Moderators: renee, Flying Fox, Ryu Connor

Shouefref
Gerbil
Topic Author

Re: Sick screens and sick screen handling

Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:58 am

DrCR wrote:
Computers these days are commodities.

It is not because it has become a commodity, that it should become rubbish.

Interesting is that your point also implicitely admits that indeed, there is something wrong.

I've learend recently that one of the reasons that MS W 10 is so bad, is because MS has fired over 2000 QA personnel.
We as a user are supposed to do the QA for free now.
That also means we have become kind of guinea pigs.

Igor_Kavinski
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:24 am

Shouefref wrote:
DrCR wrote:
Computers these days are commodities.

It is not because it has become a commodity, that it should become rubbish.

Interesting is that your point also implicitely admits that indeed, there is something wrong.

I've learend recently that one of the reasons that MS W 10 is so bad, is because MS has fired over 2000 QA personnel.
We as a user are supposed to do the QA for free now.
That also means we have become kind of guinea pigs.

Wholeheartedly agree.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/20140806 ... ic-testers

Funny how much creators are lauded but no one gives any thought to how they accomplished their creation, specifically the help they got from numerous people. Like how Hideo Kojima is revered for being a master game director or how George Lucas is the renowned creator of the Star Wars universe. Few know the names of Kojima's rockstar team members or the fact that we owe the original Star Wars trilogy more to Lucas's wife Marcia Lucas due to her excellent film editing skills. After the divorce, her absence by Lucas's side is the reason the prequel trilogy sucks because no one had the guts to tell Lucas, "Hey, this sucks! Here's how you can do this better."

http://fd.noneinc.com/secrethistoryofst ... lucas.html

DrCR
Gerbil XP

Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:56 am

Shouefref wrote:

I'll go ahead and explicitly assert something is wrong with everything. We live in an imperfect world.

For OSes, objectives and corresponding applications ultimately determine what OS is used -- with all the enjoyment and frustrations that may or may not entail. I'm sure running legacy hospital equipment on WinXP, for example, has its own set of 'joys'. For my personal PC, I live in Slackware as a wonderfully boring escape from other, less boring circumstances, but that route is not without its own pros and cons.

Igor_Kavinski
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:30 am

DrCR wrote:
For my personal PC, I live in Slackware as a wonderfully boring escape from other, less boring circumstances, but that route is not without its own pros and cons.

If you don't mind, it would be educational to know the pros and cons of that.