased with your choice.
Intel i7-930 (Bloomfield); Gigabyte X58A-UD5; 12GB DDR3; Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960; Asus Xonar DSX; Corair Force GT 480GB SSD; Western Digital 1TB; Dell UltraSharp 2415; Logitech G303; Logitech G710+; Logitech G430; Corsair Carbide 500R
 
Kretschmer
Gerbil Team Leader
Posts: 290
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:36 am

Re: 1440 monitors?

Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:44 pm

paulWTAMU wrote:
Wound up getting a good deal on a Dell Ultrasharp 25" 1440 from a local shop going out of business (I am a vulture!).

OMG. This is the best monitor I've ever used and I'm mad I didn't buy one sooner.

NOW, to save up and buy a 27" 4k next year and turn this one vertical as a secondary monitor.

4K is meh for gaming for the foreseeable future. I'd see about getting a 27" 1440P 144Hz unit.
 
LostCat
Gerbil Jedi
Posts: 1598
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:18 am
Location: Alphanumeric symbols.

Re: 1440 monitors?

Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:35 pm

Kretschmer wrote:
4K is meh for gaming for the foreseeable future. I'd see about getting a 27" 1440P 144Hz unit.

It depends. I'm definitely planning on going 4K for Scorpio but I still haven't seen a good reason to go above 1440P for PC gaming.
Fedex...for when you really need something to show up as slowly as possible.
 
Kretschmer
Gerbil Team Leader
Posts: 290
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:36 am

Re: 1440 monitors?

Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:10 am

LostCat wrote:
Kretschmer wrote:
4K is meh for gaming for the foreseeable future. I'd see about getting a 27" 1440P 144Hz unit.

It depends. I'm definitely planning on going 4K for Scorpio but I still haven't seen a good reason to go above 1440P for PC gaming.

Wait, people game on non-PC platforms? :)
 
MileageMayVary
Gerbil First Class
Posts: 165
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:18 am
Location: Baltimore

Re: 1440 monitors?

Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:00 am

paulWTAMU wrote:
Wound up getting a good deal on a Dell Ultrasharp 25" 1440 from a local shop going out of business (I am a vulture!).

OMG. This is the best monitor I've ever used and I'm mad I didn't buy one sooner.


I approve :)
Main rig: Ryzen 1600@3.8GHz, R9 290@1050MHz, 16GB 2666MHz, 1440 Dell Ultrasharp.
 
LostCat
Gerbil Jedi
Posts: 1598
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:18 am
Location: Alphanumeric symbols.

Re: 1440 monitors?

Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:03 pm

Kretschmer wrote:
Wait, people game on non-PC platforms? :)

I know plenty of people who would ask the same question about PC platforms.
Fedex...for when you really need something to show up as slowly as possible.
 
Kretschmer
Gerbil Team Leader
Posts: 290
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:36 am

Re: 1440 monitors?

Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:41 pm

LostCat wrote:
Kretschmer wrote:
Wait, people game on non-PC platforms? :)

I know plenty of people who would ask the same question about PC platforms.

Yes, and we all feel terribly sorry for them!
 
DancinJack
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
Posts: 2915
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:21 pm
Location: Kansas

Re: 1440 monitors?

Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:57 pm

1440p+144Hz ftw <3 (IPS ofc) (and gsync ofc)
i7 6700K - Z170 - 16GiB DDR4 - GTX 1080 - 512GB SSD - 256GB SSD - 500GB SSD - 3TB HDD- 27" IPS G-sync - Win10 Pro x64 - Ubuntu/Mint x64 :: 2015 13" rMBP Sierra :: Canon EOS 80D/Sony RX100

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest