Poll: Are you upgrading to Windows 7?

So, Windows 7 is finally out in stores. What does this mean for TR gerbils? Are our trusty readers rushing to upgrade, or are they biding their time?

A number of you must already be running pre-release versions of the OS. Perhaps you’ve even gotten hold of the release-to-manufacturing build via a TechNet subscription or some other avenue. Then again, we expect some of you will be holding on to either Windows XP or Windows Vista for now. Maybe you’d rather wait a week or two and perhaps get a hardware upgrade while you’re at it, or perhaps you plan to wait until the first service pack. Heck, maybe you don’t even run Windows to begin with.

We’ve decided to update our poll with these questions, so let’s see what your plans are. You may vote either down below or on our front page.

Our last poll was about removable storage media—namely, which medium will dominate in five years. USB thumb drives got the most votes (42%) followed at a distance by the Internet, which garnered 17% of votes, and SD cards, which captured 12%. The remainder of respondents are split between Blu-ray, cell phones, and other alternatives. Clearly, though, almost nobody (just 2% of voters) expects DVDs to stay a popular form of removable storage.

• Voldenuit

W7 is the first time where the RTM has given me more problems than the RC. After installing the RTM, my razer drivers no longer worked (since W7 64bit requires signed drivers – I guess the RTM didn’t enforce that). Turning off driver signing requirements didn’t help me, nor did forcing testing mode on or using F8 at bootup. Hopefully razer will deliver updated drivers as promised sometime in November.

Steam also started behaving erratically on W7 Pro 64-bit. It would crash whenever I tried to download the L4D2 demo, seems a couple of people using W7Prox64 had the same experience as me – coincidence?

The driver issue really surprised me (not that it should, since Vista 64 also required signed drivers), but seeing as I was anecdotally unable to manually override this behaviour in gpedit.msc, there is some potential for another Vista driver launch fiasco when XP stalwarts start upgrading their OS. On the bright side, RTM seems to run more snappily than the RC, but that could be the ‘fresh install’ syndrome. The last thing MS needs right now is egg on its face.

• PetMiceRnice

I’m in no rush, but chances are that I will be running it at some point.

• Nikiaf

I’ve been using the betas/RC since they were made public in january, and i’ll upgrade to the retail version at some point in the future. The RC only expires in march, so im not in too much of a hurry to go out and buy it.

• moritzgedig

What about the options:
    as soon as I get it with a new PC.
    and
    as soon as I can’t play games with vista anymore.

• jstern

Bought 7 and all, $30, but I just want to say, after the 1st service pack, Vista wasn’t bad at all. It seems people like to knock it, particularly people who never used it.

• moritzgedig

I use it and there are plenty anyoing things about it that they never changed.

• Sahrin

Yes, like people bitching about it for no logical reason.

• jaisonx12

Picked up a copy of 7 Ultimate 64 for $20.

Being a college student has its perks.

• albundy

I’ve been using it for some time now, and the stability and networking is awesome! The only things that bother me is the new explorer and the fact that you cant change the file icon pictures. Other wise, i like still having the flip 3D and the new taskbar grouping.

• geekl33tgamer

Lol, I queued up outside PC World waiting for them to open to grab W7 Ultimate yesterday. Glad I wasn’t alone – the queue was 50+ ppl deep!

Prolly something to do with the price – W7 Ultimate (not Upgrade) is just £149.99 with Tax.

With my copy safely riding shotgun in the car on the way home, I unleashed it on my 2 year old computer within 20 minutes (Yes, it only takes 20 minutes to install, nice!) when I got back.

I then waited for the desktop to boot, and give me some error messages, or un-supported hardware issues. But no, nothing… Everytihng was already installed and supported right out the box. Even some of my not so common pieces of hardware also worked (Scanner, Printer and Webcam).

I then installed Office, Adobe Creative Suite 4, Roxio Creator 2009, all my Steam Games, Need For Speed Shift, Crysis Warhead and UT:3.

Those all worked without any drama too. In a way, i’m disappointed that I dont have to go on those long, trouble-shooting stints on Google, finding really obscure forums where someone has posted a fix or a hacked driver – Like i did with Vista X64 when it come out.

Not to sound like to much of a broken reccord etc, but I am really impressed so far. Everything just works out the box, no hassle, no fuss. It’s also faster than my prev install of Vista Ultimate X64 too.

Unless your an OSX fanboy, why would you not upgrade to this?

