GeForce 310.70 beta drivers also speed up Far Cry 3

Well, AMD isn’t the only one churning out graphics driver like there’s no tomorrow. Hot on the heels of last week’s 310.64 beta, Nvidia has posted an even newer set of drivers for GeForce owners. These freshly released 310.70 betas can be downloaded right here on GeForce.com.

According to the official release notes, the only improvements in store are optimizations for Far Cry 3. The game runs up to 38% quicker now, the company says. That’s interesting… except it’s the exact same spiel we got last week with the 310.64 beta update. A look at the accompanying blog post on GeForce.com suggests Nvidia is now recording these improvements over the 306.67 WHQL release, while the 310.64 betas were compared to the 310.54 betas.

I suppose it doesn’t really matter, though. Far Cry 3 came out yesterday, and these are the most recent drivers to support it. If you’re playing the game on a GeForce, you probably want them.

• Prestige Worldwide

Cool. Now I wonder how much the performance will have improved on my current card (GTX 670) by the time I’m able to pick this up on a Steam sale for less than $20.

• Arclight

Since this is only the 2nd comment in this thread i’m thinking that either not many TR readers bought FarCry 3 or they are too busy playing it to pay attention to the site….

• RedAdmiral

Jobs by day, Far Cry and Red Bull by night!

These drivers worked very well for me on my Laptop’s 670M video card with the Graphics on Very High/Ultra. Very Smooth so far.

• yogibbear

I’m reluctant to jump on beta drivers just because of 1 game… that I happen to be playing… my 306.97 are going strong with zero issues… so not bothered.

• Fluffmeister

Tech Spot Far Cry 3 performance test using these drivers:

[url<]http://www.techspot.com/review/615-far-cry-3-performance/[/url<]

• ThorAxe

Thanks for the link.

The results in the tests were not what I expected given the marketing…