Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Starfalcon

zacharyt1122
Gerbil
Topic Author

Rosewill AIO Pump in Rad?

Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:15 pm

I stumbled on this AIO from Rosewill. It seemed pretty run of the mill until I saw they built the pump into the radiator. Seems most AIO's are either work as intended or such terribly now a days, so I wonder what the pump placement would do to temps.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PF1TCRV/re ... s9dHJ1ZQ==

Waco
Maximum Gerbil

Re: Rosewill AIO Pump in Rad?

Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:29 pm

Pump placement has almost zero to do with temps even in a multi-block loop (I tested with a quad GPU loop + CPU block, D5 on minimum, and two radiators). In a single block loop it literally doesn't matter.
Victory requires no explanation. Defeat allows none.

zacharyt1122
Gerbil
Topic Author

Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:50 pm

I see, I just thought having the pump in the middle of the rad would impede airflow in some capacity. I've just never seen it placed in the rad fins like that before.

Redocbew
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:02 am

It's a weird placement for sure. I guess if they aligned it with a fan hub such that there wouldn't be much direct airflow over that spot anyway, then it may not be as bad as it looks. Still, I would have thought they would integrate it into the top or bottom instead of dropping it somewhere in the middle.
Do not meddle in the affairs of archers, for they are subtle and you won't hear them coming.

Waco
Maximum Gerbil

Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:03 am

zacharyt1122 wrote:
I see, I just thought having the pump in the middle of the rad would impede airflow in some capacity. I've just never seen it placed in the rad fins like that before.

Oh, go me. I didn't even see that (I assumed it was on the reservoir on the end). It does appear to be in a fan dead spot, but even so, I would bet it steals a very small amount of cooling capacity.

I was merely referring to pump placement within the loop, which doesn't matter at all, really.
Victory requires no explanation. Defeat allows none.

zacharyt1122
Gerbil
Topic Author

Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:29 am

Right, the most common pump placement is on the CPU block, it's seen it on the end of the road by the tubing but never dead in the middle of the fins. Looks like they're older model even used a low profile CPU cooler but this updated model seems to go to a larger profile one. I can't find any test results for this one either.

Starfalcon
Gerbilus Supremus

Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:32 pm

The reason they put the pump in strange places like this is due to astek having a patent for the pump in the block. If they put it in there they have to pay patent fees to astek.