Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Flying Fox, Ryu Connor

Usacomp2k3
Gerbil God
Topic Author

Windows 10 driver confusion

Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:00 pm

Sounds like talking to yourself worked :lol:
In all seriousness though, glad you got it solved. What was the unlying cause? I haven't paid too much attention to driver updates via Windows Update. As long as it works, I just let WU do it's thing. Maybe a WHQL thing?

MOSFET
Gerbil XP

Re: Windows 10 driver confusion

Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:01 pm

If you really need the latest driver for everything, go through System Devices one-by-one and you can watch your memory controller go from (for example) Intel Skylake U-series Memory Controller to Intel Xeon v5/E3-1200 DRAM Memory Management Controller.

This is probably the best way to keep Management Engine and SGX up to date, in all seriousness, though. And why doesn't 1903 install the latest available? Only Microsoft knows....if even they know. I suppose it's possible telemetry and algorithms dictate the most likely driver version to succeed for the hardware combination detected.
Be careful on inserting this (or any G34 chip) into the socket. Once you pull that restraining lever, it is either a good install or a piece of silicon jewelry.

Ryu Connor
Global Moderator

Re: Windows 10 driver confusion

Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:08 pm

This was created by a sneaky spammer.
All of my written content here on TR does not represent or reflect the views of my employer or any reasonable human being. All content and actions are my own.