Personal computing discussed

Moderators: Dposcorp, SpotTheCat

msimmons
Gerbil In Training

Re: DIY Triple Monitor Stand

Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:26 am

I have built a quad setup based off of your build with slight modifications :)
I didn't take any pictures during as I was too excited to get up & running :p So here are some shots after (don't mind the messy desk). In my setup its actually 3 separate computers. I used black iron mostly because where I grew up (Galveston TX) it is illegal to use so I had never seen it before and thought it looked neat :lol:

I tried with 45's but the angle was too great, so my thoughts are:
A) see if I can either locate some 22.5's
B) just bend the conduit clamps slightly
C) something adjustable between the conduit clamp & faceplate

Did you ever resolve the monitor rolling issue? As you can see i put wing nuts on mine but that acer in the top right is heavy and wants to find its own resting place.

drfish
Gold subscriber
Maximum Gerbil
Topic Author

Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:15 am

Sweet! Looks like a nice setup dude. :)

I ended up "solving" the monitor rolling issue with epoxy. However, if I were to do it again from scratch I wouldn't be concerned about rotating the monitors into portrait mode and I would just use two or three conduit clamps instead of the one. Other than that it's holding up great, I haven't tweaked the screen position since the last time I posted in this thread I applied the epoxy shortly after the last time I posted in this thread. :wink:

msimmons
Gerbil In Training

Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:32 am

ooh, 2 clamps has some possibilities... It might even resolve my needing some angle if i stack some washers between the plate and the "outside" clamps.

I'll give that a shot if the rolling becomes too much of an issue. My bottom two monitors are new, so very light and stay put, the top two I like to angle down anyway... its just that the acer seems to angle a little more each day XD

Thanks for the idea, especially the one of building in the first place :)
The monitor stand I had previously was a nice ergortron, I might put it up on eBay before too long to re-coup my cost (about $85 but i have some parts left over, would rather buy too much than make another trip) :P

Erasmian
Gerbil In Training

Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:03 pm

Thanks for the inspiration!