• UberGerbil

Anticlimactic, isn’t it? This is the Windows upgrade experience we’ve all wanted all those other times we were on the “obscure problem hunt” — and now that we’ve got it, we’re left a little bereft….

I guess that’s what progress looks like. I eventually got over the obsoleting of my config.sys voodoo knowledge, too.

• Meadows

Of course it takes 20 minutes to install. Long gone are the days of DOS console drive format dialogues, triple reboots and 30-60 minute meditative installs.

• geekl33tgamer

LOL, those were the days Meadows! Those long, “meditative installs” of yesteryear were so bad, you could narrow down the next prompt that required your attention to a few secconds before it actually show up, especially if you had to do a re-install a few times on the same machine!

However, IIRC Vista’s installer didn’t do much in the way of re-booting etc, but that still took over an hour to complete. It’s hard to believe W7 is based on Vista at all, and makes you wonder why on Earth Vista was ever released in the first place?

Maybe it was released prematurely, but who knows? All I know is that not many people will miss Vista (In the same way Windows ME has been forgotten about).

Like I said earlier, W7 really has got it spot on (at last!).

• MadManOriginal

Your Vista installs were way long then. Maybe you set it up to download updates during the install or something? I never do that but I suppose it might be fair to count that as ‘install time’ but then it would vary a lot depending upon what SP one’s media is.

• accord1999

Vista was fast too, start to finish was around 20 minutes to install on a new build. It VMWare, it was done in about 7 minutes.

• Meadows

~30 minutes for Vista was the longest install I’ve ever done. That was on a P4 Celeron-based machine.

• brucect

I did Upgrade pirated version windows 7 over my Legal copy vista Ultimate . But I ran some problems over driver issues my tv card software acted strange and problems with hauppauge drivers .Sometimes I feel windows 7 takes more time finish same tasks
    I never like to idea to upgrade . But so many programs I have I simply did not want to reinstall them.
    It seems like I don t need windows 7 . Because I don’t see any major improvements over vista except dx11 and strong encryption . but I don’t play games much anymore .
    I will Pass this one I will save my money reinstall vista and wait windows 8 or 9
    I use vista and Mandriva 2009.1 with dual boot
    :))

• mattthemuppet

been running the RC on 2 PCs (desktop and wife’s laptop) for months, just downloaded the $30 student option for both and waiting for my upgrade disk to come for my work laptop (has Vista, plugh). I like it 🙂 Plus $60 for every PC in the house isn’t bad.. certainly not worth the hassle of using a cracked copy

• MadManOriginal

So far people are reporting that the double install trick from Vista works for upgrade media and keys on a blank HD.

• Ikeoth

I guess from Microsoft’s point of view if you are an average user you will buy the version you need (Upgrade or Full). Microsoft also knows those users savvy enough to look for tricks like this are also smart enough to bootleg it if they cant get a deal on it. Hence Give the savvy one a discount and they will be likely to upgrade legally. I mean Everyone wants to brag that they got a 250$ OS for 150 then installed it like it was 250$…IMHO

On a side not I ran a pirate copy of Win 7 Ultimate x64 and now I have Win 7 Professional, because the upgrade trick allowed me to feel like I saved enough to justify the upgrade purchase. Otherwise I would have stayed on bootleg.

• MadManOriginal

There are legitimate reasons for this type of upgrade trick to work too although no doubt MS is willing to take the hit from tach-savvy users, the same types who would be on the hunt for any and all deals let alone pirating it. One situation in particular is when someone with an OEM installation on a prebuilt PC doesn’t get an actual OS disk for a full installation but just a recovery disk of some type. If their HD takes a dive and they don’t get a replacement from the OEM with the hidden recovery partition they would be SOL using their valid upgrade because they’d have no installed OS to upgrade from. Even though such a person might be unlikely to know about and go through the double install trick it at least gives techs or whoever they get to do it for them some recourse.

• packfan_dave

The Plan ™ is to buy an Arrandale laptop with Win7 on it early next year, which will replace my vintage-2006 laptop that’s now running XP because I had to reformat it and don’t have a legit copy of Vista around other than an OEM copy attached to my desktop.

• vihad

Bah, i am a happy Linux camper. However, if i manage to get a free academic license i will install it for the rare occasion i feel like gaming…

• dpaus

Duplicate post – damnit!

• sweatshopking

i bet i can arm wrestle ANY ONE on TR and win!!! well, everyone but beautiful Scott….. I wouldnt want to damage his soft, beautiful hands….

