Friday night topic: Your maddest gaming skillz

I’ve done some pretty cool things while playing video games, from rocket-jump acrobatics in old-school Quake deathmatches to twitch headshots at the end of Counter-Strike rounds. This one time, in Battlefield, I even took down a chopper full of baddies hovering over a capture point. Nothing I’ve done in a video game even comes close to the awesomeness on display in this clip of Battlefield 3 aerobatics, though.

I love it when a plan comes together. Kudos to Joystiq for the tip, and for challenging its commenters to come up with something better. That seems like a tall order to me, but maybe some of you have links to similarly epic displays of mad skillz. Odds are probably better that you can recall only slightly embellished tales of grandeur from your own gaming past. What’s the coolest thing you’ve ever done in a video game?

• evilpaul

The most insane video game skillz I’ve witnessed are probably the Item Abuse videos on Youtube. [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvY1MNF26-w<]Here's a good example.[/url<] Personally, my best would probably be finishing most of Super Meat Boy.

• clone

I don’t really give any credit for “crazy” things done in a virtual world but a few things I’ve done made me smile while playing computer games.

Freespace 2 on very hard level, if you took out a fighter without missing the game would compliment you, one mission I noticed a Shivan Dragon (super fast and maneuverable fighter, light armor) was killing one of my wingmates, it was luck that I noticed it, anyway I flew at my wing mate then rolled over top of him and hit the dragon clean with keyser and tempest, the fighter buckled over then popped while I flew through the explosion while hearing “show us how it’s done sir”.

got the announcer stuttering in UT99 GOTY while running down a hallway it seemed like every player in the game decided to run in front of me…. made me laugh, I had the flak cannon and just held the trigger.

“Head Shot”, “Double Kill”, “Multi Kill”, “Ultra Kill”, “M-M-M-Monster Kill”

• h4x0rpenguin

I’ve had a few DotA and HoN matches climb close to the 2 hour mark only to end in an epic base. Once we had 4 of our 5 players frantically defending the hellbourne ancient when our 5th guy respawned and did a solo push. I didn’t even notice until he destroyed the opponent’s ancient a matter of seconds before they destroyed ours. Although to be fair once a game reaches a certain length (~80+ mins) it almost always ends like that.

I’ve had a few epic clutches in CS and COD4 too, but only in pub matches. I seem to lose all my skill in scrims. Oh yeah, I did the “FnG” course in the CoD4 SP in 12.3 seconds (without any glitches/Friendly fire, etc). I even recorded it on fraps. I think some people have broken the 12 second barrier without any bugs, but I have the best time out of all my friends. Not bad for someone who doesn’t even use a mousepad IMO.

• 5150

Goldeneye for 64, proximity mines.

I was a gawdam king.

• TaBoVilla

trying to replicate this back in the day

[url<]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10W1MXhSHDI[/url<]

• 5150

That was awesome.

• PeregrineFalcon

I’ll have to go with my CS 1.6 days. [b<]Warning, TL;DR ahead but awesome.[/b<] Join server with roommates. My system at the time was rather slow; so I tended to load last. Took a run to the bathroom while the load/connect happened. Proceeded to return to find myself the sole survivor on cs_office as CT, with 1v5 odds, standing in spawn. Panicked, I hit the buy script and wind up with full body armor - and my starting USP and ammo. [b<]Crap.[/b<] I slap on the silencer and skulk out of spawn quietly. See a T running around in the stairwell. He hasn't seen me. I open up with the USP and send half a mag towards him. He's down before he can figure out where he's being shot from. I pause to look around before rushing for his AK. Only fifteen rounds left. Still worth it. Double back to spawn and hide upstairs for a moment. Sure enough, another T comes rushing out from the same area quickly. A quick burst from the AK and it's down to ten rounds and three opponents. I hotfoot it down for more ammo, as the rest of them will have heard that unsuppressed fire echo around the map. Oh crap, there's a third one from upstairs. I point in the general direction and go full-auto. A delightful [b<]plink[/b<] sound signifies bullet and helmet meeting. Headshot. Two left. Not wanting to stick around, I duck into the tunnel and make for the other side. Maybe I can catch one exiting the hostage area. Pull out the knife for added speed. T rounds the corner. With only the knife out, I panic and hit M2. [b<]FACESTAB,[/b<] and suddenly I'm flush with ammo again. I keep moving towards the hostages like a man possessed. Scale the ladder, reload, and round the corner down the long hallway. There's the last one. His rifle barks loudly and furiously, and I duck for cover. I've come too far to die now. I feint into the hallway and hear him pour more ammo into the plaster behind me, then leap out as soon as it stops. I've caught him mid-reload. In the middle of the hallway. With nowhere to run. An evil grin splits my face as I let loose, mowing him down. As he crumples to the floor, I point the gun skyward and empty the remaining rounds as I hear those wonderful words: [b<]"Counter-terrorists win."[/b<] [i<]fin[/i<] [b<]TL;DR[/b<] CS 1.6, 1v5 on cs_office with only body armor and a USP. I win.

