BitFenix intros enthusiast-friendly mini-ITX case

We’ve seen more than our fair share of Mini-ITX enclosures over the years, and we’ve reviewed quite a few of them, too. BitFenix’s new Prodigy chassis stands alone, despite following the same form factor. Everything about it is unusual, from the pudgy, Mac Pro-ish vibe of its external design to the clever arrangement of its internals.

As you can see, the motherboard tray lies perpendicular to the side panels, above the power-supply compartment. There are removable drive cages with little slide-out trays that face the side of the enclosure, for easy access. And there are handles at the top and bottom. BitFenix says those are crafted out of a composite material that is "very flexible yet offers incredible strength," and they have a "SoftTouch" rubberized coating.

All in all, the Prodigy can accommodate one standard ATX power supply, one 5.25" optical drive, and up to five 3.5" hard drives (or solid-state drives). There’s a pair of USB 3.0 ports on the side, and the middle drive cage and optical bay can be removed to accommodate 240-mm liquid-cooling radiators and graphics cards as long as 9". Bundled cooling amenities include dual 120-mm fans, but there’s room for larger ones at the front and rear, and another two fans at the top. That’s quite impressive for a Mini-ITX case, I’d say.

More impressive is perhaps the Prodigy’s price tag, which is just $79. We’re accustomed to seeing hefty premiums on Mini-ITX enclosures, so for such an interesting specimen to be priced in line with more pedestrian ATX offerings is refreshing indeed. We might just have to get this one in our labs for a closer look.

• DarkUltra

This is the SECOND mini itx case I’e seen that is white and pretty. I’ve looked at sclres of itx cases and they are all either black, or plastic-fantastic. This bitfebix one is too big, though, so I’ll probably settle for the white nexus psile. I’m building a new silent oc for my mommy. Windows XP and fcpga celeron is getting abit slow these days, and I love to pervert Darwins words.

• moresmarterthanspock

Reminds me of a very short kid a few grades below me in high school. He felt little, and felt he had to make up for it by picking a fight with everyone. Well, he became a good fighter very quickly. He was small, but packed a punch. Of course, there comes a point where size does matter, and a fight between him and a football player proved very comical. Of course, the football player won. A tank is always going to crush the ninja, once the tank has hold of the ninja, of course.

• Washer

I like it even though it is large for an mITX board based case. The handles vastly improve the mobility. In terms of marketing I think BitFenix may have been better off not including them on the bottom, as clearly some people are not considering how much they add to the dimensions.

You can’t take the handles off the bottom, since with this design the PSU would suffocate.

I think you buy this for the way it looks, handles, mITX compromise and all. As long as people are prepared to accept all the mITX compromises and that it’s larger than a mATX case (without handles) then that’s fine.

I guess Cyril’s comment
      [quote<]That's quite impressive for a Mini-ITX case, I'd say.[/quote<] is misleading people because it's not actually very impressive at all, for a case [i<]that [u<]big[/u<][/i<].

• Washer

You could certainly take those handles off and just use much shorter feet. Tons of cases use the same PSU placement without such large feet/bottom handles.

• Airmantharp

Yup, my Define R3 is that way. It sits on a bottom desk shelf though, not on the carpet, though I’d bet it would still be fine.

• Deanjo

So the question is, what mini ITX has 6 sata ports on board?

• superjawes

[url=http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813500056<]This one.[/url<] I'm actually a little surprised...I was expexting a Gigabyte board, since those tend to have tons of ports.

• Machupo

I would be in love with this case if they dumped the optical drive and allowed top mounting of a 280 rad!

<edit>nvm, just saw a chinese build — looks like an easy fit.. it’s on the shopping list!</edit>

• rrr

If I didn’t already have a smallish case, that’d be the one I’d buy.

• Farting Bob

Ive always wanted to get a mini-ITX system, and if i do, this case would most definitely be on my list of parts.

• Thatguy

Totally agree.

• cygnus1

Very nice looking case. I fully intend on something like this being my next workstation when I finish my tour in the desert.

• Airmantharp

While this case is larger volume-wise than an mITX case needs to be, it still looks just right for a portable high-end gaming workstation. Consider:

-Drive cage disappears
    -The pictured ASUS board installed
    -3570k or 3770k, cooled by an H80 on that back vent
    -Silent ~650w modular PSU
    -Up to a GTX690 (if one could be found) for 4MP+ gaming-
    -SSD + large spinner installed in the bottom

Only things to consider: you’d need to make sure that the front intake is both filtered and pushing a higher CFM than the H80 and GPU exhaust combined- you might install a filtered intake on the top for this. Uses for the 5.25″ bay are optional, but I have seen an adapter that puts a slim optical bay on top and 3.5″ bay on the bottom for card readers and the like, which looked sleek enough.

