Antec Dark Fleet cases to invade stores in June

Emperor Palpatine would be overjoyed with Antec’s latest creation: the Dark Fleet series, four gaming enclosures with black paint jobs and configurable front panels that look straight out of an Imperial starship. The tallest of the four cases, the DF-85, even has an array of red LED fans.

The new lineup also includes three mid-tower designs: the DF-35, DF-30, and DF-10. Antec has outfitted all four Dark Fleet models with "two new Antec-exclusive innovations," branded Fleet-Release and Fleet-Swap. Here’s how the company describes these additions:

Antec’s Fleet-Release provides a front drive bay door system with variable-speed LED fans, fan controls and tool-free fan filters in a single modular package that "clicks" into place. This gives users rapid access to hard drives, easy maintenance and cleaning of washable fan filters, and improved maintenance and upgradeability to install additional fans or drives.
The Antec Fleet-Swap SATA drive bay system is a set of hot-swappable SATA drive bays that can be relocated within the drive cage, providing users with high flexibility to customize HDD configurations as desired as well as smoothly integrated hot-swap access through Fleet-Release doors.

Antec says it designed these enclosures to support the latest graphics cards and multi-CPU motherboards. All four Dark Fleet cases feature 140-mm fans at the top and the rear, "Fleet-Release 120 mm access doors" at the front, washable air filters, bottom-mounted power supplies, and front-panel USB 2.0 and audio connections. The DF-85 and DF-32 have a top-mounted 2.5" Serial ATA drive bay and hot-swappable 3.5" drive bays, as well.

Dark Fleet enclosures are scheduled to hit store shelves next month. Antec says all four models will come with three-year warranties.

• LoneWolf15

Sticking with my modified Antec P160W. I haven’t seen a case from them since that one that I’ve really liked.

Would love to see an updated version of my case with hotswap connectors for drives, slightly deeper for long video cards, and some cable routing options.

• Proxicon

I like them. Looks like they move alot of air. Would love to see a review.

• Jambe

lol

That’s about all I can muster.

• FuturePastNow

These are just the same cases Antec has been selling for years, with new (and hideous) faceplates.

• A_Pickle

Hmm. Well, I guess now is never a better time for a dissenting opinion, but…

…I think these look fricking sweet. That said, I’m sticking with my Cosmos. 😀

• wira020

Warning : It wont look as attractive when you have reached puberty.

• ChangWang

Not sure what this thing is… Would be nice to have a slightly bigger Sonata Elite or a newer P183 though

Well, there’s the Sonata Proto that just came out. It’s a pretty nice case, it’s got a 2.5″ slot for an SSD, plenty of rubber mounting for hard drives, and a door on the front to keep it quiet. Plenty big for my CNPS10X Performa.

• LoneHowler

I loved my old InWin Q-500 full-tower case. It is rock solid. Alas, I had to get a new one for the new rig I built this month – an Antec 300. It is a nice enough case. If we have to have LED lights in our fans, I prefer blue – it looks more like Cerenkov Radiation to this former Navy Nuc.

• Richie_G

Not bad looking, not great – but not that bad. There’s plenty of other cases out there to choose from if you don’t like them. To shun them as being only inviting to teenagers and the like is a wee bit bordering on hypocritical methinks, considering most people here share a degree of vanity towards some form of tech or other – that’s why we’re here!

• south side sammy

They keep getting uglier don’t they ? Think they poked holes in the bottom so you can actually mount your power supply the right way ?

• PenGun

Still using my ancient 24″ tower. Painted it red with auto spray paint, looks good. lots of room, a bit skinny, the Prolimatech Megahalems sticks out a few mm. I’ll have to bash that side to get it on. New i5 going in now. Gotta be 10 years old at least.

• fent

I personally wouldnt mind just seeing an updated Solo.

• indeego

Still using a P180 at home/work from 2007. Only issue is one of the front USB ports has died on one of them, an issue that seems somewhat common. Probably will keep it around for the next few generations. Both are out of sightg{<.<}g

• ModernPrimitive

At least they didn’t name the series Dark F’l33t

• neoanderthal

shhhh! you never know when they might be listening!

• brute

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

• flip-mode

Best comment of the day!

• flip-mode

Looks totally dumb. 13 year-old’s will buy these en mass.

• Thresher

God I hate these ghetto cases. I guess they have an audience. I may be a gamer, but I’m not a teenager.

It’s all about the guts of the case, not the exterior. I am perfectly happy with a simple, aesthetically pleasing case. I think more companies should be looking at the Corsairs for inspiration. That feature set is killer.

• jjj

The one in the first pic: 3 front fans,2 rear fans ,air filters,not bad.

• BKA

Okay, so how come no USB 3.0 connections? Also, I was wondering if the DF-85 is a full tower case?

EDIT: it appears the DF-85 is a full tower and has 1-USB 3.0 port and 3-USB 2.0 ports.

• Sargent Duck

Those are just plain ugly. They’re actually uglier than ugly.

Thanks, but I’ll stick to my Sonata III *hugs my case*

• Fragnificent

Hideous. Plain black case please, like the Chieftec Bravo. I hate all these new cheesy cases.

• A_Pickle

It seems like there is a plain black case that suits your needs, namely, the Chieftec Bravo.

Why rag on a case that appeals to the “dirty industrial sci-fi mainframe” crowd because it doesn’t appeal to the “plain black box” crowd?

• PainIs4ThaWeak

I was just thinking the very same: “Why are we still going google eyed over these cases that remind me of a horribly “modified” Honda Civic with strobe lights and underglow?”

Frankly, I think its just utterly played out – Maybe I’m just getting old (probably what it is, honestly), but I just don’t find those kind of “OHHAI” / “Look-at-me” cases very intriguing anymore. “Like oh-em-gee, that is soooooo late 90s-ish” lol.)

However, for you guys that like em, ya’ll have a million and one options to choose from… People like me on the other hand have what…. The FT-02, Lian Li X1000 (and its american counterpart), MAYBE the 800D, and what… the Bravo? Darn right I’ma complain! lol.

MOAR NON-RICE BURNER CASES PLEASE!!!

• ew

These are between pug fugly and ugly ugly.

• cfroese

Indeed. Most of Antec’s cases are nice and clean. These are just messy, pure functionality, no aesthetics cases.

• LawrenceofArabia

Gah! I guess Antec is making a play for some HAF market share. I’ll stick with the p183 thank you.

• brute

Wow! They look like they are made for gaming.

I’d love to get one of those, it’ll get me more headshots and FPS. It’s a good thing they’re windowed – I have to be able to see my Fatal1ty sound card and Killer NIC card to remind me of how extreme my gaming is.

• sweatshopking

YOU GO LOGAN. YOU’RE THE MAN. THE BOX = TEH WIN

ssk

• Farting Bob

I know what you mean, my case is very plain looking but it has good airflow and was cheap.
      However, if those front panel fans are 120mm then this case looks very good for those in need of high airflow.

• imtheunknown176

It looks more Dead Space to me.