• wira020

Sould haf separated the first option into 2.. 1 for the Win7 Retail/OEM … 1 more for the RTM or earlier builds.. that would haf balanced the results more.. many people are already using the RC build because its free…

anyway… how long to wait for SP1.. i mean usually depending on past record or dependable rumors… waiting for SP1 seems like the better option to ensure stability when i swith to it… and compability…

• dragmor

Why would anyone upgrade the OS on an existing machine?

• bios_hazard

So they can use a better one?

• indeego

Done two at work so far and no issues. Had to uninstall intellipoint/intellitype first. I highly recommend people consider an in-place upgrade, because for once it actually works incredibly wellg{<.<}g

• UberGerbil

But the machines you’re doing are probably well-maintained.

I’m dreading the reports from people who try in-place upgrades on 5-year-old XP machines rife with malware, multiple aborted application installs and incomplete uninstalls, and just general misconfiguration and accumulated crud. I’m sure MS actually tested as many configurations like that as they could, but the variations are infinite and some of them won’t end well.

Still, it’s good to hear.

• MadManOriginal

No such thing as a real inplace upgrade from XP nublet 😉

• UberGerbil

Ah, yeah, I forgot.

• dragmor

If I was going to spend $200 on a OS upgrade (thank you MS for your Oz pricing) I would buy an SSD for the PC.

The existing OS works and is already setup with everything. If I avoid buying a new PC for the hassle of configuring it (which normally takes 2-3 months to get comfortable again) why would I upgrade the OS on an existing PC?

• TheEmrys

You obviously have never tried to install an OS on a non-existing machine.

• UberGerbil

I’m sure Adi will be around soon to tell us it’s possible on a non-existent Mac.
        And it only costs $29 for your non-existent upgrade.

• anamericangod

I will upgrade as soon as I can find a wireless USB adapter that works with 7×64 for a reasonable price. Even if the price isn’t reasonable and it’s guaranteed compatible and has good reviews, I’ll buy it.

So far I have not seen any adapter with a great consensus.

Any ideas?

• Joerdgs

My AWUS036H USB adapter is currently working on Windows 7 x64 using its Vista drivers. The normal CD installation didn’t work, but when I let Windows 7 search for the drivers on the CD itself it installed them without problems.

• sweatshopking

my dlink draft N works fine too…

• CampinCarl

I’ve been running it for a while on my laptop, and a shorter time frame on my desktop (x86-32, and x86-64 respectively) (<3 MSDNAA). I really appreciate the XP Mode feature, though I wish some of my software I have to use would register to terminal clients so I wouldn’t have to switch between my desktop and laptop trying to do class work.

• agawtrip

waiting for review………

winxp vs vista sp2 vs win7
    application benchmarks
    gaming benchmarks

• odizzido

I am waiting till I have a good chance to try it before I decide. Really seems like “If I decide I like it after I try it” should be an option.

• YeuEmMaiMai

I am going to get it for my home PC (retail) and use another key from 32bit MS handoutsoftware on laptop

• FuturePastNow

Been using it since April, when I had to build a new desktop. I will probably wait until the RC expires to buy it, however. Call me lazy.

• xtalentx

lazy

(10 letter quota met)

• Machupo

I would already have it running if dumbass Digital River would have sent me the CD Key (Product code) along with my invoice….

between that and the 32-bit to 64-bit install fiasco, i’m just doing MSDNAA from now on…

I’ll update when I upgrade my hardware. My rig is getting long in the tooth, but not quite there yet so within the next year or so.

• tocatl

Im going to stay using XP as long i as i can, i will upgrade to win 7 when is completely necessary, and when it gets cheaper

• Meadows

I understand the “cheaper” point, but everything else is wrong about your thoughts. I also don’t think it’ll become much cheaper than this.

• tocatl

For a very average user, that DX9 looks perfectly fine, i dont see the point now, to move to win 7

• moshpit

Installed my copy of Windows 7 Ultimate just last wednesday. It arrived via Fedex in my Party Pack for the launch party back on the 9th, but I didn’t even open it until I had gotten all of the parts for my new Win7 build ready.

Core i7 860, EVGA P55 SLI, 8Gb DDR3 1600, Patriot Torqx 128Gb, 750Gb Seagate ES.2, a pair of HIS Radeon HD 5870s, Corsair TX750, Antec Twelve Hundred tower case, HP 25″ LCD, Saitek Cyborg keyboard and Razer Diamondback mouse. Got a cheapy 22x DVDRW at Fry’s, and a total new build is born for Windows 7’s launch.

