- Last paragraph...."AOL has power to change Browser market overnite
if they change which browser they use".
- AOL and MS are warring over "Instant Messenger".
- AOL now free of contract they signed with MS (AOL-Online must give MS-IE "exclusive" support).
- With 29 million customers -- AOL now needs MS ("AOL prominently displayed in WindowsOS")
less than MS needs them ("IE supported by AOL-Online").
- AOL may be holding off abandoning IE until Federal Appeals Court renders MS Anti-Trust verdict.
AOL wants MS broken up.
They sided with Govt as "Friend of the Court".
If they abandoned IE right now, it would hurt Govt's case.