• kamikaziechameleon

I have many great memories of that game.

• jstern

Can’t think of anything. Probably beating my friend on Street Fighter II Turbo for Super Nintendo, while standing behind the TV. Just used my ears, intuition and anticipation.

Sports, probably hitting 3 70 footers in a row in basketball, after a friend told me I couldn’t do it. I missed the 4th though.

• paulWTAMU

Crap, I think I’m doing good in a multiplayer FPS if my K/D is 1.5:1 🙁

• Meadows

I usually consider it adequate above 2:1 and “good” above 3:1.

• Jon

From time to time I experience crazy moments of intense awesomeness in gaming. Like this one, many years ago I once played a UT deathmatch map against 10 or so Godlike bots. That means the bots have 100% accuracy every time. And I beat them. It was simply amazing. I took a screenshot of the end of round score for posterity.

While these moments are temporary the effects are nothing but lasting 😛

• IronHalik

In Crysis 1, on Mesa map, I managed to jump out of a stolen heli, right onto enemy, spawncamping our helipad, VTOL, place C4 on it, throw myself overboard, mission-impossible-style detonate the payload and safely land via my parachute on the ground.

Only shame was that the spawncamping troll thought that I rigged his VTOL while he was buying it some time earlier and promptly abused my verbally for spawncamping. While the irony was sweet, the troll felt even more encouraged to be an a***ole.

• ET3D

There was this one time in Solitaire…

• shaq_mobile

Solitaire had nothing on Hearts: Network mode. 😀

• Arag0n

Long ago I was such a badass player in a private lineage 2 server, that I was top killer-ever in public events, had all the castels of the server under my alliance (including the GM castle sopousedly unexpugnable fortress) and commonly claimed to be cheater cuz people couldn’t understand how I did what I was doing. Every one of the thousand players knew who I was :p but now I’m no hardcore player anymore, I retired :p I already peaked

• PenGun

My daughter was an amazing Q3 player. She was bought up on shooters but although both my son and I are pretty good deathmatchers she was, even with less practice just amazing.

She used to like to soften up areas of fighting players with rockets then charge in with the fist thing and rack up “HUMILIATION”, in that fruity voice, kills. As she played as Lucretzia and was known to be a girl the entire match would often turn into a “HUMILIATION” contest. Hilarious.

• Firestarter

Some moments like knifing two guys in the face while capping a crucial spawning point in BF2 (karkand, inf-only) on your own, after making your way through emptying your 2 weapons, those tend to stick around in your head 🙂 They’re nothing but blips of brilliance during a otherwise pretty mediocre stretch of gaming, but still, it’s the kind of moment that makes you keep coming back for more.

• LastQuestion

I suppose one of my greater highlights in gaming was in Gears of War 2. It was on Jacinto at the mortar. We were defending the cap there and I had a boltok(on host). Their team was shooting mine and mine was shooting their’s. I starting shooting from right to left and got 4 headshots in 5 seconds. Needless to say that was the last straw for the other team as I had been headshotting them with the boltok the entire match. I made quite a few teams quit due to my boltok skillz on-host. I also have been told by quite a few BKs that I’m a ‘notorious cheater’. My friends and I lol’d.

