Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, morphine, Steel

Hoser
Lord High Gerbil
Topic Author

Slightly concerned now

Wed Mar 17, 2004 10:19 am

After following thistopic I am more concerned that I will have problems when I go to the same set up.

Are there inherent dangers when using a SATA drive with IDE drives in a RAID config? I am going to put my 2 20G in RAID 0 and get a Raptor. I just don't want to do it if it's going to be that much of a headache. I'll be putting my OS on the Raptor.
For those that fought for it, freedom has a taste that the protected will never know.
-Unknown Veteran

Hoser
Lord High Gerbil
Topic Author

Thu Mar 18, 2004 5:44 pm

hmmm.......36 views and no replies. Guess that means I should be alright and I'm being overly concerned for nothing.
For those that fought for it, freedom has a taste that the protected will never know.
-Unknown Veteran

Starfalcon
Gerbilus Supremus

Thu Mar 18, 2004 7:18 pm

If you are using onboard, it should not be a problem. That thread was more about having an IDE card and onboard SATA having a conflict.

Looking for Knowledge
Darth Gerbil

Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:52 pm

Just to chime in.....

Everything is running dandy for me at present. I just had to get the RAID up and running, then it was all easy. As long as the 2 raptors weren't in a raid set up my mobo wanted to default to my IDE drive. But as soon as I got the raid 0 up and running it provided me with more options and more flexability.

Hope that helps.....
Probably PUI. Definitely an كافر

Hoser
Lord High Gerbil
Topic Author

Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:39 am

Ok thanx for the replies.

I've never done a RAID set up before and reading that other post I was wondering if it was worth the headache. So I guess I'll give it a whirl and see what happens.
-Unknown Veteran