Overall, I’d bet you could get a top overclock out of this system with all of the bells and whistles you’d need!

• modulusshift

I’m actually considering doing just that. The only problem I could see is sound quality suffering. On board sound at that size can’t be very good, and there’s no second PCIe port for a Xonar. Oh well, I suppose I’d just have to hook up a USB DAC.
      The only other question I have with this is whether that Asus board could support Thunderbolt. If so, that could be an interesting way to hook up a soundcard in a couple of years.

Honestly, though, this board is nearly making me want to abandon my Maximus V Gene build idea. It’d be pretty epic.

• Airmantharp

Sound is the only disadvantage to gaming on mITX, really. An external DAC/soundcard or USB headset would be needed if the on-board stuff isn’t up to snuff.

• Anonymous Hamster

Which Asus board is that? Nvm: ASUS P8Z77-I DELUXE

Why limit yourself to a mITX board?

Prodigy: 250 x 404 x 359mm
      TJ08B-E: 210 x 374 x 385mm

That makes the mITX Prodigy 20% [b<]BIGGER[/b<] and the TJ08B-E probably isn't even the smallest mATX case that would fulfil your criteria, it's the just the first one that popped into my head. mITX is definitely not "all the bells and whistles". You would have to sacrifice: [list<][*<]2 DIMM slots [/*<][*<]2 SATA ports [/*<][*<]Discrete sound [/*<][*<]TV tuner[/*<][/list<] ....and for many that's too much. I [u<]expect[/u<] compromises in something the size of an AppleTV or Zotac nettop, but in a case that's [i<]actually larger[/i<] than perfectly good mATX options, it's a pretty severe sacrifice just to get it looking 'a bit different to the norm'.

• Airmantharp

I’m not certain, but I believe that the ‘size’ estimates for the Prodigy are including those handles, so the comparison is a bit subjective.

For the list of limitations though, consider:
        -You can still fit 16GB of RAM in
        -It’s not like you need more than four internal SATA drives (SSD, 2xHDD, Optical) at most
        -On-board sound will be fine for speakers and digital output, supposing you’re not using audio over video
        -TV tuners… well, if it’s the cable-card kind, you’re limited there, but aren’t there decent USB options?

I’m not really arguing for/against ITX; I just love the size of the board and the minimalist approach, and I can see how this system can be put to good use.

You can always go smaller though- Silverstone’s SG-08 will fit a GTX690, ASUS’ board both with plenty of power and overclocking potential as well, and it is definitely tiny and space efficient!

• Spotpuff

I built my partner a Silverstone SG-07 system. While it suits our needs pretty well, it definitely needs better airflow for the graphics card and perhaps another intake fan so the top mounted intake fan can be reversed to exhaust.

II’ll be interested to see how this case performs; it looks good. Haven’t used an optical drive in ages though.

• jjj

Wonder if it has air filters at least for the PSU.

EDIT: it has front,top and PSU filters according to this presentation vid [url<]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Xqn-e9qAvtI[/url<]

• Jambe

Where’d the “graphics cards as long as 9” bit come from? The linked press release says “remove the middle portion of the FlexCage, and Prodigy can accommodate long graphics cards up to 320mm in length…” 320mm = 12.5″ or so, not 9″.

I’m pretty excited about this, really. I do worry a touch about quality given the pricetag but I like BetFenix’ rubbery coating stuff, and the aesthetics are nice. I hope y’all review one.

• d0g_p00p

Wow, that looks really nice except for those ugly MacPro style handles. With 5 drive bays it could make for a really nice FreeNAS box or MC box.

• pedro

Yeh, it’d make an awesome NAS. I can’t believe it can take 9 x 2.5 inch drives!

• kureshii

Product page: “For added flexibility, additional SSD locations are also included”

I’ve been trying to hunt those elusive “SSD locations”, but they aren’t shown anywhere in the gallery. Anyone has pics of them?

Uh, isn’t the point of ITX boards so you can squeeze them into [i<]small[/i<] cases? I didn't see dimensions listed, but based on the 120mm fan and 5.25 drive bay, this thing is similar in size to a Lian-Li A05 which takes [b<]full ATX boards[/b<] and still has room for six drives.