One could try to just brush it off as console kiddies typically being bad but I often hear some of the same complaints playing BF3 on the PC when I’m sniping. Have gotten many double headshots and I’m usually in the top 5 of the match. The funny thing is I haven’t felt the compulsion to actually truly try, to put out any real effort, in gaming for the better part of a year.

The last time I was actually putting any real effort was doing Game Battles for GoW2. I wasn’t even doing tl, just lots of scrims. Even then it was a half-effort. I did them when I got tired of slapping pubies and wanted a decent fight. Soon enough I was ‘known’ and my friend who was active in GB told me people thought my GT was a second acc, that I was some GB AllStar that’s part of a top page team and goes into season playoff’s. Even when I tried to explain it to people they just couldn’t believe they were getting stomped on by a pubstar random whose only motivation was to let them know they’re not nearly as good as they thought they were. There was really no greater satisfaction then to be mvp, on blood drive, on their host, by a margin of 1000 pts.

• burntham77

Back in the original EverQuest, I was a pretty excellent SK tank. That game made it hard to keep agro on yourself, but I managed it pretty well, to the point where people would compliment me on it. Other than that, I’m actually kind of crappy at video games, but I still love to play a lot of them.

• trackerben

I’ve taken out choppers stalking me around hills using tank guns. One cobra pilot couldn’t rotate his cannon fast or precise enough as I reversed back around the turn at the top of the hillside at Dalian.

BF2 can be a grudgefest between helicopters and fixed SAMs particularly on maps like Sharqi. It was on that map where I once got two MEC chopper kills, not with a SAM but with a fixed antitank missile, the one at the corner of the US basecamp building with roof landing pad. The other team’s Mi-28 chopper came sweeping low over the hill from the sea, obviously hoping to evade and take out the fixed SAM. The TOW launcher can barely elevate but I nailed the Mi-28 with one hit. The same crew actually tried the same approach again.

The only helicopter kill more satisfying was on Daqing where I suicide-bombed a PLA chopper hunting for me in their base. I’d been rushing/sneaking in to plant C4 on their jets in the aircraft shelter just prior to their takeoff. They were so mad at me that they went low and flew into the mouth of the shelter searching for me (I was scooting in and around the row of shelters in a buggy like crazy, to avoid fire). At which point I charged and jumped at the chopper to plant my last C4 and I blow us all up. Sort of like a Just Cause 2 moment.

• trackerben

That was amazing, he and his friend in the other jet had to choreograph it just right. I never achieved anything that well-planned, although one time in Battlefield 2 I bailed out of the helo I was piloting as an enemy jet strafed me, when I looked up he had collided with my chopper as it corkscrewed.

BF2 had its moments. I pioneered the strat of sneaking aboard US carriers to capture blackhawks and use their miniguns to dominate the spawn area. Against an unsuspecting enemy, it gets to be like shooting goldfish in a bowl. Every so often an opposing team would try the rear phalanx guns but as I usually pre-weaken it… One time I had been swatting the other team for so long that my teamates complained of nothing to do. So our commander got the chuckles and ended my one-man quest with an artillery strike on my blackhawk. I didn’t argue or even notice as I was just having a great time. Would rack up 20+ kills on these spawn camps, until the enemy commander learned to booby the blackhawks or sniper camp them from the ships’ mast.

My most satisfying round in CoD4 Modern Warfare was in Bog hardcore as I crept and camped around the buried pipes, to a killstreak of 27 with just silenced pistol and nades, no airstrikes or helos as the others were always calling them in. In Creek I would rush via the tunnel and plant myself on the opposite face of the enemy hill, and snipe enemies advancing up the central hill trail towards the “front”. Few bother to check an exposed “friendly” hillside for whacko campers, I guess.

• Kollaps

Spawn camping isn’t difficult or cool.

