Personal computing discussed

Moderators: Dposcorp, SpotTheCat

chdam
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

Arlo Pro 2 poor night vision quality?

Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:43 am

hi
I have 3 cameras for my house but I am not impressed with night vision quality. Day Light quality is great. Now i am looking same specs wire less IP camera with excellent night vision quality. after google search, i found Wyze Cam V2 and Foscam E1. anyone here have the camera or suggest me better one?

Thanks

Heiwashin
Maximum Gerbil

Re: Arlo Pro 2 poor night vision quality?

Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:41 am

You may just need more infra red light. Depending on the size of the areas changing cameras may not help.
Looking for Knowledge wrote:
When drunk.....
I want to have sex, but find I am more likely to be shot down than when I am sober.

G8torbyte
Gold subscriber
Gerbil First Class

Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:42 am

I use the Arlo-Pro cameras and night vision seems to show about 15 ft out from my house. Like Heiwashin mentioned, adding some extra light may help. I placed a few small solar lights out from it that probabaly added a bit more visibility. Overall I like the wireless system and ability to add an extra USB drive for more recording to the network base station.
Later, -G8tor
Building PCs and gaming since"Chuck Yeager's Air Combat" 1991
Current setups: X99 Command/Control Station and DIY mini-ITX NAS Build

chdam
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:37 am

Heiwashin wrote:
You may just need more infra red light. Depending on the size of the areas changing cameras may not help.

thanks for your suggestion. there are no problem of light around the cameras.

chdam
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:38 am

G8torbyte wrote:
I use the Arlo-Pro cameras and night vision seems to show about 15 ft out from my house. Like Heiwashin mentioned, adding some extra light may help. I placed a few small solar lights out from it that probabaly added a bit more visibility. Overall I like the wireless system and ability to add an extra USB drive for more recording to the network base station.

can you show ma your Arlo pro camera night pictures ?

olegtf
Gerbil

Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:46 am

...well camera has only 12 LEDs so you need external IR illuminators. According to what I can find, it uses cheapest sensors on the market, so don't expect much. (It doesn't even have full 1080p capability) for the price - you got ripped off.

Quote:-"Similar to other IP cameras, the camera module has a IR-CUT filter located between the lens and CMOS image sensor. The CMOS image sensor is also from OmniVision, the model is OV9712, it’s a 1.0 megapixel progressive scan CMOS image sensor comes with 1280x720@30fps video capturing capability. " - end quote

Basically you bought $12-$20 camera for the price of spaceship...

chdam
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:52 am

olegtf wrote:
...well camera has only 12 LEDs so you need external IR illuminators. According to what I can find, it uses cheapest sensors on the market, so don't expect much. (It doesn't even have full 1080p capability) for the price - you got ripped off.

Quote:-"Similar to other IP cameras, the camera module has a IR-CUT filter located between the lens and CMOS image sensor. The CMOS image sensor is also from OmniVision, the model is OV9712, it’s a 1.0 megapixel progressive scan CMOS image sensor comes with 1280x720@30fps video capturing capability. " - end quote

Basically you bought $12-$20 camera for the price of spaceship...

thanks for your suggestion.