• kureshii

Lian-Li A05: 210 x 381 x 490mm
      Prodigy: 250 x 404 x 359mm

“Similar in size”? Not by a long shot.

• Peldor

That’s an 8% difference in volume. Only Rain Man would call that not similar in size.

• Shambles

Haha too funny, kureshii thumbed you down for exposing his weak math skills. Don’t worry, I mad the world right. This case would be a lot more attractive if they flipped the board sideways so you could fit an matx board in. I’m sure the crazy water coolers would love this case but that’s an awful small target market to be aiming for.

• mako

It’s 13cm less deep than the A05, which is considerable. However it’s a bit wider and taller, which reduces the difference in volume. I own an A05 and it’s something of a rather long case. At 250mm, the prodigy is gonna be _wide_.

• cygnus1

the dimensions are still misleading because they include the handles. I’d like to compare internal volume of the cases and see which is really smaller

• superjawes

This case is smaller…by far. The volumes are close, but the Lian Li IS larger without accounting for the handles. I’m not used to measuring lenghts in centimeters, but if the handles account for 6 cm on each side, it makes the Prodigy closer to 40% smaller. Granted, I am pulling that guess out my you-know-where, so have a grain of salt with that estimate.

(Also…I like math…)

Oh man, I got within 8% volume just by guessing from a thumbnail image of a 5.25″ bay?
          \o/ (do I get a cookie?)

Anyway, I’m not sure what the point of making cases shorter is – your desk is going to be uncomfortably short if it’s only 359mm deep. But even if you do want a short case, there’s the FT03, any number of shuttlePC clones and of course, there is a wealth of HTPC cases that can take (u)ATX parts, lots of drives and are significantly shorter than even the prodigy. I just bought one, in fact!

• superjawes

+1 for a zinger.

One of the real things to look at are footprints (the Lian-Li’s is about 20% smaller) compared to height (LL is about 27% taller). That will make a huge difference as to where you can put these cases.

And, as cygnus pointed out, handles. It would be pretty neat to measure the actual internal volume, which would tell you how much you can actually squeeze inside.

• zerozero

TJ08-e is similar size at and is 210 x 385 x 374

But you get much better MATX boards, huge graphics cards, 2 x 5.25″ bays, 4 x 3.5″ removable cage and then another 3.5″ and 2.5″ in the bottom

As well as easy support for 180/200mm + 120mm radiators 🙂

• mcnabney

This is a great LAN box. You can jam a beefy ATX PS, a high end GPU, plenty of RAM, and an SSD into it. The handles make it more portable and it is far smaller than a typical LAN box.

• cegras

But the A05 has a pretty nonstandard layout and the airflow is reversed.

• Bensam123

Yeah, I made the same point and a lot of hate followed for some reason. It definitely is a nice looking case and layout, but not close to the mini-itx form factor it’s supposed to be for.

• rrr

You’re getting fooled by the handles. Removing them shaves good several cms of height.

• Bensam123

Good thing ‘several’ is such a specific unit of measurement to make a point off of.

• rrr

Your sarcasm is not even too funny. Try harder.

• Bensam123

According to your post, that wasn’t sarcasm. I apparently did a good job of trying since you didn’t get that. 😉

You seem to have a nasty habit of rating everyone down you don’t agree with too.

• DrkSide

The ONE thing that I wish they would do is either offer it without a opening for a an optical or have it stealthed from the factory. I hate the look of an optical opening of a system that doesn’t have one and I haven’t seen a white optical drive in awhile.

• LoneWolf15

I have found the only mini-ITX board that I think makes sense for NAS freaks:

[url<]http://usa.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8H77I/[/url<] Sadly, no onboard eSATA port for an external backup drive (or external RAID/JBOD box using port multiplier), but so far the only board I've seen with a full SIX SATA ports.

• anotherengineer

What’s wrong with 4 ports?

[url<]http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157228[/url<]

• LoneWolf15

The case has room for five hard drives and an optical drive. Without a SATA controller in the PCIe slot, a 4-port board isn’t enough for the things I wish to do going forward, even though the case is.

• LoneWolf15

With support eventually going out the window for my beloved (and heavily upgraded) HP Mediasmart 490EX WHS box, I’ve been looking around a little with an eye to possibly building a new system and upgrading to WHS 2011.