• bthylafh

I can think of one example of spawn camping that /was/ cool:

Back in the days of Air Warrior, before spawn camping had been known, someone got the bright idea to fly an A-26 to the enemy airfield, land, and park with the nose pointing at where the enemy planes appeared. The instant an enemy plane appeared, BLAM. Six .50 cal machine guns in the nose made very short work, aided by the dorsal gunner’s two .50 cal guns. The enemy was totally flatfooted and had no idea how to counter this threat! Kill upon kill for the A-26 crew.

At last the other team came up with the idea of spawning at an auxiliary airbase and flying to the main base’s aid. However, the A-26’s gunner was some sort of gunnery god, and was able to hold off the enemy aircraft for quite some time before their plane succumbed to damage.

After this incident, the Air Warrior dev team introduced mobile AA vehicles and tanks. 😀

To commemorate the event, the perpetrators’ squadron was christened the Blood Pigs and someone ‘shopped a screenshot of their deed with a windshield wiper vainly attempting to clean off mass quantities of blood from the windshield.

edit: here’s the original story:
        [url<]http://www.gonzoville.com/games/4q-the-blood-pig/[/url<] edit: here's a similar story about someone's exploits in a B-17: [url<]http://www.gonzoville.com/games/4q-the-blood-dragon/[/url<]

• trackerben

Yes I know spawn camping isn’t considered so great. But it takes careful planning to do this right on carriers (at least for a while) once the opposing team knew what was up. I had to swim in then first plant claymores at lower decks before timing a run for the blackhawk. This was to keep the first few spawners below from immediately getting to the railings nearest the blackhawk from where they could snipe me from behind.

• blitzy

the only thing that I can remember doing like this was killing all of the giant bull monsters with only a combat knife and taking no damage in serious sam… it was pretty fun and loltastic but I can’t really remember much of that game now so it probably wasnt even hard to do

• glacius555

Say goodbye to S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2:

[url<]http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fgalyonkin.com%2F[/url<] [url<]http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/114643-Rumor-S-T-A-L-K-E-R-2-Canceled-GSC-Game-World-Closed-UPDATED[/url<] [url<]http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Feconomics.lb.ua%2Ftelecom%2F2011%2F12%2F09%2F127594_kievskaya_kompaniya_sozdavshaya_igri.html[/url<] [url<]http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Flenta.ru%2Fnews%2F2011%2F12%2F09%2Fstalker%2F[/url<] [url<]http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gsc-game.ru%2Findex.php%3Ft%3Dcommunity%26s%3Dforums%26s_game_type%3Dxr%26thm_page%3D1%26thm_id%3D13557%26p[/url<]

• Meadows

Good, one less boring game.

• Kaleid

user.exe error

• PenGun

Best video games ever made. Just a bit to demanding for you though. Very common when you have been used to playing hero games. Stalker is designed to humiliate you.

• Meadows

Which means it’s not a game.

• PenGun

LOL. It _is_ too tough for you. I think it is head and shoulders above all other shooters myself.

• Meadows

Tough? I could play it just fine. Then I realised I was bored, the game didn’t even tell me what it’s about, and I uninstalled it a few missions in.

Colloquially known as a “bad game”.

• PenGun

This game you played that’s not a game is too tough for you. It did not hold your hand and tell you what to do. The very reason so many of us love it.

• Meadows

I hate it when games hold my hand and tell me what to do. You still have no idea what you’re talking about. My problem was that STALKER was not a game.

• PenGun

Now I think you are just being a tool. Well I thought that before actually. So it’s not a game … could you perhaps explain what it is and perhaps why I have no idea. Thanks eh’.

A link that might explain how many of us feel;

[url<]http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/12/10/on-the-importance-of-s-t-a-l-k-e-r/[/url<]

• Meadows

I will not repeat myself for anyone. Read the previous comments.

• Krogoth

Confirmed to have ADHD.

• odizzido

Stalker 2 was going to be consolized garbage anyways so it was already dead to me.

• Kaleid

We don’t know that for sure.

• clone

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

was one of the most interesting games I’ve ever played and the only game I was really looking forward to getting.

that said I was surprised to see Stalker get as far as it did given the style of game it was.

kids like to have it all handed to them, they want it to happen immediately while the whole Stalker series forced the player to adventure.

