Just over a week ago, AMD went through the trouble of releasing a special Catalyst hotfix to address Battlefield: Bad Company 2 loading times on PCs with Radeon HD 5000-series graphics. Now, the company has put up a Catalyst 10.4a "Preview" driver that addresses the same issue on older GPUs.
AMD says this latest update "provides resolution for the following issue:"
- Long load times for new maps in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 when using a Windows 7 / Windows Vista based system with an:
- ATI Radeon HD 5xxx series graphics card
- ATI Radeon HD 4xxx series graphics card
- ATI Radeon HD 3xxx series graphics card
- ATI Radeon HD 2xxx series graphics card
AMD provides direct download links to the driver updater for Windows 7, Vista, and XP in both 32-bit and 64-bit editions. The company says the XP driver "is provided only as an early look of Catalyst 10.4," though.