Alan Wake pushed back to 2008?

If the demo of Alan Wake that was displayed at IDF back in September has you ready to dip into your life savings to buy a quad-core processor for Christmas, you might want to hold on to your money a little while longer. According to a report on Total Video Games, the upcoming “psychological action thriller” from Remedy Entertainment has been postponed and now won’t make it to store shelves until some time in 2008. Of course, Remedy has yet to announce an official release date for the game, so whether the title has been postponed at all or whether it will come out in 2007 or 2008 is within the realm of hearsay at this point. TVG says it will have more information soon, though. One thing’s for sure: considering the game’s visuals, some PC gamers out there will be happy to have time to upgrade. Thanks to Joystiq for the tip.

• feek

Wow, didn’t see that one coming.

• Sniper

And in 2008, this game is going to look visually outdated.

• NeXus 6

It won’t look that dated considering it’ll be using DX10 graphics.

In other news, I just read that Crysis may be getting delayed until mid-2007.

• blastdoor

“One thing’s for sure: considering the game’s visuals, some PC gamers out there will be happy to have time to upgrade.”

I think it’s amusing that it is always presumed that gamers are so completely devoid of self-control that the only way to stop them from running out to buy the latest/greatest is to delay the availability of the latest/greatest. In many cases, I suppose this presumption is probably correct.

In my case, though, I have long since settled into a habit of waiting to buy new games (and new gaming hardware) until after the first (or even second) round of bug fixes and price cuts. Maybe it’s just a function of getting older and having a life, but I find that the backlog of games that I want to play is so long that I’m still working through several older titles. heck, I only recently started playing Halo!

• BoBzeBuilder

Know what you mean. I just finished DukeNukem 3D on my Pentium 133.

• indeego

Yeah I played Oblivion from my brother’s borrowed DVD, realized that I had nowhere near a decent system to play it with any fun, and decided next time I get a machine, I’ll try it again. He’s already played it through, so no loss to him.

I’m older, never again will I buy a system for a game/games unless I’m given the money to do sog{<.<}g

• SGT Lindy

Ummmm how about an Xbox 360…every game you buy for it inclucing Oblivion runs on it:)

• Ricardo Dawkins

Wake me in 2008 when I am awake…

• dmitriylm

I like how a large portion of your posts in a multitude of threads contributes absolutely nothing to the topic at hand. I suggest you take a long “deserved” vacation from TR. It might be just what you need to settle down.

• Ricardo Dawkins

but you neither….just check what you wrote. thanks.

• Inkedsphynx

No dude, he’s right. Go away.

• Ricardo Dawkins

but what you wrote doesn’t belong with the topic at hand….Alan Wake. In my first post i’m talking Alan Wake. So, can we please talk about Alan Wake and not about me ?

• d2brothe

It was a decent play on words…probably your best post I’ve ever seen…still…it contributes less than us telling you off…at least that, people can agree on

• wierdo

this whole thread is stupid, can I help?

• d2brothe

Heh…of course…join the fray!!!!