Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Starfalcon

jihadjoe
Gerbil Elite
Topic Author

G.Skill's 3600MHz CL19 kits are pretty good!

Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:35 pm

After reading 1usmus's Ryzen RAM OC guide I found out that G.Skill's 3600MHz CL19 stuff is pretty good and is equipped with Hynix C-die. They're pretty cheap because they don't have the more popular Samsung B-die, but they overclock like a champ! 1usmus got his kit to 3933 CL16. I followed the Ryzen DRAM calculator settings and am now running mine at a conservative 3600 CL16 @1.39V, more or less equivalent to B-die performance for about half the price.

My RAM timings below:

TestMem05 pass:

Feels a bit cheaty to use the Ryzen DRAM calculator to determine a Coffee Lake memory overclock though lol :lol:

Goty
Gerbil

Re: G.Skill's 3600MHz CL19 kits are pretty good!

Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:07 pm

His calculator has been a godsend for Ryzen users, especially those of us with 1st generation parts, and the C-die parts from Hynix have been amazing too. They do seem to have slightly higher latencies and lower throughput at higher memory speeds when compared to RAM using Samsung B-die ICs (I'm guessing due to looser sub-timings), but it's still a massively improved situation compared to the days of struggling to get Hynix A/MFR RAM to run anywhere near its rated speeds and timings.