Farewell Stalker will replay all of the old games in your honor.

Stalker 2 should have gone MMORPG.

• kamikaziechameleon

While stalker 1 really burned me I’m always sad to see any dev go under. If nothing else these guys kinda pioneered the now popular post apocalyptic setting.

• normalicy

I’ve done similar in BF2142 a number of times. Not to say that this isn’t cool. Heck, when I do stuff like this, even I’m amazed when it actually works out. Sometimes you’re just honed into the game so well that these things start to become the norm.

• yogibbear

If there was a spectator fraps video of it it would have to be when there was a flashbang down in de_dust 2 dark against me and i got 3 knife kills while blind to win the round as last ct (bomb was in dark with me).

• Pettytheft

Day of Defeat before it got iron sights and more “realism”. It was basically CS: WWII. I was on a 24/7 Caen map and I was racking up the points against a very good clan on their server. I was being called a cheater so I switched to a knife. I still ended up with a high Kill:Death ratio. Don’t know what got into me that night as I am usually terrible at multiplayer.

• l33t-g4m3r

I’ve had a similar experience with MOHAA, singlehandedly beating the enemy team at a lan party in college. The maps were so well designed that I could use almost any weapon and just change my tactics to win. I’d go room to room with the shotgun, snipe with the machinegun, fun times. Used to be pretty good at Q3 too, but ever since I switched to a LCD, it’s not the same. There still isn’t an affordable LCD available that can match a good ol trinitron monitor.

Are you talking about DoD or DoD:S? On DoD it wasn’t that hard to get a good K/D ratio, especially if you were an Axis grenadier. The K98 was a one shot killer.

• Pettytheft

DoD. By the time source came about the game had changed significantly. Was Allied running around with a Garand.

I had a love/hate relationship with the garand. All because of that left arm hitbox. Center mass hit? LOLNOPE it’s left arm. I even made an infographic at the time: [url<]http://www.failratio.net/hl/hitboxes.gif[/url<]

• shaq_mobile

dod classic was bomb. i stayed up way too late, too many times in that game. i wish i kept some of my screenshots from those days. when dod:s came out, i switched over to that because my old favorite server went down. thats back when i was “in college” and had a girlfriend who had low self esteem, so i had little reason to leave the computer. im not sure what i was better at, failing college or sniping in dod:s. if i wasnt top server, it was usually because i was late in the match. i had a few competitors, but most of the players were just there to boost my score.

i go back to play now… its bad. i get crushed. 🙁 its amazing how fast your skill and reaction time degrades when you try to diversify your life.

• Arclight

Idk, my highlight as a fps gamer has got to be during Cs 1.6 days when i used to kill all the terrorists by myself using only the scout. Man LAN matches are the things i miss the most in video games, not only for fps games….

• yogibbear

Long version is more impressive.

• Pan Skrzetuski

Yeah, the guy is a pretty dang good pilot.

• Kevlar

Owel just quote dis here “matter is energy. In the universe, there are many energy fields which we cannot normally perceive. Some energies have a spiritual source which act upon a person’s soul. However, this soul does not exist ab initio, as orthodox Christianity teaches. It has to be brought into existence by a process of guided self-observation. However, this is rarely achieved, owing to man’s unique ability to be distracted from spiritual matters by everyday trivia. “

• Meadows

Ban this.

• Ardrid

I’ve never really focused much on doing “cool” things in games. I more or less focused on simply being the best, which I have no hesitation in saying I was with respect to Tribes 2 in a dueling capacity. Sadly, having a family now means I have nowhere near the time I used to have to devote to my competitive skills, which is why I’ve transitioned into singleplayer/cooperative multiplayer over competitive multiplayer.

