Ten Good Reasons I, Zaj105, should win a Corsair RM1000i Special Edition from Tech Report
1. “Because it matches my white build so well!”
Does nobody see what is wrong with this statement? Ask not what your special edition PSU can do for you–ask what you can do for your special edition PSU. I had no plans for a white build. But if I win, I will OBEY my PSU's demand for a white theme.
2. Because no power supply this beautiful or exclusive deserves to be stashed away under a PSU shroud, never again to see the light of day–which I’m SURE is exactly what many of my fellow entrants secretly plan on doing. The case I will be pairing this with has tempered glass on BOTH sides, ensuring maximum possible PSU visibility / braggadociousness.
3. Because after weeks of attempting to talk myself down from an RM850i to an RM750i, I’m now entirely, and irrationally, convinced that nothing less than a 1000W PSU is adequate for my future-proofing needs. YOUR fault, Tech Report.
4. Because plain white sleeved cables saves me the certain agony of selecting the color of EVERY SINGLE WIRE of a custom cable set.
5. Because I originally taught myself everything I know about PC hardware just to help my little brother build his first computer. Now I’m in the market–and I’m ready to cash in on that good karma.
6. Because the RMi power supply on Newegg I was sooo close to pulling the trigger on this Black Friday jumped from $75 to $120 the following Tuesday. Non-buyer’s remorse is real, and it hurts.
7. Because 1 out of 100 is a very lonely number. Not everyone would be able to handle that kind of loneliness. But I will take one for the team, and be that Pariah. I’ll be the hero the Tech Report community deserves–but not the one it needs right now.
8. Because I KNOW you were going to forget my birthday next month (again)...send this my way and I’ll consider you covered for 2017.
9. Because I’m waiting for the RX 490 to launch, and knowing AMD, we’re probably looking at an approximate TDP of 1.21 gigawatts…with a bit of luck, this PSU can get me close enough.
10. Because I have very pissy and annoying landlords…but I don’t have to pay the electric bill J
NOTE: I know this is not how it works, but the placebo effect will be enough to satisfy my sadistic motivations.
Thanks for the opportunity, Tech Report. May the best entry win!