This case looks absolutely ideal for such a project. Cyril, I’d love to see a review.

• mcnabney

Why would you upgrade (you can’t upgrade in reality, you have to backup/wipe/start-over) to Vail?

MS wants to forget about the entire WHS platform as soon as possible since it is a great example of their incompetence destroying a great platform.

• LoneWolf15

I know I can’t do an OS to OS upgrade

Admittedly, Vail was a poor release (and although it’s improved, it’s not what I hoped it would be), and I’d have to purchase at least one software add-on (either Drive Bender or one of its competitors, don’t recall the name right now), but at some point, Microsoft will no longer support the great project that was WHS v1, and WHS 2011 still has one of the slickest client-server backup setups I know of.

I’m evaluating all my options at this point, but if I make the change, it will still probably be WHS.

• Vulk

I like the fact that you can pop the 3 drive bays plus the Optical drive out to make room for cards, and STILL mount SSDs up at the top of the case, OR make a great little NAS.

Very nice enclosure.

• adisor19

This is one SWEET case for a NAS. I would love something like this but with the HD cages being hot pluggable.

Adi

• MadManOriginal

You and your hot-plugging. How much hot-plugging of drives would you really do in a home NAS? Is uninterrupted up-time critical for your media streaming?

• sweatshopking

it’s the ONLY plugging he’s getting. he’d do as much as he could.

Definitely neat…

I wonder why they decided to flip the tray on it’s side… just to be different? I’ve seen enclosures that put a full ATX PSU above the motherboard as well, which is the best space saving option. Most PSUs are equipped with 120mm intake fans. That’s a lot of dead space above the motherboard tray. I guess if you want to put a full size cooler above it, then there is a reason for it. But when you’re working with mini-itx to begin with, you end up sacrificing for the sake of size.

If they went with a traditional motherboard layout, lobbed off the bottom HD slots, and put the ATX PSU above the motherboard they’d have a surefire winner. They could even keep the current motherboard orientation and just put the PSU above that, replacing the 120mm fan.

Interesting they don’t list the dimensions of the case, which I’m guessing is bigger then it looks (due to the orientation).

• Vulk

I’m going to have to go ahead and disagree with you Ben. I LIKE this layout. It’s flexible. Main system configuration, check. File Server/NAS check. Same case.

Even though I sort of understand what you’re saying about the layout, I don’t agree. Mostly because I can’t think of another case that looks that easy to work in which offers that much for anything like that price. If you’ve got something better, let’s see it.

• Bensam123

You sacrifice like I said to achieve a smaller form factor. If you want something that is easy to use, then you use a normal atx or even a micro atx layout.

This looks about the size of a normal microatx case.

Hypotheticals sir. There isn’t a case like I was describing, that’s why I said they should do it. Mini-itx cases have notoriously bad design. About as close as what you can get to what I described are a couple lian-li mini-itx cases, but those don’t have a good use of space either.

• Thrashdog

I’m guessing that since they had an enthusiast build in mind, they didn’t want to compromise on space for the CPU heatsink. Sure, you could make the case smaller if you suspended the PSU over the motherboard, but you’d have to use a low-pro cooler that might necessitate a low-power CPU. IMO this would be an excellent “luggable” chassis, for those strange people who still go to LAN parties. 🙂

• Bensam123

Low profile or the cooler that comes with the CPUs. If the heatsink comes with the CPU, it should be rated for whatever the CPU is rated at. Intel stock heatsinks work fine, contrary to what other people might tell you.

It would most definitely be great for lugging around, just it looks about the size of a micro-atx case, which negates the point of a mini-itx motherboard.

• kureshii

“Negates the point of mini-ITX”? You have strange notions of “the point of mini-ITX”; if it doesn’t fit the use cases you have in mind, it’s not fit to be mini-ITX huh?

Try to design a micro-ATX system in that space. There is pretty much only one layout available to you, and it leads to really cramped space, minimal cable management, lots of compromises. Now design that same space for mini-ITX, and you have much more room for cabling, more layout options. Even without a size shrink, moving to mini-ITX gives plenty of advantages. What’s there to hate about having more options?

• Bensam123

Yes, my strange notions include the idea of putting a mini-itx motherboard in a like sized case. It kind of negates the point of mini-itx if you put it in a micro-atx or atx sized case, doesn’t it?