DirectX 11 – check!
    SSD TRIM support – check!

All systems are go for Windows 7 launch 😀

• VILLAIN_xx

show off. 😛

• moshpit

I try!!! :p :p

• BoBzeBuilder

More money than brains – check! :-p

• moshpit

Edited – didn’t see the ” :p ” denoting a joke 😉

• BoBzeBuilder

You mean wine – check!

• moshpit

You mean “whine” :p

• dpaus

Hand trembling as he trys to sign the – check! :-p

• Thresher

Here’s the thing for me: Vista works just fine.

Yeah, it sucked when it first came out. But the patches have made it a decent OS. I’ll upgrade eventually, but I don’t really feel any pressure to do so at this point.

• The Stench

If you are satisfied with Vista…you’ll fall head over heels in love with Win7.

• Thresher

I’ve used the release candidate. Certainly a good OS, but no real reason for me to upgrade at this point.

• fantastic

I voted for “launch day”, even though I’ve been using it for months. Maybe the question should have asked about the final shipping version specifically?

It should be here late tomorrow, even though I pre-ordered it… If I have to wait until next weekend to backup and install the final version I’ll be annoyed, but not surprised.

• blitzy

already running Vista, not enough impetus to upgrade right away… but I will eventually shift over to it at some point

• kvndoom

In 2012. I’m not upgrading my computer again till I’m done with school.

• boing

Waiting more than a month, until Brother gets out Win 7 drivers for my printer.

• VILLAIN_xx

They forgot option “When it’s bootlegged.”

Im running a legitimate Windows XP pro, fyi!

• Krogoth

Chinese and Russians crackers already did it. XD

• OneArmedScissor

Lol there were already the usual slew of modified versions months and months ago.

• gooch02000

That can be subsumed under “I’m already running it.”

• OneArmedScissor

The RTM version was already released months ago, though, which is why it’s been cracked for so long.

And there were public beta and RC versions available for quite some time, which still function.

You must not be up on the latest BIOS modding with SLIC tables and tricked installs then. Mine is legit, but I know some really interesting hacks have been found, going back to Vista.

• Bauxite

Do they get to vote twice, once for themselves and again for the real “administrator” of their PC?

😉

• ssidbroadcast

Wow, Win7 adoption-rate amongst us gerbils/lurkers seems pretty high.

• Krogoth

It is hardly surprising either.

7 has been always been anticipated to be the next “XP”.

• DrDillyBar

Please. “The Next Win2K”.

• Bauxite

Yeah really, nobody I knew in the nerd circles really touched XP until SP2.

2kSP4 was the place to be for a long time, my lean gaming machine didn’t even go XP until I got SLI…sigh what a mistake that was, but not the OS’s fault.

7 is a lot like Vista SP3, not exactly but as far as the “wait for a SP or two to adopt” it counts in my book.

A properly trimmed 2k is still a nice little package though. The # of processes, services and commit can be cut down crazy small with some pre-install work. (dumping IE completely from the UI is the first step) Great for using some obscure older hardware/software combos that don’t have proper linux substitutes yet.

• axeman

I stayed on 2000 until XP SP2. Vista was pretty lousy until SP2, too, IMHO Windows 7 is pretty good out of the box, although some of the Vista annoyances are back for an encore.

• UberGerbil

A lot of gamers wouldn’t go to Win2K and stuck with Win98, even after XP had been out for a while, due to compatibility issues (in the case of 2K) and performance issues (in the case of XP, since it had higher system requirements).

I kept my Win2K machine but built an XP machine as soon as I could and never regretted it.

• nerdrage

Yeah, I’m one of the ones who went from 98 to XP SP1 (for gaming compatibility mostly, but also for the rest of the major bugfixes and support for >127GB partitions). Still using XP now. I’ll probably wait until Win7 SP1 and then re-evaluate. Mostly because I don’t like reinstalling Windows (I’m picky about having all my settings the way I like).

Regardless, I’ll still dual-boot with Ubuntu64 (for development).

• My Johnson

Ha! I only just upgraded my Win2K machine to XP.

• XaiaX

Hm. I would vote, “some”.

I have a few upgrade copies on the way, but I don’t have much desire or need to update every damn machine. I’m mostly interested in the new Media Center.

I’ll be sticking with Vista for games for a little bit, I think.

• xzelence

They need to have the “Once the Release Candidate Expires,” option.

