Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Dposcorp, SpotTheCat

huck1978
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

Samsung ln40a550p3f No Power and No Standby

Wed May 18, 2016 7:37 pm

I'm hoping someone can help diagnose this issue. I have a Samsung LN40a55p3f LCD tv. When plugged in there is no standby light, and nothing happens when I try to power it on.

I replaced the PCU with a 100% working PCU and nothing changed. A friend suggested that it might be the main board, but I can't figure out why the standby light isn't coming on.

I have done multiple searches for a solution, but I haven't found anything other than a faulty PCU being the issue for no standby light.

Any suggestions from people who have experience with this issue would be great.

Captain Ned
Global Moderator

Re: Samsung ln40a550p3f No Power and No Standby

Thu May 19, 2016 7:16 am

Look in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62360
What we have today is way too much pluribus and not enough unum.

huck1978
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

Mon May 23, 2016 6:01 am

Thanks for the link.

I ended up reading a bunch of the pages on there, but they all seem to lead to faulty capacitors on the PSU. This is definitely not the problem with this TV.

I just can't figure out why the tv is totally dead even though it has a good PSU in it. No standby light, no clicking. Nothing, just dead.

just brew it!
Administrator

Mon May 23, 2016 6:14 am

Is the standby light connected to the mainboard or directly the PSU? If it is connected to the mainboard, it could indeed be that the mainboard is faulty. If it is connected directly to the PSU, then this points to the replacement PSU being bad, a problem with the installation of the PSU, or a faulty power cord. Have you verified that you've got continuity from the power plug all the way to the PSU?
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.