That said, being the sole person on my team in T2’s gauntlet mode (a survival/elimination mode if you will; 1v1 duels where the winner goes on to face the next in line until all players on each team are eliminated) against 13 other players and winning the entire round multiple times is still pretty damn impressive in my book. Being #1 (and #2 with a smurf account :)) on TWL’s duel ladder for months at a time, and ultimately retiring as #1, also ranks up there for me. Damn I miss those college days…

• travbrad

I don’t play it anymore but I was pretty damn good at Eve-Online: [url<]http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/combat_record.php?type=player&name=gamertrav[/url<] I'd tell you stories but no one except eve players would know wtf I'm talking about :p

I’ve been obsessive about leveling up weapons in Disgaea games. In Disgaea 3 I have a Baal Sword completely maxed out (and reached/beat level 100 in Item World) with 8 level 300 statisticians. Go from level 1 to level 9999 in one hit on one of the “grinding” maps. That’s about it as far as cool goes, and I admit that’s not terribly cool.

• kitsura

I’m doing that now on Disgaea 4 except with the latest JP patch I can kill the item bosses unlimited times to gain max stats on any item without having any statisticians equipped.

But another grander achievement was for LaPucelle. I unlocked Prier’s overlord title in the first chapter of the game and got the 2 most powerful items. Took over 200 hrs of grinding but rest of the game became cakewalk.

Dude that’s insane. I never made it through all of the Ordeals maps in La Pucelle ever, let alone before finishing chapter 1.

• kitsura

I had some help from captured haniwas (the only thing you could capture from the underworld map) and back then there wasn’t gatekeepers to prevent you from just running through all floor without killing anything.

Well, well done. I keep telling myself I need to revisit La Pucelle. First game since Final Fantasy IV (Celes’s attempted suicide to start the WoR) to make me all tears-eyed, when Croix died at the end. I was really into him and Prier and hoped they’d make babies or something.

Culotte was an annoying little fuck, though. Hated that kid.

• jpostel

Old school arcade game moment… My wife and I (it was a while ago, so I can’t actually recall if we were married yet) were at the movie theater and since we were pretty early for the movie, I decided to play an arcade game. There were some kids (tweens) playing Virtua Fighter 4 and I put my quarters up and waited for next game. I had played the original Virtua Fighter in the early 90s, but I frankly hadn’t been in an arcade in years, and didn’t even own a console system. I beat the kids champ, and the kids stayed and watched as I beat the rest of the game on my original quarters. Being “too old” to be good at a new game was just the first fun, because my wife was standing back and laughing at the kids’ reactions.

• Bensam123

Battlefield 2 back when you could cap points with black hawks. Blackhawks would run around the map full of engineers who would wrench the thing constantly and respawn on it. I am extremely good at pegging shots in a tank.

There was a bug where if the pilot died in the chopper and everyone else died subsquently the pilot gets TKs for the deaths; Black hawks have open windows. One of these choppers proceeded to cap a point on Mashtuur city at a gas station. I attempted to down it with a well aimed shot and instead shot a round through the pilots window and out the other side. The pilot dies instantly, falls like a limp piece of meat on his console, and then the chopper starts to do an out of control spin animation which looks ridiculous. It falls to the ground somehow defying all laws of lift as if the propeller instantly stopped, which it did as if it was never running, everyone in the chopper dies, and the pilot got TKs for everyone in the chopper. The pilot was subsequently kicked for TKing as everyone voted yes to punish the TKer.

My friends saw it happen and I really wish I had fraps going, I was laughing so ridiculously hard at it. The animation it did when the pilot died was the best part of it. The bug for TKs and capping in black hawks was fixed in later patches though. Hitting a blackhawk from a tank was sooo gratifying.

Even if the video in the post is scripted, it’s still very well done.

• Thrashdog

A couple of things come to mind. My Battlefielding skills are fairly modest, but one of my fonder moments with the series is from a conquest map in 2142. There was a capture point in in a park at the center of the map that was accessible primarily by choke points on the north and south sides. That point was almost always rushed, and so as I came up on it at the start of the round I made a blind hail-mary grenade lob toward the opposite entry before hitting cover. I was rewarded five seconds later with a double kill, and then one extra kill and a flag capture as I finished off the wounded survivor who came stumbling out of the alley.