You made this post before you looked up the Lian-Li style cases I was talking about. Micro-atx simply extends the motherboard further. You could flip it on it’s side and it would almost fit vertically in this case, especially if you rearranged the PSU. It doesn’t project out into the case more.

• MadManOriginal

I think you’re overestimating the interior volume of this case, those handles add lots of height. Going by pictures on the website and using proportion estimates, the actual case without the handles is ~320mm (13.1 inches) high, so the component portion of the case is 250x320x359mm (10.2×13.1×14.65in WxHxD). That’s just about the bare minimum volume to be able to fit everything this case can hold when you consider it can hold very long graphics cards.

The bottom feet are needed because of the PSU orientation with an ATX PSU. Also, the bottom mounted PSU is needed to fit a standard-sized optical drive at the top without making the case excessively deep while maintaining that nice open area for larger cooler, just look at the side shots on their website. If they made a version without the handles/feet it could work but would require an SXF PSU to be able to pull air from inside the case. (And I for one still use optical drives a lot, for ripping media 🙂 thakfully regardless of trends in America, Asians will still want optical drives in their computers ;))

It’s wider than the bare minimum for mITX for two reasons: it has a second expansion slot and space on the other side of the motherboard for I guess cable management. (The cable management space seems like a waste to me. There are perforations on the left side where a graphics card would go which is understandable but less than ideal from a noise perspective and also short-cicuits cooling airflow. I’d rather they have less cable management space, move the motherboard closer to the right side, and make the left side of the case solid.)

• Bensam123

[url<]http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811163112[/url<] It could still fit a long graphics card if the PSU was above the socket and they could lob off the bottom HD slots and PSU spot.

• MadManOriginal

But not fit a taller CPU cooler as well, which I said.

• Bensam123

Yeah, that was part of my original statement though. When you work with mini-itx you do so at sacrifice. In order to use a giant cooler like that it ends up moving up the case size to micro-atx territory.

• Thrashdog

As others have mentioned, the airflow restriction and intake fan that a full ATX PSU would introduce in that position might compromise cooling, and in any case many people switch to aftermarket coolers for acoustics, rather than cooling power.

What really needs to happen is for somebody to standardize a smaller power supply form factor, so that ITX case designers can slim things down a bit more. 400-500W should be more than enough for even the most outlandish mITX build out there, since you’re never going to get a second GTX 690 in there, no matter how hard you try 🙂

• MadManOriginal

Silverstone makes some medium-high power SFX PSUs, 300W and 450W.

• Bensam123

I’m not how it would restrict airflow, the entire underside of a PSU with a 120mm fan is the fan. All the important components would have airflow being directly pulled from it. It would be right over the socket and motherboard itself so everything is properly cooled and it would be next to the gpu so it would suck hot air off the backside of that. A GPU has it’s own cooler that exhausts outside of the case as well.

• MadManOriginal

The optical disk drive wouldn’t fit where it is with a top-mounted ATX PSU unless they made the case even deeper than it is (I know, no one uses optical drives any more *rolleyes*). This layout is ideal for fitting a standrad optical drive [i<]and[/i<] having space for a long graphics card. If one of those two things wasn't desired then it could be shrunk more. This is a better layout than all of Lian-Li's mITX which have a full size ATX PSU right above the CPU which prevents one from using even semi-large coolers and also causes a fight for airflow between the CPU and PSU fans. Putting the lower HDD cage where it is makes for good flexibility and a mITX case that can take large coolers is very rare. And yes, it is kind of big...from their website product page: Dimensions (WxHxD) 250 x 404 x 359mm = 10.2 x 15.9 x 14.13 Those handle things add a fair amount to the height I'd say. I'd like to see them make this without the handles. One more thing I noticed: the two versions aren't identical. Black is all mesh ventilated front, white has a 'hidden' intake fan a la Antec P180. Too bad they split it up like that and didn't make both styles in both colors.

• Bensam123

I didn’t mean topmount, I meant side mount above the CPU socket, there would be room above the PSU for the optical drive. You could maintain current orientation and there would still be room above the PSU depending on how close to the CPU socket it is. It would leave room for drive bays above the PSU as well (although with little airflow, it’d work for SSDs). If there was venting in the top of the case it would help immensely too. A couple Lian-Li cases are designed with this orientation.

