There is a huge problem with BIOS updates currently on this board. If you try use the AsusUpdate utility from the CD. You are almost 100% certain you will wipe the BIOS beyond recovery. I am now RMAíng my second board due to this...
The reason I even tried today was, that due to a bug in 0614, some will experience the EzFlash inside the BIOS just beeping, rebooting or freezing. So if EzFlash should fail, use a floppy!
Anyway, 0711 BIOS ready for update:
http://dlsvr01.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/soc ... BD0711.zip
P5B Deluxe Release BIOS version 0711
1. Fix DRAM frequency incorrectly display problem under auto, standard and AI N.O.S mode
2. Add check ATI CrossFire VGA card routine
3. Add ASUS Cross Graphics Impeller (ASUS C.G.I) feature
4. Reduce system full reset of times
5. Patch some VGA card can''t found when NB Vcore value has been set too high
6. Fix DDR frequency 889 unstable by SPD
7. Enable support for NVIDIA 7950GX2 cards under recovery mode
8. Fix CPU frequency not correct when use ES CPU and lock free fuction enable
9. Fix memory display message not correct under multi-language
10. Add new CPU Ucode to support Kentsfield B3 stepping CPU
11. Fix chassis fan 2 speed not correct when fan speed too low
12. Fix ATI CrossFire can''t work when using with 800FSB Prescott CPU
13. Enhance Chassis Q-Fan sensitivity
14. Improve memory compatibility
Socketted BIOS and/or dual BIOS should come back!
I have a "funny" picture of the failure I will post when I get new board. Hopefully tuesday.
C2D E6600@3Ghz(1.24V) | Asus P5B Deluxe | 4x1GB Kingston Valueram CL5 DDR2-667(1.95V)
Sapphire x1900GT 256MB | Eizo S2110W | 2xSeagate 320GB 7200.10 | Antec Neo He 550W EC