Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, morphine, Steel

Hoser
Lord High Gerbil
Topic Author

Need some help

Fri Apr 12, 2002 4:32 pm

Just got myself an ASUS CRW-1610A burner, and I already have a problem. After I installed it, and booted it up, the system check (POST) recognized the drive correctly, but when I check it out in windows (98se) it doesn't recognize it as a CDRW. I tried to find some drivers for it, but I cant find any. Windows does recognize it as a regular CD drive. This has got me stumped, the drive didn't come with any driver disks, but it's IDE anyways, so it shouldn't matter. If anyone has any ideas of what to do please help me.

newbie_of_jan0502
Gerbil Jedi

Fri Apr 12, 2002 4:43 pm

I'm using 98se as well and windows properties call my HP a standard cd rom but Nero burning rom recognizes it as a CDRW. I never installed the software that came with the HP and it still works. Nero seems to allways work without a hitch, personally I would stay away from Adaptec products.

Speed
Gerbil Elite

Fri Apr 12, 2002 5:02 pm

Seeing as how Windows 98 doesn't have any CD burning abilities, what Windows 98 says is moot. All that matters is that the burning software can use the drive.
You are false data.

Hoser
Lord High Gerbil
Topic Author

Mon Apr 15, 2002 11:48 am

Downloaded Nero, and it is working fine. Now I just have to see if NCIX will exchange the software they gave me for a full copy of Nero. (it should have been included with the burner anyways!?)

Thanx guys :wink: