Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Starfalcon

JawesomeArt
Gerbil
Topic Author

AMD vs Intel

Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:24 pm

I Only have experience with Intel Processors, and was wondering if there is some kind of equivalency chart between AMD and Intel Processor Power. Is there?

Gandolf
Graphmaster Gerbil

Re: AMD vs Intel

Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:47 am

Hard to make a chart since new ones come out so frequently.
here is a recent chart of higher end chips. Look through the whole review for more information.
http://techreport.com/review/25293/inte ... eviewed/11

Chrispy_
Maximum Gerbil

Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:29 pm

Anandtech Bench is probably the closest thing to what you're after, but the results are mostly limited to synthetic benchmarks and the testing consistency between models isn't always enough to give you many results.

Intel wins in pretty much every circumstance (perfomance, performance/Watt, heat/noise) unless you want better IGP, in which case the A-series is a good fit, or if you want heavily mutithreaded applications, in which case the 8-'core' FX 83xx are better than the i7 offerings in some cases.

Short answer is that AMD have practically abandoned discrete consumer CPU's so the AMD vs Intel argument barely even exists anymore.
Congratulations, you've noticed that this year's signature is based on outdated internet memes; CLICK HERE NOW to experience this unforgettable phenomenon. This sentence is just filler and as irrelevant as my signature.

Melvar
Gerbil XP

Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:24 am

JawesomeArt isn't a real user; it appears to be some bizarre spam account (click the name on the top post and you'll see the account no longer exists). He/she/it posted a large number of these topics with identical wording to several different tech sites and did not reply to any of the responses.

Chrispy_
Maximum Gerbil

Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:34 am

Hmm, Trollbot wins again.

/closethread.
Congratulations, you've noticed that this year's signature is based on outdated internet memes; CLICK HERE NOW to experience this unforgettable phenomenon. This sentence is just filler and as irrelevant as my signature.

just brew it!
Administrator

Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:36 am

Indeed.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.