Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, morphine, Steel

webhostpro
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

Anyone know how to get a P222 license key?

Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:38 am

I have tried to contact HP and can't get a call back or email. My guess is they don't do them anymore. The issue is the P222 raid card can't do anything without the key.

Thanks for any tips or help.

Chrispy_
Maximum Gerbil

Re: Anyone know how to get a P222 license key?

Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:38 am

HP really screwed the pooch with the way they only provide firmware updates to customers with active support contracts.

Is it the add-in card variant of the P222? Just ditch it for a generic LSI SAS card instead. HP nailed their own door up when it comes to SMB server hardware.
Congratulations, you've noticed that this year's signature is based on outdated internet memes; CLICK HERE NOW to experience this unforgettable phenomenon. This sentence is just filler and as irrelevant as my signature.

seankay
Gerbil First Class

Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:44 am

I think this might help you, plus their support for P222 is a tough one now AFAIK

webhostpro
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:14 pm

I have talked to two chat people three emails and been on hold for over 20 minutes now. insane what you have to do just have raid 5 run on a hp p222 card.

I head if I update the firmware it doesn't need the key anymore. Anyone know how to update the p222 raid card without an OS? Maybe download the driver to a USB or disk and boot from it?

webhostpro
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:25 pm

They said it has to be in warranty to get a key. So my only hope is updating the firmware which might stop it from needing a key or use another card.