• d2brothe

That would be the “I’m already running it option”

• indeego

My work/main I will run RC until March when I get a new system. I’m migrating 5 Vista 32’s to 7 this weekend at work. Big migration planned in July, 2010 for the rest of the company. There are some core apps we use that aren’t certified yet but we expect to happen fairly faster than Vista had them certifiedg{<.<}g

• UberGerbil

g[

• tfp

if he’s at a school, school’s out for summer by then

• indeego

Yeah new fiscal. We have a big batch of laptops that were purchased in July ’07 due up for renewal then, as well as we’ve held off on desktop migrations because of Vista compatibility issues and general gripes with it.

• indeego

Servers are all pretty much on 2003/2003R2, we’re evaluating a massive “modernization” on the server side. We typically only like to do that every 5 years or so, and well after a server OS has maturedg{<.<}g edit? freaking chrome has been acting so strange on TR lately...

• UberGerbil

Thanks, that’s interesting — and matches pretty much what I’ve seen elsewhere. Are your desktops also on a 3 year replacement cycle?

I don’t know if it’s chrome /[

• indeego

Desktops are generally 3-4 years for most staff. A few “power users” get 3 year/workstation builds and then they are upgraded piecemeal at 1.5 years sometimesg{<.<}g I made a big mistake last time for the laptops. I got low powered HP nc2400 laptop ultraportables and the performance is/was abysmal after we started loading it with things like itunes/quicktime (another revolt was everyone had to have iphones, that was beyond IT's control,.). This next refresh I will overpower them, at whatever cost. It's worth it given the time the people put into these machinesg{<.<}g

• Umbragen

I pre-ordered back when it was offered at a sane price point – I’ll get around to installing it, someday.

• Bauxite

Been running RTM since august with my gaming/fun rig, everything works just fine.

Probably start running it on other boxes as I slowly phase out older hardware, particularly some cruddy wifi cards. The state of non-dongle* wifi is terrible on desktops, yet laptops cram amazing stuff into a sliver of pcb thats half or quarter the size of a business card.

Thankfully, I recently found a nice adapter including antenna leads online for cheap. Converts it straight to a x1+usb lead, the laptop cards themselves are also cheap to begin with and theres neat stuff to be found like g+bluetooth or agn+wimax. They don’t suck either, in fact I’d say some laptop cards are the best you can get chipset wise.

(usb=morelatency=nothanks, antenna port=usually none/weird pita type)

Ok, I’m done rambling.

• DrDillyBar

I’m running 7100 ATM, and once I get 2-3 more pieces of hardware I’ll do the install for the RTM on my slightly refreshed system.

• rootbear

I was /[

• jstern

That’s what happened to me and as soon as I read Newegg on your post I wondered if that was what happened to you. It showed that I used my old expired credit card, but that’s impossible since I always use Paypal when I shop on Newegg. So yeah, it feels like a scam now. Luckily I was able to get it for $30, but I’m still pissed off about the Newegg one. I could have given it to my cousin.

• Scorpiuscat

Been running it for a week now with my party host copy of Win7 Ultimate.

I really like it so far.

• Richie_G

Cheese option would be grand, while I think about it.

• Kurkotain

I DEMAND A CHESSE OPTION!

• Richie_G

While I’m terribly bored of the aesthetic of XP, I know it well. I’m on the fence with this one – I really want it, and want it to work well (which it sounds like it does). Then again I have to ask myself if I really need it, it does cost money, afterall.

If I do get it I’ll probaly have a triple boot with this, XP and Karmic Koala (when it’s released).

That said i think I’ll wait for Karmic Koala and see what I can do with that before I make the spend.

• Sargent Duck

Got my Win 7 in the mail today, but there’s a hockey game I want to watch tonight on my computer…so it’ll have to wait till tonight or tomorrow after work.

• Meadows

I’m placing great faith in SP1 for some reason. This is the first time I’m actually this reluctant.

• thermistor

No plans. Security, backups, network, etc. set the way I like it between 3xXP and 2xVista machines. 7 brings nothing to the table that I need.

When critical XP security patches quit getting issued by MS (2014?), that’s the earliest I’ll consider moving onto the ‘next big thing.’

• Hattig

I’m sure that work will upgrade for SP1, so I’ll use it then. It does look a lot better than previous versions, but I’m not too bothered with Windows at home these days – my home use is far more web based, and games are on consoles.

