I have two machines folding for TRFrankenbot, whoohoo!
Both machines initially pegged at 100% CPU and both were using the GPU slot; it seems that they are making good use of the GPUs, which pleased me to discover this.
The Asus laptop (I think it's either a G71 or a G73, something like that) on Win 7 64 bit is truly a screamer. The SMP slot seems to get HUGE work units (8 threads) and the Nvidia 460 seems to really eat up it's fair share of work units too. The tower machine (Q6600), using Windows 8 RTM/90Day Trial, is no slouch, but is most definitely not in the same class as the Asus' i7 processor.
I was concerned about the heat, though; especially with the CPUs all pegged at 100%. The laptop's dual fans were blowing hot air right from the rear ports from the get-go and the tower was generating some heat from the water radiator (though not scalding hot). I played with the settings on both machines and I got them both down to 75% CPU utilization, which seems to have reduced the temps a bit (but I didn't do any scientific analysis of either system).
On the laptop, I'm using 6 of 8 threads up around 80% and the other two threads are down around 20-30%.
On the desktop, I'm using 3 of 4 threads around 80% and the other thread is also down around 20%.
I feel better about leaving some headroom, especially since my central AC is set to 83 F during the day when I'm at work. When I get home I'll check the status of things and I'll decide how hard to run the laptop going forward I probably won't run the laptop 24/7, but I can run the workstation 24/7 (as long as I don't need my production systems).
I cut through a couple of WUs overnight, and this morning, I noticed that the laptop got one WU with a 1.2 day estimate. Wow. I never knew I'd have so much fun learning about this.
If I decide to continue folding funder my own name after October, I'll have to choose a unique username. "BIF" has apparently already been used to fold (but not by me, I'm a newbie at this).
Fun stuff. Hopefully I won't get home to find two computers with liquified CPUs.