When there isn’t a lot of air to be moved inside the case, then you don’t really need to worry about airflow fighting or the air becoming stagnate in the first place. Almost all modern PSUs have a 120mm intake fan on them. If they’re positioned right above the CPU socket and the motherboard itself it would pretty much instantly remove any hot air from that area. One could simply get a heatsink with a 80mm fan on it and reverse it too, if it’s that much of a problem.

• kureshii

No one building a high-performance system would want to use the PSU to exhaust hot air straight from the CPU heatsink.

The Prodigy isn’t designed for people who have no need for multiple drives or even large heatsinks. That doesn’t mean there isn’t a use case for it. It would be impossible to pull off an mATX build in the same size without compromising cable management or cooling.

In any case, something already exists that fits what you described above: the Lian-Li Q08 (http://lian-li.com/v2/tw/product/upload/image/pc-q08/flyer.html). It is /much/ shorter, but cabling is a mess, and its cooling capacity is much weaker (http://cdn.overclock.net/a/a7/a7a35efd_f74b9d6cef952a9db0f63f0ada670c0e.jpeg). For a low-power home server it would be fine, but I can’t imagine anyone trying to build a gaming system with just one 140mm intake (or trying to fry their PSU with that layout). Different cases for different needs.

• Bensam123

You could fit more then one drive in there… I’m not sure what you’re saying about exhausting hot air out the case using a PSU… it still works.

Yeah, I was referencing Lian-Li cases, but just as you said, they’re a nightmare… it’s entirely possible to improve upon a design.

Mini-itx is designed to be ultra small, this is the size of a microatx case. A microatx case wouldn’t make cable management a nightmare compared to this, why would it? The motherboard is simply longer, which would take up deadspace in this case at the top.

• mboza

250 x 404 x 359mm (W x H x D), so roughly twice the height of a Sugo SG07, or not quite as deep as a Fractal Design Define Mini. I guess that includes the handles, so I dont know the internal volume. But I don’t mind the extra height compared to the SG07, so I guess this is now top of the list for my oft threatened mITX build.

The also claim to fit 320mm of GPU if you remove the middle drive bay, a front 230mm fan or 2x120mm, 2×120 on top.

Definitely needs a review just to sort out what you can do with it, though I do wonder what a comparable mATX case would be.

• Sunburn74

Its very big. Tweaktown has an article showing the case using thermalrights largest CPU cooler.

• Airmantharp

Might we say that, with the handles it’s the size of an mATX case, then?

I bet it’s internal volume isn’t so much greater than other mITX cases.

• kureshii

Bottom PSU mount gives the option of a dual-120mm radiator at the top. Mounting PSU above the board would cause it to bump right up against the ODD bay and block off 8cm of port access on that side; it’s a terrible compromise. Bitfenix’s layout makes more sense for cable management.

They flipped the tray because it *can* be done with ITX; a 24x24cm mATX board wouldn’t be able to manage it. They’ve already included cable management space alongside the PSU, leaving plenty enough space for a horizontally mounted ITX board above. This layout also means you can remove both panels and do cable routing from both sides, Shuttle-case-style.

As an aside, Lian-Li’s PSU-above-CPU layout is horrible and I would advise anyone getting a case with such a layout to rethink 1) airflow, 2) cable management. I say this as a Lian-li fan and a PC-V354 owner: that layout is the only thing putting me off similar Lian-Li cases. If the PSU and board must be put side-by-side, they should be positioned with backs facing each other. Oh look, guess what, BitFenix understands what I’m talking about!

• Bensam123

I would love to see someone who would actually decide to put a radiator inside this case. That would just be like stuffing it to the gills with something air can’t move around.

Cable management is stupid, especially when it gets down to this size. Mini-itx is about being as small as possible. This is still a microatx sized case. If you really see cable management as a necessity I think you’re looking at the wrong form factors. Antec makes cases with really good cable management, they’re also gigantic. Ever hear of the Mini-p180? It’s essentially a very nice micro-atx case that is bigger then some ATX cases.

Bitfenix may understand what you’re talking about, but the case is still the size of a micro-atx case, only it’s housing a mini-itx motherboard. Just the same as the mini-p180. There is a certain point at which you completely lose sight of the form factor you’re targeting.

• BiffStroganoffsky

This could sell a few more mini-ITX boards.

• rogue426

That’s a cool looking little case. Price is nice too. Layout looks like it would be easy to assemble the system.

• Dygear

Yeah, I’m massively impressed with this. I think I’ll have to pickup a Mini-ITX board.

• Sunburn74

Yeah me too. I find this case highly impressive.

• 5150