• balzi

I answered more than a month, because it was the closest choice to “When I feel like it, and I expect to feel like it when XP just doesn’t cut it for me in 2011-2012.”

I think it will become geneally accepted after 12-24 months, and when different software releases start dropping XP support here and there, I’ll switch over. But I’ll probably keep an XP machine around for perfect compatability.

Does anyone else regret not keeping a legitimate DOS machine around with all your favourite games from yesteryear?

• Bauxite

You can VM dos easily, hell you can make sure every bit of the machine is 100% emulated and have no performance issues at all from apps back then.

XP will be the same by the time it matters, if anything actually has any problems inside a VM already.

• Arag0n

using virtual box for example to install windows XP inside it i guess you can get graphic hardware acceleration also….

• UberGerbil

g[

• bios_hazard

I was the same way until I discovered that Vista / 7 ran my games and opened my applications faster. Its a great OS and I will always have a copy of it installed on my VM and on some other computer (<3 131mb ram usage) but on a serious note, if you haven’t tried 7, you should before you miss the boat for 3 more years.

• lethal

How does running RC/RTM versions figure in all this? I’m probably gonna camp with the RC until I can find a student deal.

• ssidbroadcast

I’m running the RC and I ordered the student discount of Win7 Pro Full. So I voted “Already running it.”

• nagashi

Linux here, no need. If ie9 is vista or 7 only, maybe I’ll make a virtual machine of it for testing websites, but I don’t see any reason to go back, ever. Between linux really coming along, and mac being absolutely wonderful (though typically out of my budget/not meeting my needs), I’ve finally got options.

• Vasilyfav

I bet you’re really fun at parties.

• BoBzeBuilder

I bet you have a great haircut.

• Meadows

I bet.

• ironoutsider

I’m sure there’s also a very nice backpack involved as well. That takes a lot of effort to use linux exclusively. You must not do much more than surf the web and listen to music. I’ve got to say, that I love linux’s philosophy, but software is extremely unstable. Tried to do some video work for our band and it was heck! Apparently OGV video files don’t all stand equally. There’s different format subtypes. Anyway, long story short, I dropped Kino and finished the project in Windows Movie Maker because the timeline was short and I needed something that worked.

• cygnus1

Been running RTM for about 2 months thanks to TechNet! It’s been running great on everything from my beastly quad core, to a lowly netbook. Even running on a nearly ancient Dell laptop too.

• ClickClick5

I’m going to wait a month so the MAJOR problems will get patched. Some of the games and programs I have don’t like Windows 7 too much so I’m waiting on some patches too. AND next months set of drivers should be better then this months.

I have the download burned…now I wait.

• gooch02000

I’ve been running it for over 2 months now and have had no problems to speak of. It’s quite surprising. My experience so far has been so much better than my experience with early versions of Vista that it’s almost impossible to make an accurate comparison.

I’ve installed plenty of games (even ones dating back to ca. 2000) and they all play fine. Nothing has crashed on me yet, no blue screens, freezes, lags, etc.

I am a big Vista hater, and I have to begrudgingly say that this has been a great experience so far!

• Fighterpilot

Err…what “MAJOR” problems are you referring to?

• OneArmedScissor

It doesn’t have “SP1” arbitrarily tacked onto the title yet, of course!

• ImSpartacus

Of course. An operating system that the community has been using for months is obviously not ready for primetime. No way!

Seriously though, I use Win7 64-bit on my macbook (Suck it!) and it rocks. Hasn’t crashed or done anything stupid since I started using it.

I have Snow Leopard on partition just in case, but Windows 7 has Office 2007 and TF2 so it gets my business.

• pullmyfoot

Ive been using W7 64-bit for 3 months. 0 problems. 0 crashes. 0 incompatibilities. Its awesome.

• KoolAidMan

I haven’t had any compatibility problems with any games so far. Examples?

• ClickClick5

One of my games, Red Alert 2, really hated the RC for some reason. I’m sure the game would work now, but my Vista runs so smoothly right now…I’m not in the upgrading mood I guess.

The “MAJOR” issues I’m talking about are the hidden ones, like the big account deletion glitch found in SL for mac.

I have the disc in hand right now for W7… I’ll get to it. I just want to make sure all works well. I’m going to be doing an upgrade due to the amount of crap I have installed…thats all.

Because, I sware, if one thing decides to not work when I upgrade, I will be pissed.

• bios_hazard

I have CnC: The First Decade, and all of my games work fine.

• oneofthem

well, you are just too demanding