Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, farmpuma, just brew it!

Khali
Gerbil XP
Topic Author

F@H GPU WU server is down

Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:18 am

In case you folders hadn't noticed, or just now realizing your GPU's are not folding, here is why.

https://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=25495

I woke up this morning and wandered into my office to find it cooler than usual. Checked the PC and sure enough the GPU was stuck idle trying to download a WU. Funny how the first clue I had a problem was it wasn't as warm as normal in my office. :lol:

Then again when the current outdoor temperature is -9F the lack of heat gets your attention.

UPDATE:

January 6, 2014 by Vijay Pande ·

The VM server went down again last night. It’s back up now, but I’m not happy that this has happened so frequently. We’re looking into what’s going on here. Later this week, we’ll have a redundant GPU AS which will minimize the impact of this machine going down, but still we need to find out the root of what’s going on here. It’s possible that VM server is hitting end of life and having some hardware issues.

BIF
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Re: F@H GPU WU server is down

Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:00 am

Yep, the last couple days my points have been only 30% to 50% of their norm.

Khali
Gerbil XP
Topic Author

Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:03 am

And its down again this evening. Some one have a old server they would like to donate? :o

BIF

Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:57 am

Pande's team was also running out of x17 work units. They need to make more or our little GPU's will start getting hungry!

My GPU is at full-stop right now and only 32 minutes until my CPU slot finishes up one it's been working on since Wednesday morning. At that point I'll apply windows updates and reboot to see if it jumpstarts the GPU slot.

But if they're gonna run out of work for us, I would prefer it be during the hot summer months of July and August!

farmpuma
Location: Soybean field, IN, USA, Earth .. just a bit south of John .. err .... Fart Wayne, Indiana

Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:34 pm

The GPU Assignment Server was finally back up a couple of hours ago. I was able to get more core 11 charity work units. Last I heard they are/were working on making more core 17s.
[img]http://[/img] Image
.* * M-51 * *. .The Whirlpool Galaxy. .TV muted, X dual flying birds & a mantra, "Specter be Gone"

BIF

Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:36 am

Well, my production is way off. Both slots are running at the moment, but my GPU slot sat idle much of yesterday and my total production has really suffered. I hope the crew of the mother ship can figure it out soon. Looks like we'll be getting a new client soon to support the backup assignment server.

Edit:

Extreme Overclocking isn't being updated. Here's another 3rd party stats page that is being updated. Click on the Kakaostats link in the header to go to the home page and see the other teams:

http://kakaostats.com/t.php?t=2630

So it's not as bad as it looks.