Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Flying Fox, Ryu Connor

Waco
Maximum Gerbil

Re: W10 unable to access SOME of W7&W10 n-work shares

Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:00 pm

So what's the hardware.
Victory requires no explanation. Defeat allows none.

olegtf
Gerbil
Topic Author

Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:07 pm

Waco wrote:
So what's the hardware.

ASUS T100TAF.
Well, back to the problem, after new clean install - it persists, more or less. with little variations in participants. Made smallest network possible
1 router
2 computers + problematic ASUS.
pinging IPs from Win10 reaches destination without a glitch, now the interesting part - pinging by the name sends packets addressed to non problematic machine directly to the destination IP viz. 192.168.1.199, all other ones ( and I mistyped names few times) always went to 92.242.140.21 . Already done everything outlined in https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/ ... res?page=4 to no avail so far.
Apparently if packets being sent by the win10 machine to nowhere (and I tried 3 different routers Belkin, Verizon, ASUS rt-N56U with same lack of success).
...Its about it after cutting grass and firewood today...

Waco
Maximum Gerbil

Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:41 pm

Ha, I have a few of those laying around. Never had any trouble with mounting my NAS over CIFS but I didn't delve into machine-to-machine networking very much since they were consumption devices.
Victory requires no explanation. Defeat allows none.

olegtf
Gerbil
Topic Author

Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:53 pm

Waco wrote:
Ha, I have a few of those laying around. Never had any trouble with mounting my NAS over CIFS but I didn't delve into machine-to-machine networking very much since they were consumption devices.

Oh well... BTW RDC works like a charm... Apparently its very well know problem with 1803... Like I said, this little miserable battery gnawer will some day fly across back yard to meet its deserving demise ;-)
UPD:
...I kind of narrowed it down to DHCP vs. Static address assignment. DHCP machines are accessible and static IPs are not. So next question is - what is present in DHCP configuration and missing in static that prevents W10 from accessing the shares???

UPD2:
... obviously everyone suffer this problem silently. Got 4 folders and printers accessible via direct IP assignment on WiFi and \\computer\share_name on the hardwire. Problem still exists with no solution provided so far.