Release roundup: New Corsair Vengeance gear and more

We have a little bit of everything this week, with announcements from Corsair, Fractal Design, and Razer about everything from headphones to fans:

• Corsair adds wireless headsets and PC cases to Vengeance gaming line. You might have seen our review of Corsair’s Vengeance K60 and K90 keyboards yesterday. You might also know that Corsair offers Vengeance gaming mice. Well, you’ll soon be able to get a matched set: similarly styled headphones and enclosures are coming.

Corsair’s upcoming Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 headset features 50-mm drivers, a noise-cancelling microphone, and 2.4GHz wireless technology. Corsair claims it has a range of 40 feet and can go up to 10 hours between charges. (You’ll be able to charge it with a microUSB cable.) Look it in June with a price tag of $149. Meanwhile, the Vengeance C70 case offers similar styling with built-in carry handles, a steel front panel, six "SSD-ready" bays in a pair of removable drive cages, room for as many as 10 fans, and support for 240-mm radiators. The Vengeance C70 is due next month with a $139 asking price.

• Fractal Design launch new Silent Series R2 fans. Fractal Design’s new Silent Series R2 case fans range in size from 40 mm to 140 mm, and they all feature hydraulic bearings and "fully-sleeved cables." The company includes rubber mounting pins with the 60 mm and larger models, and the 120- and 140-mm fans also ship with a "low speed adapter." You can look up detailed specs in this PDF. As far as I can tell, the fans are all designed to operate at very low speeds with low noise levels (12-18 dB, if I’m reading the spec sheet correctly) and modest airflow.

• Razer announces plans to unveil left-handed Naga. Southpaws, rejoice. Razer says it’s "decided to move forward with plans" to roll out a left-handed variant of its Naga mouse, much like it did with the left-handed DeathAdder back in 2010. The Naga is less of an all-purpose gaming mouse than the DeathAdder, though; it’s tuned specifically for massively multiplayer games, with a whopping 12 programmable buttons on its thumb pad. The DeathAdder also features a 5600-dpi laser sensor and a 1000Hz polling rate.

I wasn’t all that impressed with Corsair’s previous attempt at gaming headphones, but one thing is certain: the company can make some slick-looking gear. The Vengeance 2000 headset looks really cool, and the case has a kind of subdued, industrial elegance I’m quite fond of.

• superjawes

The Naga is a pretty sweet mouse. Hopefully lefties will enjoy it, too.

And it’s generally nice to see anyone put out left-handed versions of their products.

• HisDivineOrder

“I want more fans!”

“Sir, I do not think it is wise to have more fans. The sheer turbulence from all these fans is beginning to open a wormhole into another reality. A world that consists entirely of shrimp. Perhaps we should reduce the number of fans to help ensure the proper dimensional stab–”

“More fans!”

“Sir, I–”

“Stop thinking! MORE FANS!”

“Yes, sir. Engineer, we need to implement more fans into this case design.”

• Bensam123

Improve the reliability of your peripherals before releasing another torrent of them Razer!!! I really love your designs, but shit… my Lachesis is dying for the second time, not to mention all the other ones I RMA’d.

• entropy13

Wireless PC cases!!!

• DrCR

What ever happened to the rest of the colour spectrum? All these monochromatic hues with blue accents is making me wish amber had a greater hand…but then computer aesthetics would likely just take the same route as the movie industry’s present color pallet….

• internetsandman

If you want a PC case to be bright or flashy then you’re gonna have to pay extra for a paint job or a case specifically
      made in various colors, like some of Lian Lis older cases were. The market doesn’t want blues or reds or greens as a dominant color. PC cases aren’t meant to stand out and be on display unless they’ve been worked on by modders and people who’ve made a personal work of art meant to be on display. Since most PC cases are supposed to be discrete, there given discrete color schemes, since monochromatic tones can blend much easier with the surrounding furniture these days.

• JustAnEngineer

Try one of the XClio cases that I linked here.
      [url<]https://techreport.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=77041&p=1079519&hilit=#p1079519[/url<] [url<]http://www.xclio.com/products/case-a380color-plus.htm[/url<]

• ALiLPinkMonster

The Corsair stuff looks like it needs Aperture Science logos.

• Forge

I’m fine with that. You say it like you mean it as a bad thing.

• ALiLPinkMonster

Oh no, it’s a great thing. Maybe even a window in the shape of the logo with lots of blue (or maybe orange) LEDs behind it.

• JustAnEngineer

We do what we must because we can.

• entropy13

For the good of all of us…

• JustAnEngineer

Except the ones who are dead.

[url<]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ljFaKRTrI[/url<]

• Arclight

……..
            There is research to be done.
            On the people who are still alive.
            And believe me I am still alive.
            I’m doing Science and I’m still alive.
            I feel FANTASTIC and I’m still alive.
            While you’re dying I’ll be still alive.
            And when you’re dead I will be still alive.
            STILL ALIVE (x2)

As awesome as Still alive was, i liked more the song at the end of Portal 2 (not the one at credits, the one with the turrets, “Cara mia” or something like that).

• HisDivineOrder

Definitely should do that.