Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, morphine, Steel

haisook
Gerbil
Topic Author

I can't connect my Floppy disk drive

Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:38 am

Hello all ..
My floppy disk drive was working properly, but when i detached it and then tried to connect it again it doesnt work. At the BIOS startup point, the computer detects my HD & my LG cd-rom. But it shows the following message when detecting the floppy disk drive:

Floppy disk drive(s) Fail (80)

Eventhough its lamp lights. it's worth to say that its power cable is not connected properly and i dont know how to connect it firmly, it seems very loose. it's also worth to say that this power cable is different than the others as it has 4 tiny inclined pins, not as the normal one which has 4 holes.

Any ideas???? :roll:

LicketySplit
Gerbil God

Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:52 am

Not trying to sound facetious here...but...did you put it back the same way it was? Try reversing the cable.

Hoser
Lord High Gerbil

Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:55 am

What Lickety said.

If it still doesn't work, then you might try replacing the cable all together.
For those that fought for it, freedom has a taste that the protected will never know.
-Unknown Veteran

haisook
Gerbil
Topic Author

Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:59 am

Actually, when i was detaching the power cable it seemed like it was stuck inside.. i couldnt see it bcos the floppy disk drive is small and somehow hidden between the larger HD and cd-rom. so i pulled it out forcefully till it came out.

Now the cable has 4 inclined pins in a 90-degree-angle shape like this ( L ) and the receiver of the floppy disk drive has 4 tiny holes like this ( . ) such that they can fit the 4 pins, but the problem now is that they're not firmly connected and i dont know how it was stuck before.

btw, my floppy disk drive is very old.. i think the new ones are different than it is.

LicketySplit
Gerbil God

Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:10 am

Well...the newer ones are really cheap...and cheaply made as well...good luck on getting one that will actually work :lol:

haisook
Gerbil
Topic Author

Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:12 am

i know that they're cheap but i really wanna know y i cant connect it.
just curiousity u know ..

LicketySplit
Gerbil God

Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:15 am

You said you pulled it forcefully to get it out...and you also said it is very old...its possible that you pulled out a couple pins or bent the ones in there to the point they have to be straightened out :wink: Do i see dismantelment and dismemberment in your future...hehe