Deal of the week: 25% off Lian-Li cases, plus more

Retailers may be gearing up for Black Friday, but there are still numerous bargains to be found this week. Newegg is running a special promption on select Lian-Li cases that will take 25% off the asking price if you apply coupon code LLBlowOut. There doesn’t appear to be any rhyme or reason to which Lian-Li cases are eligible for the discount, but multiple sizes and styles are covered. Among them, the PC-Q08A Mini-ITX cube, PC-V354A microATX tower, PC-B25F mid-tower, and PC-P80NB skyscraper look like the most intriguing options.

Separate from those enclosure discounts, Newegg has a nice deal on an 8GB kit of Corsair’s Vengeance DDR3-1600 memory. The two-DIMM kit is $10 off at $45, and another $5 can be knocked off with the EMCJJJE77 promo code. This Rosewill MCE remote is also $15 off, bringing it down to $20 with no need to enter a promo code. I used a very similar remote with my home-theater PC for years, and it’s perfect for MCE. The button mapping is less than ideal for XBMC, though.

Itching to add some new games to your library? Amazon has its usual assortment of discounts on downloadable titles. The best deal is probably Just Cause 2, which can be had for only $5. Saints Row: The Third is 20% off at $40, and Need for Speed: The Run has been discounted 15% to $42. There’s also an early Black Friday deal that’ll deliver a 50% discount on the cheaper of two titles purchased at the same time. Numerous recent releases are a part of that particular deal, although the only PC participants are Rage and Skyrim.

For once, Canadians have the best deal of the lot. Future Shop, Best Buy, Staples, and Walmart locations north of the border are selling RIM’s PlayBook tablet for $300 off, bringing the cheapest model down to only $200. NCIX isn’t a part of that promo, but its Snowbound Savings Bonanza has a bunch of great deals, including Antec’s P183 for $110, Corsair’s Graphite 600TM for $130, and an 8GB kit of Kingston HyperX memory for $38. NCIX has also knocked 33% off a 24″ BenQ LCD monitor with a 1080p resolution, VA panel, and DisplayPort input. Free ground shipping is available for the monitor, which looks tempting at $200.

• LoneWolf15

I got the Lian Li mATX tower for my wife’s system the last time NewEgg had this sale.

Decent case, but I wish it was steel with an aluminum bezel, or that they doubled the gauge of the outer parts. It arrived with a dent that was formed during construction (the shipping box was undamaged) and due to rivet placement, I can’t get that out. It’s a little too light.

The inner design is great for building a rig.

• Rageypoo

Lian Li has some of the worst customer support I have ever seen, wrote them almost a month ago asking for some replacement screws for the side panels (they are so small and easy to lose in carpet, beware) did they respond? of course not, 6 e-mails later and they still don’t give a ****

• flip-mode

6870 for $160 shipped. If the $20 rebate comes back, then $140.

Edit… wow I forgot to paste the link – sorry
    [url<]http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131378[/url<]

• flip-mode

That PC-P80NB is sick. That thing probably extends though multiple atmospheric layers.

• PenGun

Same height as my ancient tower. Same width pretty well but 6″ deeper. A massive case alright.

• LoneWolf15

Couldn’t we all use just six more inches? 😉

• sweatshopking

anyone actually WANT a playbook? even if it runs android apps? I sure don’t. Idk what RIM is going to do, but waterloo is finished, and canada is now essentially out of the high tech business.

• Duck

Just saw a TV ad of it for the first time.

Had a couple of videos playing and some car racing game.

“It runs all of this… at the same time. Why can’t every tablet do that?”

Lame.

• sweatshopking

yeah. it is lame. Bberry is dead.

• destroy.all.monsters

Out of curiosity – is it the message that’s lame? I’m not sure I’m following. Every tablet should be able to do that – and to the best of my knowledge the PB is still the only one that can.

• Duck

The advertising is lame. It makes the product look lame.

Who even leaves 2 videos playing in the background to play some crappy racing game where you have to wave a tablet around in the air to steer it?

• ew

Agreed. It shows they are out of touch with what people actually want.

• sweatshopking

the touchpad can do it. maybe not quite as fast, but webos has true multitasking. it’s just not compelling.

• destroy.all.monsters

I thought the Touchpad only had co-operative multitasking.

• destroy.all.monsters

I think you’re overstating it – but I agree that they really need to throw far more coders at the QNX side than they have been.

They should have made a herculean push to get Playbook 2.0 out by the time there was the dev conference but there’s only the beta.

PBs certainly have some issues but I wouldn’t mind having one – the hardware is good and it multitasks well.

• sweatshopking

overstating? they’re trading below book value! they’re bleeding market share faster than almost any company in history! they’re done. Iphones now are used by more enterprises than Bberry. I’m not overstating anything. they’re done. it sucks, but it’s true.

• destroy.all.monsters

I don’t agree that they’re done. I reckon they have 3 more years to fuck things up. They’re bleeding market share in North America but overall they’re doing well. The 9900/9930 is doing well – they just can’t move to QNX quickly enough.

But hey if you’re right I’ll buy you some pork rinds so no loss for you either way, right?

• UberGerbil

I don’t know, at $200 I’d be tempted to buy it as a quality digital picture frame. It has potential to do more than that, but as a digital picture frame I’d give it to my elderly mother and figure it to be a reasonable deal.

• Farting Bob

$200 for a 7 inch photo frame? That is a rubbish deal, you can get a very decent digital photo frame at 9 or 10 inches at far less than that. If you want to use it as a tablet and dont mind if RIM stops supporting it 6 months down the line then its a good deal. As a photo frame though its terrible.

• UberGerbil

No, as a photo frame with potential to do a little more (calendar, etc), it’s a good deal as far as I’m concerned. I don’t care if it’s unsupported — it’s not like there’s any appreciable support for any photo frame either.

• solo_clipper

For $200 I wanted one….. so I ordered one. Why would you not want one? It is a nice piece of hardware and for $200 nothing else touches it. I think RIM will be around for a while so there is nothing to worry about there. I really don’t care much for fart apps so if it works ok for video, music and E-Books and is small enough to carry around I will be happy.

• Suspenders

Yep, our country is more and more going back to its’ old standby of digging sh** up out of the ground and selling it. So much for progress.