Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, farmpuma, just brew it!

nrobison
Gerbil Team Leader
Topic Author

sweet sixteen

Tue Jul 02, 2002 9:06 am

The entire country of Germany has fallen to our folding power! So only fourteen teams remain to be conquered, but we'll have to get slaves or defectors for the last six or so.

In other news, a brand-new lowly workstation on the ASUS A7N266-E with 1700+ & 256 Crucial went together flawlessly for my father, an engineer who has worked on an Apple Mac LCIII (250 millihertz processor or something) for eight years. He's very pleased.

If he connects via dial-up about three times per week, should I install two, three, x? of the console F@H in separate folders so that his spankin' Athlon can just about get all units completed before he connects again?

Steel
Global Moderator

Tue Jul 02, 2002 9:46 am

:D

Next up is the stagnating ForumOC who we shoud pass in a couple of weeks. Then it's off to the Netherlands where we'll show their cows what real power is.. ;)

should I install two, three, x?

Hmm. My 1800+ can burn through a Protien A in a little more than 12 hours, I guess three would be a good start. If you use the version 3 client, make sure you set the machine number in the advanced options for the different clients. And keep in mind some of the WU's expire in only a day and a half, while you'd still get credit the WU will be redone by someone else.

nrobison
Gerbil Team Leader
Topic Author

Tue Jul 02, 2002 9:50 am

Thanks, Steel