Latest two NZXT cases cost only $40, $50

There are affordable PC cases… and then there are really affordable PC cases. NZXT’s new Source 210 is undeniably one of the latter, what with its rock-bottom asking price of just $39.99.

Despite being so cheap, the Source 210 provides many of the comforts to which users of pricier enclosures have grown accustomed over the years. I’m talking about cutouts for cable routing and the CPU socket in the motherboard tray, room for a generous number of cooling fans (up to seven of them, all 120 mm), and a bottom-mounted power supply area.

The Source 210 doesn’t look half bad, either. It’s got a black-and-white aluminum panels, and the interior is painted the same color as the outside. (There’s no window, though, so you’ll be the only one peering at the internal finish.)

Folks with a spare sawbuck in their pocket can spring for the Source 210 Elite, which costs $49.99 and adds USB 3.0, a tool-less design, and a 140-mm top fan to the Source 210’s feature list. I’d probably shell out the extra $10 myself, if only to spare myself the trouble of manually screwing in hard drives. The extra cooling probably doesn’t hurt, either.

• satsuper

From the Source 210 product page…

“Sometimes gamers are starving college students, sometimes gamers have girlfriends; the green keeps flying away. NZXT’s Source 210 is here to provide the basic chassis to house your rig”

• Welch

Anyone else think this looks like the following Antec?

[url<]http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129071[/url<] I've built 5 systems for a client using the above Antec cases, they have been decent. These new NZXT cases might be a cheaper alternative... hmmmm.

• thanatos355

They do look quite similar. I prefer the look of the NZXT case myself. The inclusion of the 3.5 external drive bays always did in the looks of that model Antec for me. They’re just a real eye sore.

• albundy

its quite silly to pay that kind of cash when an antec 300 costs less, and gives you a top 140mm fan, and frontal cooling/filtering, and just looks better. power buttons located in the middle of the case also deter me from considering it.

• UltimateImperative

Where does an Antec 300 cost less than $50? I generally see in in the $50-60 range, and the 100 is usually $50+.

• oldog

Wow, a case maker that put USB ports at the top of the computer. Shucks, what will they think of next? Putting the on/off and reset buttons there too?

• UltimateImperative

Well, that’s another NZXT that doesn’t look utterly silly.

Yeah, it’s almost like they quit listening to the 15-year-olds. I bet they have blue LEDs though.

• Jambe

+1 to both of you. More no-nonsense cases is always a good thing imo.

• Bauxite

Their two current budget atx midtower models already get put on sale a lot in that price range, not too shabby and coated steel is so much better than unpainted after a year or two.

I scored the beta and a 430w corsair psu a few weeks ago for $45 total after all the re-baits arrive. The build quality is decent, and it actually has some modern features like cpu cooler cutout, room to run cables under the mb tray, hard drive cage and screwless mounts for the 5.25″ bays that actually work. Its nice to get a budget case that isn’t complete junk, market is much better than it was a few years back.

• destroy.all.monsters

I got terrified looking at all those screw holes again. The Elite looks like amazing value for a budget system.