Roundup: Google TV, the 600T cometh, and a pricey mouse pad

The flow of news hasn’t been overwhelming this week, but we’ve still dug up a few interesting announcements that didn’t make it into our main news coverage. Corsair, Logitech, and Razer are the stars of this week’s roundup.

• Logitech delivers Google TV to living rooms across the U.S.. Google made it clear earlier this year that Logitech would be part of the initial Google TV onslaught, and the Swiss peripheral maker hasn’t disappointed, announcing several products due to hit stores later this month.

The most interesting item is undoubtedly the Revue with Google TV, a "compact, plug-and-play companion box" with a matching wireless keyboard, HDMI output, and a $300 price tag. Logitech has also unveiled the TV Cam and Vid HD service, which will let users partake in video conferences from their sofa for the, er, not-so-low price of $150. Last, but not least, the $130 Logitech Mini Controller delivers wireless input for the Revue in a more compact package. Check out this page on Logitech’s website for more details.

• Razer unleashes the ultra-smooth Razer Ironclad. Everyone likes to play with fancy gaming mice, but mouse pads often get overlooked in today’s world of laser sensors and smooth Ikea desks. The Razer Ironclad has an all-aluminum, "finely sandblasted" surface designed to deliver optimal friction. The pad measures 12.6" x 10.6" x 0.01", has a rubber base to keep it steady, and ships with a carrying case. Total price? $59.99.

For someone who might not think twice about shelling out over a hundred bucks for a mouse like Razer’s Mamba Black, I suppose a $60 mouse pad might not seem outlandishly expensive. I think I’ll keep using my desk, though.

• liquidsquid

If only it had a dual TV-tuner :-(. I don’t think USB2.0 could handle two HD streams… 1 for watching one for recording.

• yogibbear

Oooo i’ve got one of those remotes for my PC-TV thingy… had it for years.

• Hattig

Can’t help but think that Google TV is just going to be too complex for most people (i.e., not people reading this comment). We might think it’s the bees knees for functions and features, but most people will prefer the cheaper Apple solution that is simple to use and doesn’t have keyboards and the like.

• bottlenecker

Maybe I missed something here. Or maybe I’m just too lazy to search again BUT: does the Logitech Revue need a hardwired internet connection or does it have a WiFi receiver?

WiFi is a must for me. Unless it can somehow use the bandwidth from the cable TV signal as well for data. The last thing I need is to run ethernet cable all over the house. Unless of course I settled for hookup to my den’s 32 incher. But who wants that really?

• kvndoom

That Mamba looks hot. I’m seriously thinking about getting one of those.

• MadManOriginal

Is the mousepad really 1/100th of an inch thinck? ._.

• Farting Bob

Thats around 2 or 3 sheets of paper thick, but luckily the press release confirms that its actually 2.5mm, not 0.25mm. So in ye olde inches thats 1/10th.

• HisDivineShadow

Still using my eXactmat I got for $20 several years ago. It was so good Razer finally replaced it with a plastic mat that would have to be replaced OR this expensive (and white?) version.

Logitech is Swiss? I never knew. From the quality of their stuff I thought they were American, that or from Taiwan.

Also, I want that keyboard. Not the mini one, but the bigger chiclet style one with the trackpad. A quick browse through their site suggests that you can’t get it by itself though.

• Blazex

i’m still fairly happy with my $10 steelseries mouse pad, i bought from gamestop, it goes extremely well with my logitech g3 🙂
    $60 just seems a little high, when you can get most nice pads easily under $30 anyway

• ShadowTiger

the ultimate mousepad: whatever the hell surface my keyboard and monitor is resting on.

And I don’t spend more than $50 on my Razer mice, thank you very much.

• elmopuddy

I received my 600T from directcanada.com on tuesday, now waiting for rest of pieces… its really a big case lol, very well made

• Captain Ned

3M Precise Optical Mousing Surface with gel rest. There is no substitute.

• CasbahBoy

I dunno. I could justify a $60 mouse pad if it does not wear like all of the hard plastic pads I’ve bought over the years.

I know I’ve spent at least $60 on mouse pads in the past eight years.

• Waco

I had a Ratpadz XT years ago and it pissed me off when the surface wore down smooth – not to mention that it was simply uncomfortable to use.

I now use a $3 National Geographic cloth pad with rubber backing – it’s comfortable and my G5 tracks perfectly on it.

• CasbahBoy

I may just go back to cloth. They get gross after a while, but who cares if you replace it after a year when they’re $2 each?

• Firestarter

about the tried and true Func 1030 surfaces?

• indeego

oversize generic mousepad g{<><}g *

• Bauxite

If you mean a real wood desk, then yes.

• Skrying

I use the Gigabyte mouse pad I won several months back from one of the TR giveaways. It’s been great and when I don’t have it with me (a few LAN parties) I notice it and want it. Surprised me how much of an improvement it was.

• flip-mode

Good to see you on the front page CN!

• Applecrusher

I wonder if my current dinovo mini will work with the logitec system they have for google tv?

• Spyder22446688

I’ve had my Corsair 600T pre-ordered via Amazon Prime for about two months now. Paid $143 before tax. Cannot wait. The ship data I’ve been quoted is between October 27 and November 9.

• 5150