Steam sale targets Borderlands, Crysis, and Half-Life 2

Yes, we already told you about the Steam sale last week, and we posted a reminder with some new Steam bargains in yesterday’s deal post. But Valve continues to pile on the deals, and today’s, er, “today only” sale is a doozy.

Among today’s notable items are:

• Half-Life 2 for $3.39.
  • Saints Row 2 for $7.49.
  • Borderlands for $10.19 (with each downloadable add-on for $3.39).
  • Bionic Commando and Bionic Commando: Rearmed for $11.24.
  • Prototype for $14.99.
  • and the first two Crysis games in a bundle for $19.99.

There’s plenty more where that came from, too, including a cornucopia of game packs and many more individual deals. If you couldn’t get fireworks for the weekend celebrations, this might just be the next best thing.

• guardianl

I picked the up the three expansions a mere week ago for full price (non-steam versions because I have the retail DVD). Of course I paid full price for a total of $30 usd. And now steam goes and makes it so I could have got all three for $10 if I had the steam version…

Considering how often steam has sales / general discounts, I am at the point of buying exclusively through steam! ๐Ÿ™‚

• bdwilcox

GOG has the re-mastered (hi-res) “Another World: 15th Anniversary Edition” for $7.

ยง[<http://www.gog.com/en/promo/weird_worlds<]ยง

• yogibbear

Got all of these already at full price. But anyway in the steam sales so far i’ve picked up: Square-Enix pack (like 25 games – from Tomb Raider to Batman:AA to Saints Row 2 to Kane & Lynch to Just Cause 2 (amazing game might i add…) total package price was the same as the cost of JC2 which is hilarious… so 24 games for free basically), Velvet Assassin, Cryostasis, STALKER:CoP, RE5, GTA: Episodes from Liberty City, The Void and some others i’m probably forgetting.

Never buying another full priced game ever again (and still haven’t finished all the games i purchased in last year’s steam sales.)

• Meadows

Prototype is a great game, I highly recommend it at this price.

• burntham77

Would you recommend the Windows version over either of the console versions?

• Meadows

Personally yes, but considering the discount, definitely.

• jplayer01

… and here I thought I was getting through this sale unscathed. Immediately got Borderlands and all the DLC once I saw it. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Even if it is the horrible German cut version of the game, it’s cheaper than 50 Euros for the full game + DLC.

• FireGryphon

Is Beat Hazard a good game?

• BenBasson

There is a demo. I tried it, seems pretty cool.

• clone

never got around to playing Crysis or it’s sequel…… guess I should get on that…. not big on downloads, don’t do it tbh like having a box.

hopefully I’ll find it on sale in physical form as well although I really don’t care much about the series.

• BenBasson

Well worth $20. Replay value is low (like most games), but they’re decent quality, pretty and fun.

• clone

Crysis was “the” game….. Crytek came out of nowhere to release FarCry so I had expectations……. very bad thing.

I played Crysis for an hour at a friends….. to me Crysis is “the” game that showed what a mistake it is to rush out photorealism in graphics because the hardware couldn’t handle it and mixed in equally with the “pretty frames” were absolutely horrid lazy renderings that ruined the immersive qualities of the game….. literally reduced the value from $50 to $5.00 as I’ll spend too much time being distracted by FOV transitions that go from wonderful to horrible in quick succession.

FarCry was done in a way so foliage would appear after the player stopped moving… once noticed that was pretty bad as well but at least in the older title you could excuse it.

I agree $20 for both sounds like a deal and if I find it in physical form I’ll jump on it.

• burntham77

The Crysis games really are a lot of fun.

• Ardrid

I had to jump on Borderlands and the General Knoxx expansion. For $11 ($7.65 for the 4-pack & $3.40 for the expansion), it was absolutely worth it. Already grabbed Crysis during the Christmas sale for $13.50