Deal of the week: It’s raining coupons, halellujah!

Newegg has kicked off Fourth of July celebrations a little early this year, e-mailing us a cornucopia of coupon codes that can shrink prices by anywhere from 10% to 25%. As you’ll see below, the codes span a wealth of different product categories; some codes expire today, while others will last until the middle of next week. Behold!

Category Discount Promo code End date
Hard drives 10% EMCYVYZ29 7/1/2010
Motherboards 10% MBJULY 7/7/2010
ATX or HTPC computer cases 10% EMCYVYZ35 7/3/2010
Keyboards 15% EMCYVYZ27 7/1/2010
Card readers 15% EMCYVYZ33 7/7/2010
Blu-ray drives or burners 10% EMCYVYZ26 7/7/2010
D-Link switches or wireless routers 15% EMCYVYZ32 7/5/2010
LG LCD monitors 10% EMCYVYZ23 7/5/2010
Point and shoot digital cameras 10% EMCYVYZ28 7/3/2010
LG HDTVs 10% EMCYVYZ24 7/3/2010
Panasonic HDTVs 10% EMCYVYZ25 7/3/2010
Klipsh or Energy home audio speakers 25% EMCYVYZ22 7/3/2010

Combined with other promotions, these codes can make for some especially juicy savings. Take WD’s 1TB Caviar Black hard drive, which sold for $94.99 earlier this week. After a $20 instant rebate (available today only) and the "EMCYVYZ29" coupon code, you can grab the drive for only $71.99 shipped.

In related deal news, Valve’s Steam sale is still going, and new deals have been added for today only: the original BioShock for $4.99, Dragon Age: Origins for $23.99, the excellent Thief: Deadly Shadows for $2.99, and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas for $3.74.

• SonicSilicon

I ordered a trio of keyboards I’ve been eying for quite some time. This was one of the rare instances where NewEgg had a lower price than anyone else by a large margin, and the coupon applied to multiples. Oddly, this wasn’t quite as low as the price it was at last week. It had crept up by $5 over a few days, plus went “out of stock” with an ETA of next week, until this afternoon.

• Captain Ned

It’s Raining Men. Paul Shaffer of Letterman fame has a writing credit on the song and I remember the original video from the “Night Flight” show on USA Network.

• marvelous

newegg deals are crap. Newegg used to have great prices but if you shop around you can easily beat newegg prices by a bunch. I used to spend 3 grand a year there but now newegg is lucky if they get $200 from me.

• codedivine

Does anyone know if newegg.ca is running similar deals?

• clone

I remember when Newegg was “coming” to Canada and ppl were all about “wow now we’ll get real deals”…… I gave Newegg two tries and have since given up totally on them…. I use their website for reviews only.

their shipping costs were silly and it was very rare that without jumping through hoops I’d find something interesting.

I wish some website would lead the way on getting rid of mail in rebates and just competing on price like the old days….. instant rebates are fine of course but dealing with 4 months to a year delays on a $15 dollar rebate …. screw the company I bought the product from and screw the manufacturer who offered it.

find a better way or don’t bother.

• dashbarron

You use newegg…for reviews? Eep.

• VILLAIN_xx

This /[

• cygnus1

that hard drive code is not a flat 10%. it’s $10 or 10% which ever is less. and only applies to one hard drive in your cart

• CampinCarl

I really, really, really, REALLY, REALLY wish I wasn’t a poor college student. Anyone wanna buy me stuff?

• TurtlePerson2

How poor can you be to not be able to afford <$5 games?

• CampinCarl

I was referring to the Newegg deals.

• imtheunknown176

Titan Quest Gold for $5! I highly recommend this for anyone who is bored of Torchlight and waiting for Diablo 3. On a side note, it looks pretty amazing in 3D. It’s not officially supported in nvidias driver’s but it’s the most impressive looking 3D game I’ve seen.