My all-time favorite skillz moment, though, was on Halo PC. One of the PC-only multiplayer maps was a symmetrical CTF map with high and low routes between the bases. It so happened that from the top of the base, one could monitor both approaches, and drop into the base from above with a short-range weapon to mow down anybody trying to sneak in via the teleporter back door. For one round, I singlehandedly defended the base with nothing but a pistol and a flamethower. Not even a concerted rush with multiple Warthogs and both Scorpions broke my defense; I headshotted the tank pilots with the (admittedly overpowered) pistol before they could get a shot off, sticky’d one of the Warthogs, and ran down the players in the other with the flamethrower as they tried to escape out of the base.

• Forge

I do such things all the time, but they get mixed in with my overall-mediocre performance, averaging me out to “pretty good”.

It’s easy to catch outliers…. And that guy didn’t post the other 100 times he tried and missed, or got ‘run over’.

• Pan Skrzetuski

Yep, he did–check his channel. It’s called zooking or something like that…

• odizzido

I once killed a moss snake in EQ1

• indeego

Seemed like everything in Just Cause 2 was equivalent to that video.

Just Cause 2: everything in the game.

• Krogoth

I have done my fair share of crazy stunts.

The one that stunts out the most in my memory is that managed to win a round of UT99 with nothing but the Translocater.

My runner-up would be getting a killing spree in TF2 (10 players under 3 minutes) with the Sniper/Huntsman while going on the offensive (It is very hard to do). My actions allowed my team to secure their victory in that Payload round.

• Meadows

Good god, the way you talk sounds hilarious.

• Krogoth

Still mad?

Aww, did you guys have a Skype date?

• Meadows

No, I don’t know this man. But especially reading the first and last sentences in the foreigner voice that I’m convinced he has, it gives an impression of ignorant pretentiousness that may only be laughed at.

• Krogoth

>2011

>Still mad over “Stop hating what I like!”

Meadows is just doing this entire act as a venue to vent out his RL frustration.

• paulWTAMU

have any of these impressed you? Is Krogoth impressed?

• VILLAIN_xx

Im glad you posted this

1) I would have never believed it was possible
    2) The music put it over the top.

• StuG

It was during a game of killing floor with the LANKnights Gaming Club of the University of Central Florida. We were playing with 25+ people in the server on the hardest difficulty. We scaled the enemies to represent the amount of players, and on wave 8 there was something around 250 zombies spawning. I was playing medic at the time when level cap was 5 (was at it) and we started playing the level. The level was the one where you are on a cargo ship/oil tanker (can’t remember the name). By 220 zombies everyone else but myself had died in the game. With easily 50+ people crowding around my screen watching and cheering, I proceeded for the next 45 minutes to kill every zombie on the map with dual hand cannons and a double-barrel hunting shotgun. People were ghosting the map attempting to find ammo for me, and sometimes they would call out where the ammo really was and other times they were purposefully trolling me! Made the situation even more fun honestly. So I get down to the last 2 zombies on the field, eyes hurting, horridly sweaty palms and surrounded by smelly gamers with all eyes on me. A Scrake came out a door on the top level of the map, and I used my last hunting shotgun shell I was saving point blank into his face, killing him. With no ammo around or in reserve, I pull out my trusty fire axe prepared to win the most epic game of my life. From the same door a flesh pound emerges, at this point everyone is yelling “RUN!!!!” but my pride is too big. Crossing my fingers that I had done some damage to the flesh-pound before hand I charge in IRL screaming as everyone is freaking out. Right when the flesh-pound turns red and starts spinning his mauls, I get as close as I can and slice at his neck. His head comes flying off and the entire LAN BURSTS into cheering. I sat out the whole rest of the game, literally drained from having to do that myself. On the forums they awarded me an “achievement” that shows after my name forever due to the amazing events that that happened that day. You can see it here: [url<]http://www.systemscreative.com/reese_derek/achievement_lanhero.png[/url<]

• StuG

I am also one of the top 10 best scores internationally on Audio Surf for the song Beautiful Lies by B-Complex. That took me a while to get too, especially using Ninja Mono. 😀

• lilbuddhaman

Cool story bro.

