Nvidia has offered us some do-it-yourself kits that will add G-Sync capability to this Asus gaming monitor, and we're giving them away to five lucky readers.
Who can enter
Since we'll be shipping you a kit to modify a particular display, this giveaway has some very specific entry requirements. Basically, your system has to be ready to accept the upgrade module, and you have to be willing to provide feedback on your experience with it. Here are the specifics:
- You must currently own an Asus VG248QE monitor.
- You'll need to have one of the G-Sync-compatible video cards here: http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/g-sync/supported-gpus.
- You must be willing and able to modify your monitor by installing the kit.
- You agree not to re-sell the kit.
- You agree to provide the TR community feedback on your G-Sync gaming experience. We're just looking for an honest set of impressions in a forum post, nothing fancy.
- You must be a resident of the U.S. or Canada (except Quebec).
How to enter
If you meet all of these requirements and want to enter, here's to how do so.
First, write your TR username on a piece of paper, prop it up next to your Asus VG248QE monitor, and snap a picture. Then post a reply in this forum thread with the picture embedded.
That's it, really. We'll pick five winners from random out of the pool of entrants, and you'll be notified via private message here on the forums if you've won.
Even more rules, jeez
Some further regulations, since we need to cover our rears:
We will be accepting giveaway entries until December 23, 2013 at 9AM Central Time, at which point this thread will be locked. TR staffers will then confer and select winners from among all eligible entries. The winners will be announced on the site on December 23 and will also be notified via private message in the forums. Each winner must claim their prize within 72 hours, or they will forfeit their prize, and we will draw a new winner from the pool of contestants.
We reserve the right to disqualify entries that are apparent attempts to game the system or circumvent the rules in any way.
The staff of The Tech Report and their immediate families may not enter the giveaway and are not eligible to win.
No purchase is necessary. This giveaway is void where prohibited by law. TR, Nvidia, and Asus are not responsible for any taxes on the prizes, damage in shipping, damage caused by using the prizes with other products, or health issues that may result from prolonged use of the prizes.