Animated series sets stage for Dishonored

Dishonored is due out in a couple weeks. We’ve already seen plenty of trailers and snippets of gameplay. Now, Bethesda has released a series of animated shorts that provide some backstory for the game. This threepart series trickled out over the last few days, and you can watch all the episodes below.

The Tales from Dunwall nicely sets the stage for what I hope is a compelling narrative. Given the environment’s obvious dickensian influences, it just wouldn’t do for the story to fall flat.

So, I guess I have two weeks to polish off Borderlands 2. Dishonored will be released on October 9 in North America and a few days later in the rest of the world. The Unreal Engine 3-based title is coming to consoles in addition to the PC, and it’s available for pre-order on Steam.

• kilkennycat

Dickensian? More like Dickens with a VERY heavy dose of H.G.Wells.

• holophrastic

Why do I need to click four times just to play one video? Can we fix this?
    1. play
    2. gear (because my 2400 baud modem is lost in my basement)
    3. full resolution (it’s a hardware review site showing off a graphically rich game through graphical video)
    4. full screen (so I can see the visuals)

Seems that should be the default. Can we make it so? What’s the point in watching these at youtube’s default 360?

• RGPsyop

Compositing:
    Borja Pena
    Helen Park
    Jason Conradt
    Danny Kamhaji

• Spotpuff

Could you comment more on the Dickensian aspect of it?

• redwood36

wow this animation is pretty terrible and the storytelling pretty confusing. Pretty disappointing considering this is one of my more anticipated games.

• l33t-g4m3r

Animation is pretty similar to Hard Reset, which wasn’t bad.

• Aphasia

Weird, I found it quite the opposite, great animation and style and pretty straightforward if slightly mysterious storytelling designed to get you to want more.