Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Flying Fox, Ryu Connor

Ryu Connor
Global Moderator

Re: W10 still able to be activated by W7 retail key!

Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:36 pm

just brew it! wrote:
What makes you think it is not intentional?

What makes you think it is?

I counter your wild unprovable accusation with my own.
All of my written content here on TR does not represent or reflect the views of my employer or any reasonable human being. All content and actions are my own.

just brew it!
Administrator

Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:08 pm

Ryu Connor wrote:
just brew it! wrote:
What makes you think it is not intentional?

What makes you think it is?

I counter your wild unprovable accusation with my own.

It wasn't really even an accusation, let alone a wild one. While I may not like it, I think Microsoft is entitled to that interpretation, if it in fact was intentional.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Ryu Connor
Global Moderator

Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:15 pm

just brew it! wrote:
if it in fact was intentional.

You acknowledge you don't know.

I know I certainly don't know. I doubt any of us know.

I doubt the person manning the phones who probably is an employee in an outsourced phone center sweatshop knows.

Yet somehow the conclusion you ultimately reached isn't a wild accusation? The entire tone of this conversation turned after you made that post. With Waco noting how he "strongly dislike(s) Microsoft "logic" these days".

Then the Linux talk began. The moans of being free of the yoke of the man. You'd think whm is posting in here.

All based on what? An assumption that all of us are too lazy to find out is right or not.
All of my written content here on TR does not represent or reflect the views of my employer or any reasonable human being. All content and actions are my own.

Bauxite
Gerbil Elite

yeah old "news"

Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:18 pm

FWIW you can install with the 10 pro default key (which is literally on microsoft's site, seriously, google it) and then activate with almost any non-oem 7/8 pro keys including technet. Don't waste time or potentially burn licenses (a lot of technet/msdn keys are allowed a set number of activations, often 10) trying to "pre-activate".

Has to be above version 1604? or something for the activation to work but you can patch up with the default key if your install image is old. There is no time limit anymore it seems, just watermarks and disabling of some user customizing. I'd recommend using the usb download tool on their site to get a newer image and save a lot of pointless rebooting.

Don't use home if you can help it, you lose too much basic control over your computer. The most obvious being the forced reboots with a **** timing algorithm that "learns" your schedule poorly.
TR RIP 7/7/2019

whm1974
Emperor Gerbilius I

Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:20 pm

Ryu Connor wrote:
just brew it! wrote:
if it in fact was intentional.

You acknowledge you don't know.

I know I certainly don't know. I doubt any of us know.

I doubt the person manning the phones who probably is an employee in an outsourced phone center sweatshop knows.

Yet somehow the conclusion you ultimately reached isn't a wild accusation? The entire tone of this conversation turned after you made that post. With Waco noting how he "strongly dislike(s) Microsoft "logic" these days".

Then the Linux talk began. The moans of being free of the yoke of the man. You'd think whm is posting in here.

All based on what? An assumption that all of us are too lazy to find out is right or not.

Thanks for mentioning my name. My 2 cents is that Microsoft is merely allowing existing Windows 7 users to reusing their keys to to activate new installs of Windows 10. They do want to move users over to 10 as fast as possible after all.

Dposcorp
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:37 pm