But really, awesome.

In 20 years, when LAN’s are dead, we will have nothing but these memories.

• Noigel

Worth the read! ^

• ShadowTiger

Hmmm… I still haven’t done Sandstorm on audiosurf perfectly…

One thing that felt pretty good was dropping 5 bandits with 5 consecutive sneak attack headshots in fallout 3.

In Jedi Academy there was an awesome moment where I jumped down off a cliff next to 2 dark jedi and imapled one in front and one in back with a double stab.

The only other thing that stands out is owning some people in V-Tech paintball back in the ol Starcraft days. It feels really great when you use terrain to defeat someone when you have a rock/paper/scissors disadvantage.

• UberGerbil

Hmmm, in air combat training they teach you to check six but I don’t think that’s a recommended technique to shake a bogey on your tail.

My gaming days ended long ago, though this one time on an UT server I used a Redeemer (pocket nuke) to take out all the other players on the level at once, including a guy I’d just killed and who respawned just in time to run into the blast wave. Ultrakill,

• ALiLPinkMonster

lol omg. I remember seeing people do similar things in BF2… but that was still 100% pure awesomeness.

I did some pretty crazy stuff back when I played Halo 3. I was particularly fond of my ninjas on OS/custom. I got one exterm in MLG against a pretty good team with only no scopes. I’ve pulled off all kinds of crap with a sniper on Reach, but I can’t really be proud of it since sniping in Reach is the easiest thing in the world.

I can’t brag about anything in any COD game, since there is so little skill involved in them to begin with. However, I didn’t put them there, but somehow [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wd_7AfM74RQ<]this[/url<] and [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUpnT1y-_Xc<]this[/url<] both ended up on youtube. The first one was my first ever random hawk, and it was in s&d so I was pretty happy about it. The second one is just plain funny. You can see me step back for a second and think about what just happened. Ignore that it says alilgreymonster. That's my friend's GT but it's definitely my clip. In BF2 I was the main sniper of my clan, so all I really did was (camp) and get headshots. I was pretty damn good at it though ^.^

• flip-mode

OK, that was pretty damn great.

• Vaughn

That was pretty epic!

the music was so appropriate I can’t even begin to think of something better.

• bthylafh

Once in Red Orchestra: Ostfront I was playing as German anti-tank infantry on the stock map where you have to defend three farmhouses, and has two light tanks (one Soviet T-60, one German Panzer III). I was up on the southeastern house’s roof and spied the T-60 circling around the eastern end of the map, well out of Panzerfaust range. I took aim, did a lot of Kentucky windage (and elevation!) and got a direct hit with the first Faust. While he was moving. 😀

Nobody saw it but me. =(

• UberGerbil

I actually saw this happen IRL in a paintball game. The other team’s start position was way up a ridge in some trees, well out of normal range. As soon as the starting horn went off, one of those guys (who apparently had been doing his own Kentucky calculations the whole time) fired off a ball in a high arc and nailed one of my team as he was taking his first step.

• Farting Bob

In Vice City i got a dirt bike all around the long setup of small jumps on the north west island to the unique jump from 1 skyscraper to the other over the 4 lane bridge below. It involves about a dozen or so jumps to get to, a few are very hit and miss.

Anyway, when i got to the final jump my bike was spewing out black smoke. It was a gentle sloping ramp to the jump (probably not more than 10 degrees) but that was enough to turn my bike from smoking to on fire. Mid air. flying over the 4 lanes of traffic dozens of stories below me.

It was my Evil Knevil moment, and i recorded it with FRAPS (purely by chance). Sadly though, i cannot for the life of me find it now, i fear the glorious video may be lost to the world.

• crabjokeman

[quote<]This one time, in Battlefield..[/quote<] Did anyone else read that as "This one time, in band camp..."?

• bcronce

Geeks… pffft

• crabjokeman

You’re viewing a gaming topic on TR on a Friday night. I’m guessing you’re not exactly dripping with coolness your self…

• UberGerbil