How can I achieve this:
1) Segregate private network from public wireless network using VLANs?
2) Allow public wireless network clients on a VLAN to get DHCP info from a server?
Basic diagram of physical network layout:
I have a couple questions:
- I want to create a VLAN just for the public wireless network and leave the rest of the network traffic alone. Can I tag/untag all ports on all switches with the VLAN created specifically for the public wireless network?
- What happens to traffic that is not tagged with a VLAN ID?
- I'm a little confused as to what the default VLAN actually does and how it works into my scenario above. Any light on that would be great!
Any input would be appreciated.